FYI - Covid Rapid test reservations at CVM Medical in YVR

Calantha

DIS Veteran
So, I made "return to the US" testing reservations at CVM Medical at the airport (you have to pre-pay but you can cancel up to 1 day before and receive a refund). Just as a head's up, you have to make a reservation per person and if you use the same e-mail address for everyone in your group, and then modify the reservation, it will all merge under one name. Example: Me, DS and DH. I made 3 reservations. Decided I should move the time earlier and modified the 3 reservations. They all come back in DH's name (although the birthdays were still right). I emailed CVM and apparently it is a known bug in their system. Basically, you need to double check the info when you arrive at the test location.

I went ahead and just booked our return trip testing through safe passage. We won't be leaving until the day after we disembark the ship, so this way we made sure that we had the testing done within the window and not have to mess with it at the airport the next day.

Psy

That's good to know. We are staying three days after in Vancouver so we will likely test at the airport or try to use proctored home tests. We have a few more weeks to figure it all out.

I went ahead and just booked our return trip testing through safe passage.
Yes, I still might do that - but I can't see anything in Safe Passage yet, so I just wanted to make sure I had something booked. I was also not sure where the testing from Safe Passage was going to take place (do we have to walk across the street with all the luggage for example). And, I still cross my fingers that testing ends in the next 30 days.

I was also not sure where the testing from Safe Passage was going to take place (do we have to walk across the street with all the luggage for example).
When I signed up, it is showing Port of Vancouver, so my guess it will be at the same location as the testing to get on the ship. All the appointments are in the morning (or at least they were for us), so I don't think that we would have far to go for the testing, I could be wrong, but the confirmation e-mail doesn't have an address on it.

Psy

We are on the transatlantic leaving may 8 and arriving Barcelona May 21. I got an email yesterday telling us to sign up at the airport for testing. I’m glad I booked our flight for the next day and our hotel in Barcelona will arrange testing for the same price as the airport do we don’t have to scramble at the airport to get it done. . I’m disappointed that Disney has not arranged to have testing available at the foreign ports except for Canada for US citizens needing to catch a plane. Other cruise lines are making post cruise testing available at foreign ports.

When I signed up, it is showing Port of Vancouver, so my guess it will be at the same location as the testing to get on the ship. All the appointments are in the morning (or at least they were for us), so I don't think that we would have far to go for the testing, I could be wrong, but the confirmation e-mail doesn't have an address on it.

Psy
I read on the DCL website that the Canada Testing Location is the Sinclair Center, located across the street from the Fairmont Waterfront.

I read on the DCL website that the Canada Testing Location is the Sinclair Center, located across the street from the Fairmont Waterfront.
I called Inspire and they were not able to give me the address and just said it is within walking distance of getting off the ship. If it is at Sinclair Center, then according to google maps, is about a 4 minute walk from the cruise terminal and is showing the distance to be about 270 meters so about .16th of a mile.

Psy

I called Inspire and they were not able to give me the address and just said it is within walking distance of getting off the ship. If it is at Sinclair Center, then according to google maps, is about a 4 minute walk from the cruise terminal and is showing the distance to be about 270 meters so about .16th of a mile.

Psy
I can't find where I saw that, I had it written down. Maybe it is changing. I am sure we will learn more from the May Alaska passengers. I hope DCL takes really good care of them since they are the first to go through this in Canada!

I can't find where I saw that, I had it written down. Maybe it is changing. I am sure we will learn more from the May Alaska passengers. I hope DCL takes really good care of them since they are the first to go through this in Canada!
There is a spot on the DCL website that has the testing locations and it does ay Sinclair Center, but as I said, it is well within walking distance. You pretty much cross a street, walk a block and cross another street and you are there. We are staying at the Fairmount Waterfront for the 3 days before our cruise and we are on the first Alaska cruise of the season.

Psy

There is a spot on the DCL website that has the testing locations and it does ay Sinclair Center, but as I said, it is well within walking distance. You pretty much cross a street, walk a block and cross another street and you are there. We are staying at the Fairmount Waterfront for the 3 days before our cruise and we are on the first Alaska cruise of the season.

Psy
We will see you there! 11 days and counting.

My wife and I just finished B2B Vancouver-->Hawaii-->Vancouver. I tried to book thru DCL safe passage, but they had not released dates for the day we returned until after we left Vancouver and no longer had reliable internet service. We stayed at the Pan Pacific for 2 nights before we left. Noticed a Covid testing center in the Pan Pacific hotel near the shops before we left. Checked on that and was able to make a reservation there for our return date. https://fast-test.ca/. I think it is more expensive than safe passage, but I just wanted to make sure we had something booked. Our appointments wer for 10:30 and 10:40 on disembarkation day. By the time our luggage group was allowed to disembark and we got our luggage and dropped off at the Pan Pacific bell services it was almost 10:30. Had our results in 20 minutes. Our flight out of YVR wasn't until 6:54 PM that evening. We had booked a car service to take us from the Pan Pacific to the airport at 2:45. Got to the airport about an hour before United counters were open to check luggage.

Wow- fastest may be convenient but their prices border on gouging. $125.00 plus tax. For a proctored RAT? I have 8 of the test kits in my closet. Crazy. I hope it all ends soon.

So, I made "return to the US" testing reservations at CVM Medical at the airport (you have to pre-pay but you can cancel up to 1 day before and receive a refund). Just as a head's up, you have to make a reservation per person and if you use the same e-mail address for everyone in your group, and then modify the reservation, it will all merge under one name. Example: Me, DS and DH. I made 3 reservations. Decided I should move the time earlier and modified the 3 reservations. They all come back in DH's name (although the birthdays were still right). I emailed CVM and apparently it is a known bug in their system. Basically, you need to double check the info when you arrive at the test location.
How early before your flight did you test? And how long did it take to get results? We don't fly out until 10:30 pm. Trying to decide if we can just test at the airport when we arrive for our flight if we arrive 3 hours early.

I booked CVM at Canada place, the app part was flunky over writing names and Dates of Birth.. I emailed them and someone helped me get it all correct in their system and a printout reservation to bring.

Wow- fastest may be convenient but their prices border on gouging. $125.00 plus tax. For a proctored RAT? I have 8 of the test kits in my closet. Crazy. I hope it all ends soon.
I have a stash, too, but unfortunately they are the Self Tests and I need to get the ones that can be proctored.

How early before your flight did you test? And how long did it take to get results? We don't fly out until 10:30 pm. Trying to decide if we can just test at the airport when we arrive for our flight if we arrive 3 hours early.

We don't go until 6 June. (So we depart for the US on the 13th). I am now thinking about getting the proctored tests to take on the ship because our departure is at 2PM, and other posts I have read say the testing centers at the airport are very busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter