Fussy eater on the DDP

sarah4291

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!!!

A bit of a strange question but how flexible are disney with their menus? I am going on my honeymoon in August next year but I am the fussiest person in the world and I find a lot of the menus very 'posh' in terms of what I like! I'm much more of a quick service person but my fiancé insisted on a sit down meal each day! So would they do their meals without sauces and with chips instead of veg etc? I really want to eat at jiko and have the steak in macaroni cheese that they had on their menu a while back but it's no longer there! Would they do this for me? It's been 8 years since I last went and have never really eaten at TS restaurants with my family! Also can you yse a TS credit to have a QS meal? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies! :D

At most table service restaurants you can request to have chef come to your table and you can ask them questions you have about the menu.

Hi everyone!!!

A bit of a strange question but how flexible are disney with their menus? I am going on my honeymoon in August next year but I am the fussiest person in the world and I find a lot of the menus very 'posh' in terms of what I like! I'm much more of a quick service person but my fiancé insisted on a sit down meal each day!

1. So would they do their meals without sauces and with chips instead of veg etc?

2. I really want to eat at jiko and have the steak in macaroni cheese that they had on their menu a while back but it's no longer there! Would they do this for me? It's been 8 years since I last went and have never really eaten at TS restaurants with my family!

3. Also can you yse a TS credit to have a QS meal? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies! :D

1. Yes they will! I've modified orders so much before that I was genuinely surprised that they would do it. (The story is: I loved the maple BBQ filet at Le Cellier. I've walked in on several occasions and ordered exactly as so: "I'd like the mushroom filet with no mushrooms, please. I'd also like to substitute the cream cheese mashed potatoes for the mushroom risotto. Oh, and can I get a side of maple BBQ sauce (or just plain if they are out of maple since it's a lunch thing and we usually go at dinner)?" They've said "no problem" every time.)

2. You can still get it. Mac and cheese is offered as a side dish, so I'm 90% sure you could substitute it into the filet dish for a small upcharge.

3. Yes, you can use a TS credit for a QS meal, but to me that's a waste. TS are so much more expensive than QS so I would use it to get its full value at a good restaurant rather than waste it on an overpriced burger.

I had the filet with mac and cheese at Jiko on Wednesday. The waiter said it was not a problem and people make that request every day.

I had the filet with mac and cheese at Jiko on Wednesday. The waiter said it was not a problem and people make that request every day.

Perfect!!! Just to have it without the wine sauce now! If I'm honest I've never even tried steak but I'm sure I would like it! You have all been very helpful! Thank you!

Another question though - can an adult order a child's meal but in an adult size portion?

Perfect!!! Just to have it without the wine sauce now! If I'm honest I've never even tried steak but I'm sure I would like it! You have all been very helpful! Thank you!

Another question though - can an adult order a child's meal but in an adult size portion?

I have never seen that done, mostly because I don't think they would have a way to charge you for it.

Hi everyone!!!

A bit of a strange question but how flexible are disney with their menus? I am going on my honeymoon in August next year but I am the fussiest person in the world and I find a lot of the menus very 'posh' in terms of what I like! I'm much more of a quick service person but my fiancé insisted on a sit down meal each day! So would they do their meals without sauces and with chips instead of veg etc? I really want to eat at jiko and have the steak in macaroni cheese that they had on their menu a while back but it's no longer there! Would they do this for me? It's been 8 years since I last went and have never really eaten at TS restaurants with my family! Also can you yse a TS credit to have a QS meal? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies! :D

As I tell me husband all the time, look at the entire menu.

For example, as Jiko - maybe you want the filet mignon but don't want the rice (I'm looking at myself here). But, there is herb-crusted potatoes offered with the chicken just one item away. I would order the filet mignon and substitute the rice with the potatoes. And you can always order something "naked" without sauces.

I have learned with any restaurant, if you say "hold *whatever*" about 99.9% of the servers will say "do you want something else?" The other .1% of the places shouldn't be in business. But at Disney World it's 100% that will attempt to please you.

No worries.

Overall, all the restaurants are quite accommodating but be aware that they don't have to be, so it's not a guarantee. You can use TS credits for buffet restaurants (Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine, Trails End, 1900 Park Fare etc.) which is often the best way to go. I am a little fussy too, so we tend to go to buffet table service meals then everyone can get what they want.

In terms of switching TS for CS and adult meals for kids offerings, you'll find that most will do it without a problem but again, there are some "jobs worth" types who do say no. I think it would be wrong of us to give you certain answers based on our own experiences because as most of us know things are not always consistent.

I have read in multiple places and it frequently comes up on the DIS and DIBB boards that some people have managed to trade counter service meals for 3 snack credits. It does happen and we did it, but most places we tried said it couldn't be done. We were lucky and found a nice CM at the Contemporary who did it for us, but it's not a sure thing at all.

You shouldn't have too many problems but just bear in mind that they won't always do these things and at the beginning if they can help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter