Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
i-8shcZMr-S.gif

i-fg3cndP-S.jpg

Yes, we`re back again and ready for another build up to hopefully our first trip of 3 this year to beautiful Orlando.

I say hopefully as, although we seem to be over the worst of the pandemic here, no one can really guarantee anything with travel anymore. But, after almost 2 years I`m more than ready to get back into a routine. It`s hard to imagine it was 2 years ago right now we were beginning to realise that our May 2020 Trip might not happen. The rest of course is history and the world seemed to go to hell in a handcart.......yes, it was a long 2 years and we were completely over the moon to be able to get back this past November/December for what was a very much awaited for trip.

But, now we are looking forward to May 2022, and our first trip of the year.

So, here we go again.........and I do hope you enjoy this one too :flower3:

For anyone who don`t already know us and there will be many I`m sure.......we are Carole 'n' Tom......a joined at the hip couple who just love travelling to Orlando for our vacations. Our first trip there was in 2007 and we were instantly hooked on everything Orlando from the parks to the heat and sunshine.

One from 2007.....and it really does seem a lifetime ago now looking back.

i-8v75NCq-M.jpg

A one and done trip it was never going to be and we haven`t missed a year since and managed several trips a year in the last 5 years since Tom took early retirement. So, we really do have a love for Florida and everything it has to offer.........

In case you don`t know us, this is us in November last year, we didn`t get too many pictures of just the two of us, but we did like this one taken in the Club Lounge at RP.

i-dWj7xPJ-X2.jpg

This year in September we`ll be celebrating 30 years of blissful marriage, and at the risk of sounding corny beyond belief, it has been blissful and we look forward to celebrating then with a month in Orlando. We did think maybe we should do something different, go somewhere new.....but we were drawn to stick with where we love. But, that`s for another Trip Report.

We have one son, Kyle who is quite honestly the best son anyone could hope for. And he loves the fact we still spend all our time together and our vacations are such a joy......we are so incredibly proud of him and relish the times he will possibly join us in the future. One of our couple friends are in Orlando right now with their adult son who decided to go back with his parents for one more trip before he gets married and they are having the best time together. I think he is enjoying being spoiled before grandkids come along for his parents. But, Kyle has his own situation now and his own vacations which is lovely.

And yes, he is still the biggest fan of chocolate cake.........

i-VkCmDQ2-X2.jpg

To get back to this trip, we knew when we wanted to travel roughly, we love travelling in May, and finally rebooked these flights last June, when the May 2022 flights were released. These were again flights that had been deferred from the year before due to them being cancelled due to no travel being allowed. Virgin made it very easy for us to do this online as they had issued what was really a credit note for the previous flights and all we had to do was add the difference in the new flights and of course we knew they were never going to be cheaper!! But, it is what is it and we just smiled and paid up, and actually it could have been worse.

We also had the offer of taking a full refund from all the cancelled flights, but we opted to keep the money with VA and hoped they wouldn`t go bankrupt, we didn`t really think they would to be honest, but many did and of course you do what suits your own circumstance best.

i-4h4r8mv-L.jpg

We do love flying Virgin, while we do have other options, they are our preference as we like to fly from Manchester instead of Heathrow and they do fly direct which is absolutely our preference.......I know some folks don`t mind 2 and 3 hour layovers, sometimes longer in places like JFK or Philadelphia, but for us the almost 10 hour flight is quite long enough thank you and won`t consider flying indirect.

The flight is just a means to an end of course, but we have never had a bad flight with them and for us it is part of the vacation.....well, 10 hours is a long time to be stuck in one place. Although the flight passes not too bad usually by the time we are fed a few times, watch a couple of movies and apparently now I seem to sleep for about 3 hours of the flight!!! And I miss the wonderful turbulence experienced by all accounts. Tom is always amazed I can sleep through all of it, but I seem to manage.

We do where we can, book Premium seats if they`re available and we do like certain seats, which aren`t always available, but as long as they`re Premium generally we`re good with that. They are much more spacious than regular seats and in November we were surprised just how comfy they were.....for plane seats anyway.

At the moment we have booked the front row of Premium coming out and the last row coming home which is our preference as you have no one behind you, so you can fully recline without disturbing anyone else. There is still room to recline, but most don`t fully recline on others, of course some do and it`s just your luck who you get in front of you.

i-9n46qFt-M.jpg

We fly out on May 2nd this year and as of today it is exactly 9 weeks .........is it too early to start a Pre-Trip Report.........it may very well be, but after missing the last 2 years I am so excited to be planning our trips again and some of the ladies on here know we are just bursting to get back again.......:hug:

I have the time to do it and as we aren`t having the nicest weather in the UK right now, I`m not doing much else, so I can vent some of the excitement in this pre trip as all of you understand that excitement for a trip, especially after the last few years of many of us not being able to travel at all.

As of today, the only testing we need to do is the day before we fly out.....yes, that will be incredibly nerve wracking leaving it so late. Last trip we had to test within 3 days of flying out and that was bad enough, it felt very last minute if we tested positive. But a day ahead seems almost barbaric!! I think this time as it`s the day before we`ll just do the tests at the airport that are supervised and results immediately. It was quite stressful when our computer camera wouldn`t work for a time for the supervised tests last year, so this might just be easier. Although it would suck if we were positive and had to come home from the airport same day........lol........

We are both double vaccinated and boosted, so we`ve done all we can do to be honest. Who knows what the testing requirement will be by then for entering the USA.

9 weeks is a long time in many ways, but we all know how time passes so quickly so I can yammer on about plans for our trip in that time.

There`ll be the usual habits like park times, eating out around Orlando, day trips to places like New Smyrna Beach, maybe Dunedin, certainly St Augustine which is one of our most favourite places, Mount Dora and hopefully a couple of new additions for our travels. We have an ever growing list of places we`d like to visit, but just never get around to it, we always say we`ll fit it in another time.......

But, for now....it`s a start to our Trip Report for our May visit to Orlando for 23 nights at the beautiful Sapphire Falls again.

Hope to see some familiar faces and new ones too for the ramble ahead....it`s always a pleasure to read your comments along the way.........:wave2:

i-cSZs6tw-S.gif

Last edited:

We are just 2 weeks behind you! It's kind of snuck up on me this time around. The kids wrestling has kept us so busy the time just flys. But those last 2-3 weeks will be about 5 months long lol.

:welcome: along dez1978........

Time does fly and I think I`ll be amazed at how quickly 9 weeks will pass and our trip will be here before we know it......

Hope you enjoy reading along with this one too.......nice to see you :)

:wave:
I’m in!

And a big :welcome: back to you JaxDad......

Good to see you and hope you`re all doing ok. Yep, we are looking forward to this trip, it`s long overdue and St Augustine is definitley in our plans..we can work out a time to hopefully meet up nearer the time, it `s been a long time since we last saw you. :wave2:

Squee! :dogdance:

I'm so excited to read along! Love that you started now, it gives us plenty of time to chat and think about all the fun times ahead :flower3:

Definitely nice to have this escape with all the weathering lots of us are enduring :love::cold:

There are not enough "Squees" in the world........lol.....

:welcome: along again Maria......and thank you again for your input on the title......Yo Ho did make it in there........::yes::

Yep, you know I can ramble for months about our trips, so should be plenty of time and we get to see you and Mr Worfiedoodles on this visit too :cheer2:

Always lovely to see you on here too :wave2:

Nice to see another trip report, I always read but don’t always comment.
We were over in the middle of February, so lovely to finally be able to go back. Back in July and October for our first ever HHN so will be eagerly reading.
9 weeks will fly in.

:welcome: along wmoon....glad to see you comment.

Yes, I think it will fly past, 9 weeks sounds a long time, but it is a blink of the eye and then it`s here.....

Hope you enjoy this one too.

Following along! I haven’t started my PTR yet, but it looks like we’re also going in May this year again.

:welcome: back Raeven!!!!!

Where have you been hiding......you were missed ::yes::

And so glad to hear you are going in May too........wooohoooo!!! I wasn`t sure when you were going to be visiting again........happy to hear you have a PTR coming too, I will look forward to reading that one!!!

So good to see you........:wave2:

I am looking forward to your trip report! I've never commented before, but I've been reading since 2019. I love your trip reports with all their beautiful photographs. We had our first trip planned for June 2020, but that didn't happen! We now have our first trip planned for June 2022.

:welcome: back Raeven!!!!!

Where have you been hiding......you were missed ::yes::

And so glad to hear you are going in May too........wooohoooo!!! I wasn`t sure when you were going to be visiting again........happy to hear you have a PTR coming too, I will look forward to reading that one!!!

So good to see you........:wave2:

Haha I’ve been taking a little break since I finished my last TR, but I read your TR from your last trip!

A week or two ago we decided which week we’d be going so I planned to start my PTR soon.

I am looking forward to your trip report! I've never commented before, but I've been reading since 2019. I love your trip reports with all their beautiful photographs. We had our first trip planned for June 2020, but that didn't happen! We now have our first trip planned for June 2022.

Well a warm :welcome: to you TotallyTink.......I`m so glad you did post and it`s lovely to hear you enjoyed previous reports.......and I`ll pass your comments on to Tom who does take the majority of our pictures.....bless him, he has the patience of a Saint!!

And you have a trip planned for June!! Excellent, and a first trip for Universal?? Yes, 2020/21 really knocked a whole lot of people`s plans, but looking good now....

Look forward to your comments along the way and hope you like this one too :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter