Funny things your kids call rides

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Daisy1940, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Daisy1940

Daisy1940 Mouseketeer

My 3-year-old son has been watching YouTube ride videos in anticipation of our current trip to WDW. His favorite is "wheezy dog dash." I suppose as much as slinky dog is running, he probably is wheezing a bit :scratchin He also loves the "hi-ho roller coaster." My husband finally convinced him the names are Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

What funny names have your kids given to attractions, parks, characters, etc.? I love the things kids come up with!

sunflowerfields and paisleys like this.
  2. paisleys

paisleys Mouseketeer

We had no idea what ride one of our daughters was talking about when she kept asking to go on 'The Angel Ride'. She told us it was the one with all of the angels singing ❤️ Now Small World will always be The Angel Ride to us. The other is the Philharmagic which they referred to as 'Dongal's Poopoo' (at the end when his butt is hanging out of the wall!). Kids are so funny! I used to write some of the words they used down in a book.

And tell your husband the proper ride names are no fun compared to what your son is coming up with! I may have to start using the Hi Ho roller coaster one!

firefly_ris and sunflowerfields like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Daisy1940

Daisy1940 Mouseketeer

I love the angel ride, that is adorable!! Kids really come up with some creative names for things :)

5. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Not a ride name.... but ds used to say
    Windwipers... for the windshield wipers and I loved it lol

And when my bro was quite young he found the Bible in the hotel drawer...
    He asked why the “Holiday Bibble” was in the room..
    Makes me laugh to this day... and I was sure to share it with his now, grown children !!

6. sunflowerfields

sunflowerfields Mouseketeer

This isn't a ride, or attraction, but it melts my heart when my two (almost 3 yr. old) granddaughter says it. We hadn't had rain in forever where we live and then last week we had over 6 inches. She had never seen an umbrella but we used one a lot last week. It took us some time to figure out what she meant, but she kept talking about her Cinderella-aka an umbrella! She honestly doesn't know she says it wrong. It is just so sweet to hear her.

DisneyRegulars likes this.
  7. Daisy1940

Daisy1940 Mouseketeer

That is precious!

8. jalapeno_pretzel

jalapeno_pretzel Mouseketeer

Driving through western NC up towards West Virginia, we passed a location called Pilot Mountain. It's a pretty distinctive big domed mountain.

As I was pointing it out "look look, there's Pilot Mountain," one of my kids (probably about 4-5 at the time) asked ... "Is that a ride?" I was so confused. "No look, it's a mountain. See? Pilot Mountain?"

And then she said - but .. Splash Mountain? Space Mountain? Thunder Mountain? Pilot Mountain?

Crystal824 and sunflowerfields like this.
  9. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

Last year my daughter had just turned 3 and she kept calling the Tea Cups, the Cup Cakes lol. She doesn't now, but it was cute.

sunflowerfields likes this.
  10. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

My 2.5 yo calls the Haunted Mansion "the ghost party." He's not wrong.

11. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

My kids call Philharmagic, the Mickey Magic Show. My four year old calls all Roller coasters, Roller Posters.

12. Smittolis

Smittolis DIS Veteran

All my kids used to call the Dumbo ride 'Bumbo'...... lol and Ariel the 'Meemerd' ride