Galveston cruises

erik3dis

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled for the Thanksgiving cruise leaving Galveston November 23 on the Wonder. I'm a little irritated that we are about 65 days out, coming up to the 60 day decision point and still no word at all on the status of this cruise.

Anyone else on this cruise? Right now, it has three sea days which we used to love, but with the reduced activities on board it sounds like it will be a little boring for our family.

Since they are doing their California cruises and the EBPC, I would feel pretty confident about the Galveston sailings. I am sure however, that they won’t go to Key West because currently Disney has altered all of those Key West stops. The challenge with a six night cruise out of Galveston is how long it takes to get to the Bahamas. I don’t know how they sub in another port even Nassau. If it was a seven night cruise you would probably get a Nassau day and a CC day, but with a six night, that is much more challenging.

Last edited:
I definitely expect your cruise to sail. They're pretty much ready to sail out of San Diego. They've announced the adjustments for the Panama Canal cruise back to Galveston, so we know they expect that one to happen.

In regards to what sailing will be like: I would assume it will be very much the same as the Fantasy and Dream (which, yes, includes reduced activities onboard). If this pandemic makes good improvements between now and then, and they feel they can therefore make some changes, that would be wonderful of course, but I wouldn't count on it. I would also assume that they're not going to Key West since they've been canceling that port for the Magic. (Edit: As I finished typing this and reading HiStitch626's post about how long it takes to get to the Bahamas; I am now more worried about your cruise, as in, even more sea days or an itinerary change to a Western Caribbean. That said, I love the Wonder and I was on the 2020 Panama Canal cruise that had most ports canceled; we loved the sea days and we're not bored at all)

Disney has been overall pretty last minute with announcing information. Frustrating indeed, but at this point, I think most of us are not expecting an improvement on that front. These last few months they've announced changes two weeks before sailings that were affected...

Last edited:
Yes we normally love sea days. But with reduced activities and masks throughout the ship, not so much. Our son loves the basketball court, our daughter loves the animation classes. And we all generally enjoy the trivias, contests and shows. The reduced capacity would be nice but over Thanksgiving, don't know how much to count on there.

I also love the Wonder and Magic. The smaller ships are less crowded in the first place but at this point and the more we think about it, I probably see us cancelling once Disney formally announces their plans for this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter