Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge, TN chalets?

tessiemez

Thinks you're gorgeous
Hi,

Anyone have any good tips of large cabins/chalets in this area? My family's looking for a last-minute Thanksgiving retreat. I've never done chalet rentals before so it's hard to tell which places are really good quality. We're looking for a place that sleeps eight to ten people. If anyone's had any experience with getting big rentals like this, what do you feel is a reasonable price?

I know it's a long shot trying to find one so late in the game. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

My MIL has been searching again about this on trip advisor you can also post there and several have had expirence renting that size for larger.

We rented from Sherwood Forest Resort in July. Everything went smoothly, the place was clean & tidy and our cabin looked exactly like the pictures. We had a 2 bedroom, but they have a category of 6+ bedrooms on their website ... some of those places look huge.

9 years ago (yes I realize a long time) we rented from Hidden Mountain Resorts and had a great experience...We loved everything about it! Good luck!

Jenn

We just spent last weekend in Gatlinburg with 13 of my husbands family. It was his mom's 60th birthday. We used www . mountain chalets . com We had a four bedroom chalet with view and hot tub. It fit us all just fine. I believe it was around $ 800 for 3 nights. Good luck!!

Back in December 2005 we wanted and needed a getaway for the weekend, just the two of us. We love the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area so that is where I looked for a mountain cabin (Chalet). You will find tons of sites advertising them. Here is the one that we found and choose.

www.firesidechalets.com

and here was our cabin:
PC110308.jpg

PC110323.jpg

And our view:
PC110321.jpg

PC100282.jpg

I hope they find a nice chalet and have a great and relaxing trip. The mountains of Tennessee are absolutely gorgeous :thumbsup2

We stayed at alpinemountainvillage.com a few years ago, and I'm also looking at a possible Nov. trip. It's location is great for us, so close to the "main drag".:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the tips everybody--I have a lot of great sites to look into now! :thumbsup2

Look at Oak Haven Resort. We stayed there 2 summers ago in a beautiful home. All I will say is that both DH and DFIL were pleased (no small task).

You might want to try After All Chalets, too. They are nice, clean and cared for by the owners, not a rental company. have a good time.

We always stay at Gatlinburg Falls Resort. They are new and have lots of extras. They are sometimes pricey, but if you are spliting with others that helps. I can guarntee that you can't find a bad cabin here. www.gatlinburgfallsresort.com

We rented a 4 bedroom cabin from this place, it was great. They have all the way up to 18 bedroom cabins. You should be able to find what you are looking for. They have good pictures on the site so you will have a good idea what you are getting.

www.cabinsofthesmokymountains.com

My boss rented from cabinfevervacations.com and liked it.

Also check vrbo.com. I am renting a 2 BR cabin there in October, and I got a great price!

Deer Ridge. It was wonderful. Has condos, cabins, indoor pool with sauna and hot tub. Outdoor pool, playground, shelter house and tennis courts. It is very near a lovely golf course. Do try and get there the first time during the day, it is a bit tricky to find.

I went through hotels.com and really saved a ton over the Deer Ridge site. They even have wood burning fireplaces. I would try to get a loft room, either 1 BR or 2 BR. That way you will be on the top floor, and the view was awesome!

Deer Ridge is near the Gatlinburg Craft Loop and a Food City grocery store. I signed up at the Food City web site and they sent me a savings card. Our grocery run saved me $30+. DH was impressed! We also went horse back riding right down the road and the place was super nice. My DD6 even rode her own horse!

Going into Downtown Gatlinburg, you will have to drive, but there is a trolley stop across from the grocery if you choose to go that way!

We used Gatlinburgcabins online this summer. Our cabin was clean and upscale in smoky cove resort. We had a great time. Only down side is the companies can't gaurentee that construction won't be going on next door. Luckily we had construction up the street several cabins and it didn't bother us. I did write down the name of a cabin I want next time it sleeps a bunch of people, has a view and was upscale- I think it was an Eden Crest cabin in Smoky cove.
Word to the wise... we visited the preserve during our stay. It is a narrow winding road up the mountain. The cabins are set up like townhouses all side by side. Only certain one's offer a terrific view. The view from the pool was breathtaking!

Good Luck. It took me a long time to commit as there are too many choices.
:surfweb:

Good Luck on finding one for that date, I Have Searched for 4 Days, I Guess the Families that own them spend Thanksgiving there, But of course , we are looking for one that will hold 18 People for that date , No Luck!!!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter