FYI - updated ticket change rules are now in effect

MKTokyo

DIS Veteran
TDR has new rules for how & where you can change your purchased tickets. I will try to keep this as clear & concise as possible but it's never that easy... :rolleyes:

Types of changes:
  • date of park visit (i.e. from June 5 to June 6 - within three months)
  • park you will be visiting (i.e. from Disneyland to DisneySea)
  • ticket type, including all extensions (i.e. from 3-Day to 4-Day)
  • age category (i.e. from Junior to Adult
& here are the specific changes...

➔ If you bought your tickets online, directly from TDR, you cannot change the ticket type or age category at the park anymore. You have to make those two changes online before you arrive. The others can still be done at in-park ticket booths.

➔ If you bought your tickets from a travel agency, a convenience store, or a train station, you may only change the date of park visit and the park you will be visiting. This must be done at an in-park ticket booth. You cannot change the ticket type or age category at all. I have no idea if this would apply to Klook tickets or not so if you plan to book through Klook, you should definitely get some kind of assurance from them if you plan to upgrade/extend your tickets. (And then you should let everyone here know how it went. :laughing:)

➔ Package tickets are not affected.

Just looked over the FAQ here: https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/faq_detail.html?id=14207&category=1518&page=1

I think that the age category and ticket type change are no longer available at all for tickets that were not purchased online. So you can only change the date and park you will be visiting for tickets purchased from Klook, directly from the parks/ticket center and Disney Stores.

The fee to change the tickets at the parks is still 200 JPY.

Okay...

Do I have to buy our tickets ahead of time?

We are hoping to just buy them at Hilton Tokyo Bay or at parks?

We will be buying a 4 day park hopper... I know day 1 and 2 we have to pick a park and can not hop between the parks... then we can Park hop on day 3 and 4...?

If we decide and stay on site and get a package then we can park hop all 4 days...?

I am going to set up our Klook account in the next few weeks...

Okay...

Do I have to buy our tickets ahead of time?

We are hoping to just buy them at Hilton Tokyo Bay or at parks?

We will be buying a 4 day park hopper... I know day 1 and 2 we have to pick a park and can not hop between the parks... then we can Park hop on day 3 and 4...?

If we decide and stay on site and get a package then we can park hop all 4 days...?

I am going to set up our Klook account in the next few weeks...

Your understanding is correct for the 4 day tickets.

Given the changes, it may be best to purchase the tickets in Japan once you know your exact plans. It is possible that Klook is not selling the particular type of ticket you want and you won't be able to change later. I also don't generally advise people to purchase through Klook because the savings (if there are any) aren't worth the extra trouble of picking up the tickets.

It is advised to buy tickets in advance if you plan to arrive early on your first day at the park. I think the Hilton may only accept cash so if you want to use a credit card, you should buy advance tickets at the ticket center at Iskpiari or the Annual Passholder center in front of Disneyland. The ticket booths only sell tickets for the current day.

Your understanding is correct for the 4 day tickets.

Given the changes, it may be best to purchase the tickets in Japan once you know your exact plans. It is possible that Klook is not selling the particular type of ticket you want and you won't be able to change later. I also don't generally advise people to purchase through Klook because the savings (if there are any) aren't worth the extra trouble of picking up the tickets.

It is advised to buy tickets in advance if you plan to arrive early on your first day at the park. I think the Hilton may only accept cash so if you want to use a credit card, you should buy advance tickets at the ticket center at Iskpiari or the Annual Passholder center in front of Disneyland. The ticket booths only sell tickets for the current day.
We’re buying our tickets at ikspiari the day before since we want to use a credit card and don’t want to wait in line at the park

We’re buying our tickets at ikspiari the day before since we want to use a credit card and don’t want to wait in line at the park
Haley, I know this is old now that you're home, but Ikspiari is one place we actually didn't get a chance to check out when we were there last fall. Is the location to purchase park tickets super easy to find?

There's a beautiful, fairly ornate rounded stairwell near the front of Ikspiari. Head down the stairs and right there is the ticket center, if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter