Gail & Ian's PJ - 9/7/09 WP, CG Napa & UK - WEDDING DAY TR STARTED!!

DISNEY*lover

DIS Veteran
So I've had a PJ but my images were thrown off the net so I decided it would be easier to start a new one with a new image hosting site. Plus, a lot has changed since my last post on there.

HOW DID WE MEET
My Aunt knew Ian's Uncle and she thought we'd make a cute couple. My Aunt emailed Ian a picture of me to Ian and then she emailed me a picture of Ian. I opened that email and it was like love at first sight. First thing I said to myself was "Guys like him don't date girls like me." Anyway, my Aunt gave him my number and he called me a few nights afterwards. We talked for hours on the phone here and there for a few weeks and we decided it was time to meet each other. He lived in New Jersey and I lived in Connecticut at the time. We met 3 weekends after we first started talking and it was magical. He was a great guy. Three months later he asked me to move in with him - so I did and it's been great since. Every day I fall more and more in love with him.

HOW HE PROPOSED
Lets start from the top. He asked my Dad for permission and then went ring shopping with him. We went home back to New Jersey and 2 weeks later he took me out to a seafood restaurant called "Off the Hook" on Sandy Hook Beach on the first sunny day of the year (April 9th 2008). Then he took me up to the top of a nearby mountain overlooking Sandy Hook Beach and you could even see NYC! He told me he loved me and wanted me to be a big part of his life forever and gave me a kiss. By the time I opened my eyes from the kiss he had the ring at my eye level and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes, cried, hugged him, and kissed him. *Swoons*

us.jpg

ESCAPE/WISHES? Wishes
CEREMONY? Wedding Pavilion
RECEPTION? California Grill (Napa Room) w/ DJ no dance floor
DESSERT PARTY? UK Lower during the fireworks
TRANSPORTATION? Limo
WEDDING DATE? September 7th 2009
WEDDING THEME? Mickey & Minnie Mouse
OUR COLORS? Black, white, & red w/ yellow accents

BOOKED
- Officiant
- Beaute Speciale
- Photographer (Randy Chapman!)
- Videographer (A Moment to Remember!)

MY WEDDING GOWN
This is "the one". - Picture taken down incase the fiance comes across this. ;) Yes babe, I know your dying to find out.

MY BRIDESMAID DRESSES
I can't quite decide yet. But I deffinately would like them in red or yellow. If I decide to have them wear the same colors the difference between the Maid Of Honor is going to wear a tiara to seperate her from the bridesmaids.

RECEPTION - California Grill lunch reception (Napa Room)
california_grill1.jpg

california_grill2.jpg

california_grill3.jpg

california_grill4.jpg

GUESTBOOK
For the guestbook I'm just getting one of those frames that you can sign. I wanted something that I can display - that'd be perfect!

CAKE
cake1.jpg

cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

From top to bottom: Cake I want, how I want the cake decorated, the cake topper. The middle picture is actually someone's cake from the DisBoards! Isn't it beautiful?

CAKE CUTTING SET
cutting1.jpg

cutting2.jpg

I got this off eBay for like $45 but I may put it back up and get something else. It's cute but I'm not completely satisfied with it.

PLACE CARDS
placecards.jpg

I want mine printed in black though. ;)

GARTERS
garters.jpg

CENTER PIECES
freesia.jpg

This isn't set in stone yet but this is what I'm leaning towards. Instead of the limes I'd like to layer lemons and apples and use the same flowers from my bouquet on the center pieces.

TIARA
tiara.jpg

Cute and simple. I have a long face so I can't pull off any of the elaborate tall ones.

i love all of it. the bouquet is amazing.one question what colors would you choose?? and i love the centerpieces it will all be breathtaking

So I got a quote from a FL florist and for the flowers and centerpieces I want it's going to be close to $1200. :scared1: I might just change my choice of flowers to make it cheaper or do it myself. DF and I deffinately don't want to spend that much on flowers.

SHOES
shoes.jpg

This is the link to get them in case any of you are interested. They're only $38.99!

Oh and more exciting news! I made an appointment on September 27th at 9AM to look at the places I'm interested in for the wedding. Yay! So excited!!

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous !

I think you should choose Yellow for the bridesmaids - of course I am bias ;) My bridesmaids will be in buttercup yellow.

Linz xxx :)

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous !

I think you should choose Yellow for the bridesmaids - of course I am bias ;) My bridesmaids will be in buttercup yellow.

Linz xxx :)

Thank you! Yeah if I decide to go with the David's Bridal dress for the girls they'll be in yellow. I like their yellow. If I decide to go with the Alfred Angelo dress they'll be in red. Their yellow sucks.

MEMORIAL POEM
So I decided I wanted to a memorial set-up for my deceased family members. Here's the poem I made up.
memorial_poem.png

I went to the Christmas tree shop and got a 4-slot frame to put pictures of them in, 5x7 frame for the memorial poem, 2 red tapered candles, and 2 candle holders. I want to lay a red rose down too.

WEDDING PAVILION DECOR
ceremonydecor.jpg

I like the swagging, the pew bows, flower petals, and aisle runner. The Wedding Pavilion is so pretty already that it doesn't need much.

HAIR AND MAKE-UP
I know I have plenty of time for hair and make-up but I think I found it. I like her hair and make-up. I want that make-up look - natural. If I decide to go with it down, I like this.
hair1.jpg

If I decide to go with it up, I like this. Flower and everything. Execpt a matching flower from my bouquet.
hair2.jpg

FLORAL
So I got a spreadsheet from the FL florist I'd like to use and she has a list of cheap flowers she offers. I think I'll go with gerbera daisies. I'd also like asters, daisies, spider mums, football mums, and hypericum berries. I want the colors to be red, white, yellow, and orange. Hand-tied bouquets too of course.

CENTER PIECES
cp1.jpg

I'm thinking about surrounding it with a candy bar too. Like 3 or 4 small-medium sized vases full of different candies in it - one for each vase with a scoop in it. Each guest can fill up a small organza bag with their candy of choice for favors. I'd have 5 votives lit up as well as red flower pretals scattered on the table.

TABLE SETTING
setting1.jpg

I love this look!

Oh! I got 48 bubble wands at The Christmas Tree Shop for $2.99! They wanted $19.99 for the same thing at Michaels. I was stoked about that! That was the highlight of my weekend!! The ribbon to tie on the top is going to cost more than the bubble wands.

everything looks really great so far!! I love your dress!!

Can't wait to hear more!

HAHA that is funny!!!!

All of your ideas look fantastic!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter