Gate access?

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I'm looking at Mapquest for driving directions. We are staying at the Swan this fall, and for the first time in many years will have a rental car. When I put in for a route to the Animal Kingdom, it is telling me when I turn onto Sherberth Rd there is gate access? Does this mean a toll road? Is there another way to the Animal Kingdom from the Swan without getting on a toll road?

Mapquest is crazy on this one. No toll road needed.

You might want to try Google Maps for this one. Turn left out of the Swan onto Epcot Resorts Blvd. Turn right onto Buena Vista Drive. Take the ramp to the right onto Osceola Parkway just after you pass Blizzard Beach. The route is well signed, so hard to get confused. Google Maps says 2.7 miles and 6 minutes. I believe the distance, but would allow more time than this.

The PP is correct, there is no gate there. It could be that the software is translating the fact that Osceola *is* a toll road in some places (but not inside WDW property).

Best way to familiarize yourself with alternate routes within WDW is to use Google Earth, zoom in on Lake Buena Vista, FL, and "drive" the route with your mouse. If there is a gate, you will see it.

Mapquest is crazy on this one. No toll road needed.

You might want to try Google Maps for this one. Turn left out of the Swan onto Epcot Resorts Blvd. Turn right onto Buena Vista Drive. Take the ramp to the right onto Osceola Parkway just after you pass Blizzard Beach. The route is well signed, so hard to get confused. Google Maps says 2.7 miles and 6 minutes. I believe the distance, but would allow more time than this.

That's the way I always go.

FYI - there's a daily charge for parking at Swan/Dolphin, wasn't sure if you knew.

Thanks everyone. Google Maps, got it! My 77 year old dad is coming along, and I am not risking him having to stand on a bus, so I get to drive this time. I have no sense of direction, but if someone can navigate for me I will be ok. Staying at the Swan so I only have to worry about driving to the Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom.

DebbieB, is the parking fee $20? And do they charge you at check in for it?

Thanks everyone. Google Maps, got it! My 77 year old dad is coming along, and I am not risking him having to stand on a bus, so I get to drive this time. I have no sense of direction, but if someone can navigate for me I will be ok. Staying at the Swan so I only have to worry about driving to the Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom.

I think the parking fee is $20/day on top of the $25/day resort fee. I think the parking fee was charged with our incidentals at check out, not paid up front at check in (not Debbie B but that was our experience)

I'm looking at Mapquest for driving directions. We are staying at the Swan this fall, and for the first time in many years will have a rental car. When I put in for a route to the Animal Kingdom, it is telling me when I turn onto Sherberth Rd there is gate access? Does this mean a toll road? Is there another way to the Animal Kingdom from the Swan without getting on a toll road?
Sherberth Rd. is a backstage entrance to DAK.

It sounds like MapQuest is trying to take you backstage or into the cm lot, instead of Guest parking.

Last edited:

I only stayed one night, I think it was on my bill at checkout. I used Starwood points to pay for a night before I checked into DVC. I flew in a day early because of airfare. Since I was just there a night, I used valet, I can't remember how much it was.

Drive out of The Swan TURN RIGHT Follow SIGNS Animal Kingdom & Hwy 192

TURN RIGHT onto Oceola Parkway BEFORE BRIDGE following Animal Kingdom Directions

( A toll free road & takes about 10 min MAX )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter