Future WDW DVC Resorts

Thanks for the replies!

Given your feedback I think we are just going to wait until a DVC resort is build that appeals to us. Hopefully the Poly or GF will have one in the next couple of years :goodvibes

Have you visited the BLT and AKV preview rooms? They are worth looking at.

Have you visited the BLT and AKV preview rooms? They are worth looking at.

We did visit the AKV preview rooms last year and thought they were great and nicely appointed. :thumbsup2 Heck we almost bought in at that time.

However, :confused3, my DW and I have learned over the past couple of years of visiting and staying at different resorts that we LOVE the Poly and GF for their proximity to the MK, the monorail, their beaches, and theming. While we really enjoyed our stay at the AKL (especially the pool area and Boma) we can't bring ourselves to make it our home resort. As for BLT, it has the monorail and MK proximity covered but the Contemporary theme and no beach access poses problems for us if were spending that much money.

Soooooooo us being the picky people we are know that even though we want to buy into DVC should wait until the right resort is built. :goodvibes

I spoke with my guide 2 weeks ago and talked about BLT. I mentioned to her that what I really want is a GF DVC. She said that it is in the works along with Poly and they will happen in the next 5-6 years. She said that the current idea is to remodel existing GF and Poly buildings into DVC's. Like what they did with the 5th & 6th floors at Jambo House AKL. She also said that the plan is to "dot" the resort area (including Mods and values) with DVC.

She also offered a few other interesting tid bits...she said they have plans for a "Ski destination" DVC...BLT is only 35% sold out...Hawaii is a pet project of one of the highest ups in the comapny and that it will be special. Expensive, but special.

Not trying to spread rumors, just relaying what our guide told us. She could tell I was very interested if GF DVC so why would she lie about the possibilty of it being built. In fact, she was rather specific about the details.

Thanks for the info! My DW will be glad to hear this. We'll be buying in the first day if their is a Poly or GF DVC built!:woohoo:

I am looking forward to the possiblility of a resort opening in DC as seen in a previous posting

...Hawaii is a pet project of one of the highest ups in the comapny and that it will be special. Expensive, but special..

I wonder who the highest up in the company is... this person must like Hawaii very much... I suspect this person loves it some much he/she might even wear Hawaii shirt to work everyday. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter