Gatwick Area Hotels - Best Western or Mercure?

I'm looking for a cheap hotel to stay in on September 1st - can't really spend more than £50 on one night really. My parents will be driving us down, so I don't need parking of course. I've found that both the Best Western Moat House Gatwick and the Mercure Gatwick are about £45, but was wondering if anyone has any reviews/information about it? Or if anyone can suggest similarly priced, decent hotels?

I'm leaning more towards the Mercure at the moment because it has transfers every 15 minutes, whereas Best Western's operate every 30 minutes.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Try the premier inn. They usually have good rates and the rooms are nice. If not I would go for best western. At least you know what you are getting for your money.

Have a great time !:banana:

islandmum said:
peronally I'd stay in the Yotel - funky, cheap, brand new and right in the terminal.

This is where I'm staying :Pinkbounc We usually stay at the Hilton but trying something new this year (going to have to try Sofitel at some point too).

We're on a budget this year :upsidedow

Thanks for the input everyone, but the Premier Inn's just a bit too expensive - the Yotel looks great though, I may go with that :)

I've heard bad things about the Mecure, we looked at the one before but Trip Advisor put me off!

Yotel is great, a standard room overnight is about £50, we stayed last year and they are brilliant (though on the small size, check your cases into twilight check if you can). We have a premium pod booked for this year and it cost £80.

Best part is you can just fall out of bed and got to departures :rotfl:

Nothing wrong with the Mercure we have stayed here before. We are staying here again on Sunday. For us it was a good price with adding parking.

Bear in mind you will need to also pay for transfers to the airport

We have booked the Crowne Plaza I am hoping this is okay it was a good price at the time so we went with it.

Nothing wrong with the Mercure we have stayed here before. We are staying here again on Sunday. For us it was a good price with adding parking.

Bear in mind you will need to also pay for transfers to the airport

Ah, thanks for that :) The TripAdvisor reviews didn't seem too bad - better than some of the other Gatwick hotels I've read about anyway.

And my dad's agreed to drive us down (and pick us up!) so we decided to get a hotel the night before with some of the money saved; he'd rather drive us in the evening after he finishes work than get up at 3am the next day to take us for some reason :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter