Fun Treat similar to Kitchen Sink

has2girls

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm taking my 7 y/o to Disney World in August. Was hoping to get the Mickey sink sundae at Beaches and Cream but I'm seeing that it will be closed while we are there.

Is there a similarly over the top, super cute, fun treat in a cool environment we could try somewhere else??? Any ideas? Thanks!

The ice cream parlor on Main Street in Magic Kingdom sells a mini Mickey kitchen sink (about $20). You get to keep the plastic sink (Mickey's red pants). It is shareable (3 of us share). You would have to eat it outside at tables right there. It's one of our favorite spots when ending a "magical" night!

The ice cream parlor on Main Street in Magic Kingdom sells a mini Mickey kitchen sink (about $20). You get to keep the plastic sink (Mickey's red pants). It is shareable (3 of us share). You would have to eat it outside at tables right there. It's one of our favorite spots when ending a "magical" night!
Maybe a good Alternative! I was worried that one would be so darn busy that it wouldn't be as fun. But late night could work! Thanks!

Bonus: if 7 year old can stay up late. Go right before park closes,get in line and sit and watch the Goodnight Kiss, if you haven't yet. It runs about half hour after official park closure (except extra cost party nights). Staying onsite, don't worry buses will still be running, two hours past park hours.

Also in the EP resort area, you will find The Fountain at the Dolphin resort that serves the "Fountain Funnel"described as: Pick your seven flavors of Ice Cream, three Sauces and three Toppings to create your own funnel-shaped masterpiece topped with Whipped Cream and a Cherry

Ghiradelli is a good option. Or Ample Hills on the Boardwalk is another good option.

Hi! I'm taking my 7 y/o to Disney World in August. Was hoping to get the Mickey sink sundae at Beaches and Cream but I'm seeing that it will be closed while we are there.

Is there a similarly over the top, super cute, fun treat in a cool environment we could try somewhere else??? Any ideas? Thanks!
Ghirardelli has some excellent specially formulated chocolate ice cream for Disney topped with decadently fresh whipped cream. This is a good choice......

But if the 'WOW-factor' is what you're hoping for:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nd-dipped-milkshakes-wow-the-eyes-taste-buds/
You can also get a sundae in 'Mickey's Pants' at Plaza in MK:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...the-mickey-pants-sundae-in-walt-disney-world/

Last edited:
If it is not about the ice cream but about the shared experience, Pecos Bills has the secret menu nachos from 3:00 to 5:00.

Have they returned? They had disappeared just before our 2017 trip (we were sad) and thought they were gone forever.

My vote is the Fountain in the Dolphin. They have two different multi-scoop ice cream extravaganzas.

We had an Ample Hills Sundae this past week for the 1st time and OMG! It was delicious.

This is on a smaller scale than the Kitchen Sink but for 9.99, you get a Sundae with either a Brownie or a slice of Ooey Gooey Cake, 3 scoops of your choice of ice cream, hot fudge or caramel, whip cream and sprinkles. The Ooey Gooey Cake was out of this world and the ice cream was very good. It all comes in a waffle bowl.

You can also get an Ice Cream Flight with 9 scoops of ice cream.

We still talk about the time we had the Kitchen Sink to this day :) Definitely keeping an eye on this thread for other fun options :)

Have they returned? They had disappeared just before our 2017 trip (we were sad) and thought they were gone forever.

My vote is the Fountain in the Dolphin. They have two different multi-scoop ice cream extravaganzas.

Oliver

Oliver Greene had a vlog about the nachos a few months ago.

Oliver Greene had a vlog about the nachos a few months ago.

I really enjoy his vlog. I think the episode you’re thinking of was actually filmed in August 2017 (unless I missed a more recent one?) It was funny so I remembered it and just searched for the date. YouTube often recommends “older” videos to me. And, per Disney Food Blog, the secret nachos were taken off the menu as of September 30, 2017. I don’t think they’re back, unfortunately. It’s too bad - was a really cute and creative idea.

I just answered a similar question on another thread, I’d suggest the Baked Alaska (serves at least 4 - it’s huge) at Boathouse.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter