Garden Grove in the Swan.......

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
Last Wednesday 2-15-17 we ventured out to the Swan via the ferry boat from the dock outside Hollywood Studios. We had a character dinner at the Garden Grove not to be confused with Garden Grille in Epcot.
We were pleasantly surprised with fantastic character interactions and delicious food along with a very attentive server.
The evening setting is a giant oak tree filed with shimmering twinkle lights and the low lighting makes it all calm and lovely. Garden Grove presents an unusual meal format. Every evening there is a pair of characters. We had Pluto and Goofy other nights you see Chip and Dale. They are accompanied by a Disney handler.
Sunday through Thursdays they offer a four entree meal and on Friday and Saturday they do a seafood buffet. We went on a Wednesday so we had the four entree menu. There was an unlimited bread, soups, and fresh salad bar followed by either Prime Rib ($36.99), Half Roasted Chicken ($29.99), Chef's Vegetarian Creation ($29.99), or Cedar Plank Salmon ($32.99). There was also a delicious dessert bar. Child's menu is here. (Dinner $17.99) http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/garden-grove-kids.pdf
I had the Prime Rib which was one of the best I have had on Disney property and everyone else raved about the Organic Chicken with the green beans and a full head of roasted garlic which was delicious on the assorted home made breads. The soups were clam chowder and a chicken vegetable soup. My husband said the chicken soup was very good and he had two full bowls of it.
This is not a Disney Resort so they do not accept the any of the Disney Dining plans but they do offer the DVC 20% off discount. You can not use Disney Gift Cards here or charge back to your room but the price of this nice pleasant paced character meal is less expensive than it's competitors at Disney restaurants. For example the character meal at Cinderella's Royal Table is over $70 and Chef Mickey's is over $50.
Pluto and Goofy spent lots of time with our little granddaughters and came back frequently. More importantly they were well trained and the handler was excellent as she allowed our 2 year old the time and space she needed to feel comfortable. Both characters had us all in stitches!
This lovely dinner is a hidden gem and perfect for a meal while visiting Hollywood Studios.The ferry ride over and back was pleasant and quick, allowing us to leave our vehicles parked at the Studios.The Swan charges an outrageous fee to park a car there so avoid that. Dinner began at 5 PM which also allowed us time for a relaxing dinner and yet get back to the park for the evening shows.
I honestly do not know if this was just a really good night to eat here or if this is the norm but I know we will return. I have been told that the seafood at Cape May is better so we avoided Fri. and Sat. nights when I planned. But until more of us try and we get some more reviews we will not know for sure.

This sounds yummy - thanks for posting - we are looking for new places to try on the next visit and Garden Grove will be going on the list. Did you happen to see what the vegetarian option looked like?

It sounds really great! We stay at BC most trips and have made ADR's there and have canceled every time just because we got sick of eating-Lol. I will be sure to keep it next time.

This sounds yummy - thanks for posting - we are looking for new places to try on the next visit and Garden Grove will be going on the list. Did you happen to see what the vegetarian option looked like?

No, I did not but the chef seemed very good with preparing everything else. I would imagine that he would come to your table and ask what you would like.

We did breakfast here for the first time last week. They do not do reservations for breakfast but we had no problem getting in. All 4 of the characters were there for breakfast and they came around multiple times. You have the choice of buffet or ordering from the menu.

Last Wednesday 2-15-17 we ventured out to the Swan via the ferry boat from the dock outside Hollywood Studios. We had a character dinner at the Garden Grove not to be confused with Garden Grille in Epcot.
We were pleasantly surprised with fantastic character interactions and delicious food along with a very attentive server.
The evening setting is a giant oak tree filed with shimmering twinkle lights and the low lighting makes it all calm and lovely. Garden Grove presents an unusual meal format. Every evening there is a pair of characters. We had Pluto and Goofy other nights you see Chip and Dale. They are accompanied by a Disney handler.
Sunday through Thursdays they offer a four entree meal and on Friday and Saturday they do a seafood buffet. We went on a Wednesday so we had the four entree menu. There was an unlimited bread, soups, and fresh salad bar followed by either Prime Rib ($36.99), Half Roasted Chicken ($29.99), Chef's Vegetarian Creation ($29.99), or Cedar Plank Salmon ($32.99). There was also a delicious dessert bar. Child's menu is here. (Dinner $17.99) http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/garden-grove-kids.pdf
I had the Prime Rib which was one of the best I have had on Disney property and everyone else raved about the Organic Chicken with the green beans and a full head of roasted garlic which was delicious on the assorted home made breads. The soups were clam chowder and a chicken vegetable soup. My husband said the chicken soup was very good and he had two full bowls of it.
This is not a Disney Resort so they do not accept the any of the Disney Dining plans but they do offer the DVC 20% off discount. You can not use Disney Gift Cards here or charge back to your room but the price of this nice pleasant paced character meal is less expensive than it's competitors at Disney restaurants. For example the character meal at Cinderella's Royal Table is over $70 and Chef Mickey's is over $50.
Pluto and Goofy spent lots of time with our little granddaughters and came back frequently. More importantly they were well trained and the handler was excellent as she allowed our 2 year old the time and space she needed to feel comfortable. Both characters had us all in stitches!
This lovely dinner is a hidden gem and perfect for a meal while visiting Hollywood Studios.The ferry ride over and back was pleasant and quick, allowing us to leave our vehicles parked at the Studios.The Swan charges an outrageous fee to park a car there so avoid that. Dinner began at 5 PM which also allowed us time for a relaxing dinner and yet get back to the park for the evening shows.
I honestly do not know if this was just a really good night to eat here or if this is the norm but I know we will return. I have been told that the seafood at Cape May is better so we avoided Fri. and Sat. nights when I planned. But until more of us try and we get some more reviews we will not know for sure.
Always wanted to try this! Glad to hear a good review!!

So awesome to hear a glowing review for the Garden Grove's character meal! We only tried a non-character breakfast once - back in 2014.

It was a beautiful setting. You can choose between buffet and ala carte. My DD and I chose to order from the menu while the other 3 in our party enjoyed the buffet. (This saved a bit of $$ as my DD doesn't care much for breakfast food. For me, I wanted something unique that was only on the menu).

Back to the buffet - my DH was super inpressed. He particularly loved that they had unique, fresh squeezed veggie juices/smoothies (I forget which). Something he has never seen in a buffet. Plus, they tasted great! Al the rest of the food was good, including the made to order omelettes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter