FYI on Jiko

burberryplaid

<font color=darkorange>Addicted to SOARIN's Orange
I just wanted to post this for anyone who is going there soon.

We were there on 9/7 and the Maize Crusted Sturgeon has been replaced with Maize Crusted Halibut. I posted this in the picture thread, but decided to make a seperate post in case it got lost in the shuffle.

I don't know if this is permanent or not, but just wanted to let you all know that it's possible that you will see the sturgeon and halibut interchanged on your visit. :)

Thanks! I knew that with the new chef came some changes, hopefully they won't be major. I wonder if he has changed anything else?

:)

This is an on again off again change. Since they discontinued their signature dish (the Monkfish) the replacement has revolved among these two and one other (I can't think of right now ) I beleive.

As good as the halibut is, it still paled compared to the Monkfish, so I think they're still trying to find that A#1 replacement.
pirate:

Thanks! We'll be there in a couple of weeks. I've had the halibut before...it is EXCELLENT as is everything I've tried at Jiko. Can't wait!:banana:

Do you think the sturgeon is from the Land pavilion? They have a whole tank of those guys.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll take Halibut over Sturgeon any day. Only problem is - Halibut is seasonal, but it's halibut season now!!

Last time at Jiko I really wanted that Lamb Shank--but decided to order fish just for the Halibut:)

Do you think the sturgeon is from the Land pavilion? They have a whole tank of those guys.

Good point! They may very well be trying to use some of the aquaculture fish being produced in The Land. I know they use the vegetables produced there for the restaurants, so why not the fish.

Interesting line of thought for sure.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter