Garden Grill PPO Reservation Question

hosler427

Mouseketeer
So the best I have been able to do so far is 8:55 am. I am not in an extreme rush to ride Soarin or anything but we are early risers...what time will they let us walk to the restaurant before the park is opened? I know the liklihood of us getting seated right at 8 are nearly impossible but will they let us go through the park to the restaurant with other PPO reservation guests? It would be kind of nice to take a nice casual stroll to The Land and take some pics along the way.

So the best I have been able to do so far is 8:55 am. I am not in an extreme rush to ride Soarin or anything but we are early risers...what time will they let us walk to the restaurant before the park is opened? I know the liklihood of us getting seated right at 8 are nearly impossible but will they let us go through the park to the restaurant with other PPO reservation guests? It would be kind of nice to take a nice casual stroll to The Land and take some pics along the way.

Last week, we had at 0850 ADR at Garden Grill and they let us into the park when we arrived at 0805. We were seated by 0825.

When we had a Garden Grill PPO in September, it seemed like a combination of the two. We were near the front of the check-in crowd, but there were probably 10 or so parties seated before us. We had a later reservation (~8:30) so I think they tried to prioritize the people with the early reservation times. It was a little frustrating to wait, but because we were one of the first groups to check-in we definitely got seated much earlier than 8:30.

Last year when we went to Disney we had PPO daily. We had BoG, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Garden Grill, Akershus, and Hollywood and Vine. Nearly every time (no matter check in order) people with ADRs ahead of us got sat, if they were there.

I suspect if folks aren’t there yet and they have space they will sit you early.

When we had a Garden Grill PPO in September, it seemed like a combination of the two. We were near the front of the check-in crowd, but there were probably 10 or so parties seated before us. We had a later reservation (~8:30) so I think they tried to prioritize the people with the early reservation times. It was a little frustrating to wait, but because we were one of the first groups to check-in we definitely got seated much earlier than 8:30.

I would hope that they would prioritize people by time of ADR and not by rushing the podium to check in skills!

I’ve found that GG is very good about seating you quickly if you arrive early for your PPO reservation. Twice we have had 8:30/8:45 reservations but were seated immediately when we arrived just after 8. No reason to back up the podium if there are seats, CM and food available.

I was able to bump my reservation up to 8:35. I am going to keep checking as often as I can and hopefully bump it up again. Thanks for the information everyone!

If you have an 855 adr, you may actually be able to ride soarin’ before your adr depending on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter