Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

All caught up again!

If it weren't for you I wouldn't know where to look! Never knew there was a dementor like figure atop one of those stores.

I want to say thank you for being kind to that trans woman. I don't want to get political on here, but I hate to hear that these things happen. Let people live their lives! From the way you described she did nothing horrible and was very polite. I just wish others could understand that.

That drawing of you at Lake Eola was also very well done!

Hope Kyle is loving his new job!

It`s on the stall you buy the gilly water from. They have several figures around the top, but that one is the best.

Yes, I`m very much a live and let live person....the man was unreasonable in my opinion as she wasn`t being provocative in any way, sad to see someone being so horrible to another human being in such a way.

You know it was, I really liked it and wished Tom had given our email for the finished picture.

Thank you, Kyle is loving this new position with this firm. He has settled in incredibly well and it was the best move he has made. I think he`ll be there for a very long time :)

What wonderful installments! Thank goodness the good outweighed the not so great.

I agree the photo of you in the white floral dress is stunning! It really flatters you 🥰 Tom looks quite handsome as well ☺️

Lake Eola looks quite nice for a sinkhole 😉 That intolerant man just showed his ignorance.

Sorry to hear the Islands wok experience was a dud. I know you don’t like to complain, but I’m glad you did. They need to know people are not satisfied with the offerings.

I love the drawing of you! That artist is definitely a good one 😊

I am enjoying the high quality photography— you bring everything to life! 😍

What wonderful installments! Thank goodness the good outweighed the not so great.

I agree the photo of you in the white floral dress is stunning! It really flatters you 🥰 Tom looks quite handsome as well ☺️

Lake Eola looks quite nice for a sinkhole 😉 That intolerant man just showed his ignorance.

Sorry to hear the Islands wok experience was a dud. I know you don’t like to complain, but I’m glad you did. They need to know people are not satisfied with the offerings.

I love the drawing of you! That artist is definitely a good one 😊

I am enjoying the high quality photography— you bring everything to life! 😍

Thanks so much Maria......yes, we had very few moments that weren`t perfect, but they dissipated into nothing in the end.

I`ll tell him you said that......lol.....I think he is!! Thank you.....

It is a beautiful park, but knowing it`s a sinkhole did give me pause for sure.....but it`s Florida! Yes, the man did look like he was intolerant of many folks judging by the tee-shirt he was wearing. I`d forgotten about that till Tom reminded me.

The likeness was quite uncanny. I was so impressed by someone who can just draw.....I can barely draw a squiggly line!!

We said this trip, we had more meals that weren`t right than we`ve ever had. Nothing major, just not as good as they should be which tells us things aren`t quite back to normal yet in hospitality. But, we had many lovely meals and good service too, so positivity wins this time again......:)

I`m so glad you`re enjoying the report and the pictures and glad you`re all caught up again.......:wave2:

We wandered round and planned to have a quick cocktail in Chez Alcatraz again.....but it was so busy we didn`t bother.

One of my favourite things in the park is the Fisherman statue that now sits behind Lombards Restaurant. Based on a real statue named Man at the Wheel in Massachusetts, this guy used to reside in Amity when the Jaws ride was in Universal. I was glad to see he had been repurposed again as he was missing for the longest time.

i-MFZGsgQ-X2.jpg

It was blazing hot now.......and although it was a little early for lunch, well, it was midday, we headed in to Lombards where we hoped lunch would be good.

i-h2tJxd7-X2.jpg

i-gbLDVHg-X2.jpg

i-DwPRcgQ-X2.jpg

Now, don`t laugh.......we thought we`d use the online booking to reserve a table about an hour ago, and was surprised to see we could get anytime we wanted......anytime!! So much for bookings being essential everywhere now.......not that we found on this trip....

Glad we booked....... :laughing:

i-dkHkzFq-X2.jpg

We had a lovely waiter who we knew had worked here for the longest time, but we had never have him look after us before, he did say he recognised us, but of course I`m sure they say that to a lot of folks.

First up today was a cocktail......

Tom ordered the Lombards Margarita and I went for the Fish House Punch, which I have to say the name didn`t thrill me.....but it tasted delicious. Very fruity and strong.

Tom did enjoy his margarita too.

i-FVmTjPg-X2.jpg

What the heck is going on with my hair here???

i-GJ4pR47-X2.jpg

We took our time ordering our food today and enjoyed the cool A/C and it was nice as it was so quiet for a change. It did get busier though as we ate.

Tom opted for the burger with fries and asked for it medium, I think it was more well done, but he said it was delicious and not dry as he thought it would be. And it was tasty.

i-gWWz4kf-X2.jpg

I knew what I was having, I had decided to go with two appetisers of Tuna Poke and the Shrimp Cocktail.

The shrimp was fresh and just the right amount and the Tuna was very nice, again as fresh as you`d expect. It wasn`t the best Tuna Poke I`d ever eaten, but I think I`m being unfair as I`m comparing it to far more expensive places, I would get it again though.

i-9Wv2zjR-X2.jpg

i-FN8nt3t-X2.jpg

We had a second cocktail, both of us having the same one again, always a good endorsement of the quality of the drink......imo of course......lol......

Then we headed out back into the blazing heat and finally......we saw crowds.

The park was now as busy as we had seen it in a while.

i-VWWw9hm-X2.jpg

It was time for us to leave with the crowds and the heat so we headed out and we were in time to see Beat Builders for the first time in a while. They are a genuine high energy group who do put on a good show....I wouldn`t work my day around seeing them, but if you can catch them, it`s a fun little show.

i-6j385jr-X2.jpg

We walked as the boats seemed to have been slow today, so we cut through RP as it`s much cooler doing it that way and were home in no time at all.

Immediately we put on the ipad and Skyped Kyle as we were so keen to hear how his day went.

He answered straight away as he knew roughly when we`d be skyping and he had the biggest grin on him face as soon as he appeared on the screen.......this was going to be all good!!

And it was, he said he felt at home straight away and we know most of them that work there, so we knew he`d enjoy working with them as they are lovely folks. It was fabulous listening to him talk about his day, although a lot of it was compliance stuff he had to complete and the usual getting logged into the system stuff....but he was already at home there.

We chatted longer about this that and everything in between before saying we`d chat soon. We were so happy though it had been the success we knew it would be.

We spent some time organising our many purchases, we would have to start thinking about where everything was going to fit, and we were so thankful we had that extra suitcase.

I think I dropped off for an hour, then we got freshened up and headed over to the lounge where we had such a fun time. Our little Lindsey was back from her few days off so we had a lot to catch up on, but the crew that were on tonight were just fabulous and as it was fairly quiet we could chat quite a bit as they weren`t too busy.

We enjoyed several glasses of red wine and so did Tom as he wasn`t driving tonight, eventually we decided to eat in Vivo tonight, one of Tom`s favourite places.

Club staff had asked if we wanted a reservation, but we like to sit at the bar in here.....much nicer than a table and the bar staff are fabulous here.

The line for a table was long and we walked straight in walking past the line and managed to get two seats at the side, the bar was busy again tonight. You can also sit at the other bar where they cook the food right at the back of the restaurant, but we had never done that before.

This is a nice restaurant, it`s busy but service is always excellent and meals are always good. I`ve said before, Italian is not my first choice for cuisine....pizza and lasagne aside, I don`t really eat pasta so the fact they have plenty of alternative dishes to choose from makes it a place I`m happy to visit.

i-2CFRsbW-X2.jpg

Bread service is decent. The bread is a little too hard for me, but I can pick away at it and the oil is very nice too.

i-Wk6m8tj-X2.jpg

We ordered a bottle of malbec and took our time ordering food tonight again. And you`re never pressured to rush at the bar which we like.

Tom had wanted to try the pizza for a while, so tonight that`s his choice and pepperoni with beef was the one he opted for.

i-J5tRCC8-X2.jpg

My favourite dish in here is Chicken Picatta and the lemon sauce is always just perfect for me. I love how tender the chicken is here and although I`d prefer it not so heavily breaded, it is lovely.

Except........:rolleyes:

Yep, tonight my meal was simultaneously overcooked and cold.

I thought the top piece was slightly burnt looking, but thought I`d leave that one. But, when I cut into the chicken it was rubbery and tough, and yes, cold.

We called over Tommy who was mortified it wasn`t right and said they`d get another one out immediately. And we didn`t wait to long and the replacement dish was just about perfect and I got more sauce!!! I do like that lemon sauce, and Tom doesn`t.....so I don`t need to share......lol....

i-VsfBJCT-X2.jpg

Tommy again apologised but I told him I knew it was a one off as we knew food was always so good here.

It had been a nice evening and we had some nice folks around us who were chatty which we always like. But, we were yawning our heads off so after we paid, we headed down for the boat and managed to catch the Sapphire boat just in time.

We did plan an early night tonight, we had thought of going to M`ville for one drink or Strong Water, but really we just wanted to sleep.

Once back into the room we noticed immediately a box placed on the dining room table and we were intruiged to see a bottle of wine with a card attached.......

It was from the lady who is the Housekeeping manager over at Royal Pacific. She is the nicest lady and we have known her for many years and we always chat when we see her. It was so thoughtful of her to send us a gift with such a lovely message inside.

There are some very lovely and very thoughtful people around.

We did watch some tv before bed, and around 10.45 the internal room eergency alert system sounded informing us there had been an alarm activated and they were investigating, stay close to the alarm for further updates. This went on constantly for about 30 minutes. Finally they announced it was a false alarm. I would hate for that to go off during the night....would scare the wits out of you!!!

I was so conscious of only having 2 more nights to sleep here, it was bittersweet as always. We didn`t want to leave, but wanted to get back home to see Kyle.

Tomorrow....more park time......

i-hD3mvMM-X2.jpg

Happy to hear Kyle is loving the new job!

I shall have to remember Lombards as that seems like a place my whole family would enjoy (my one aunt is very picky-though also oddly likes some things the rest of us don't like-and my grandmother is getting older and eats like a bird so we tend to split something with her).

Happy to know the alarm system works good but that is crazy!

Happy to hear Kyle is loving the new job!

I shall have to remember Lombards as that seems like a place my whole family would enjoy (my one aunt is very picky-though also oddly likes some things the rest of us don't like-and my grandmother is getting older and eats like a bird so we tend to split something with her).

Happy to know the alarm system works good but that is crazy!

He really is thank you.....Financial things are a real passion of his, since he was young it was very obvious he would end up being a Financial Advisor or similar. So he is in the right place for sure.

Lombards is a nice place that has a good menu for those that don`t like seafood, we really enjoyed that meal today.

Yes, good to know it works, but holy moly it went on a while......lol......

All caught up again!

It's great about Kyle's job. No one needs to work in a toxic environment.

We didn't get to do the Borne Spectacular...and I know we would have really liked it. Oh well, just another tick for me to mention at dh about a return trip ;)

We took a picture if front of the globe, and Bruce and a few other areas in JP. Dh didn't like Diagon Alley. It was stupid crazy and super crowded by the time we got there. We were in and out. Plus we won't wait to ride the Gringott's ride. Nope nadda :scared: It was ok...but nothing to write home about. We much preferred Hogsmead. We definitely spent more time in there.

That sketch was lovely! I am not talented in the art/drawing department. I admire those who are.

But, we finally opted to do the Wok Experience which is in Islands restaurant opposite Jake`s. It`s now running Friday`s and Saturday`s only and we had always enjoyed it whenever we had done it.
It really is disappointing when you have a poor experience in a place that used to provide a superior experience.
What the heck is going on with my hair here???
:rotfl: I did giggle a little. I have a picture of me like that from our Disney day! I was glad to sit down in air conditioning and have a bite to eat!
I must say, that white flower dress at the entrance of the hotel.... you look marvelous ::yes::

It's sad your report is slowly wrapping up...but your getting closer to your fall trip :flower1:

All caught up again!

It's great about Kyle's job. No one needs to work in a toxic environment.

We didn't get to do the Borne Spectacular...and I know we would have really liked it. Oh well, just another tick for me to mention at dh about a return trip ;)

We took a picture if front of the globe, and Bruce and a few other areas in JP. Dh didn't like Diagon Alley. It was stupid crazy and super crowded by the time we got there. We were in and out. Plus we won't wait to ride the Gringott's ride. Nope nadda :scared: It was ok...but nothing to write home about. We much preferred Hogsmead. We definitely spent more time in there.

That sketch was lovely! I am not talented in the art/drawing department. I admire those who are.

It really is disappointing when you have a poor experience in a place that used to provide a superior experience.

:rotfl: I did giggle a little. I have a picture of me like that from our Disney day! I was glad to sit down in air conditioning and have a bite to eat!
I must say, that white flower dress at the entrance of the hotel.... you look marvelous ::yes::

It's sad your report is slowly wrapping up...but your getting closer to your fall trip :flower1:

Maybe I misinterpreted his previous company. He liked the folks he worked with, but since Covid, things changed business wise and promotions were thin on the ground. But this is a much better job overall and he`s much happier.

Your return trip will be filled for sure!! We did like the Stuntacular, it did impress us and yes, we wouldn`t wait for Gringotts if we didn`t have EP, it`s good, but not great.

Yes, I did like the drawing, I wonder if he`s there every week.....he did say he tried to do it without anyone noticing.

We did have a few more poorer experiences with food this trip, but most were excellent, we hate cold food and that was disappointing as well as not being able to eat together which is part of the fun for us.

Thanks....I do like that dress! And yes, I have some whoppers of pictures with the hair all over the place.......you have to laugh!

It is only about 6 weeks now.......new TR will be starting soon....... ::yes::

Glad you`re caught up......

All caught up! That sketch of you was amazing.

We are finally planning to have a meal at Lombard's on our upcoming trip. Those drinks looked really good! The piccata at Vivo is my fave. So happy to hear that Kyle was loving his new position!!

I am so enjoying your trip!!

I love it when they spoil you at UOR! You are so generous and thoughtful, it’s nice when others think of you as well 🥰

Sorry about the first round of food from Vivo, so glad they made it right with a better version 👨🏼‍🍳

Looks like the humidity was rough for your lunch at Lombards 😳 The food looks delicious, your hair was just excited to experience some air conditioning ☺️

It’s hard when you want to be in 2 places at once — there for Kyle and your vacation. You did a good job bridging with the Skype. I’m so glad he has landed in a wonderful new position which makes him so happy! You really can’t put a price on that 💜

All caught up! That sketch of you was amazing.

We are finally planning to have a meal at Lombard's on our upcoming trip. Those drinks looked really good! The piccata at Vivo is my fave. So happy to hear that Kyle was loving his new position!!

I am so enjoying your trip!!

It was uncanny how with just a brief sketch we could see it was me in an instant, I think he must be very talented.

Oh I hope you like Lombards. We have always enjoyed the food there and it is a nice restaurant to sit in, feels much nicer than the usual theme park places. And yes the piccata is so nice there!!

Thank you, we`re thrilled for him......and I`m so glad you are enjoying the TR..... :wave2:

I love it when they spoil you at UOR! You are so generous and thoughtful, it’s nice when others think of you as well 🥰

Sorry about the first round of food from Vivo, so glad they made it right with a better version 👨🏼‍🍳

Looks like the humidity was rough for your lunch at Lombards 😳 The food looks delicious, your hair was just excited to experience some air conditioning ☺️

It’s hard when you want to be in 2 places at once — there for Kyle and your vacation. You did a good job bridging with the Skype. I’m so glad he has landed in a wonderful new position which makes him so happy! You really can’t put a price on that 💜

I agree, there are some very thoughtful folks out there, to know they just take a few moments to do something like that for us is so appreciated.

lol......the humidity certainly played a part there, it was blazing hot!! There were a few occasions where the food was certainly cooler than it should have been, but overall we can`t complain about the food.

Skype has been a godsend on our trips away!! And you`re right, you can`t put a price on our kids, however old, being happy and content in a wonderful job. His last job was good, but this one is more direct Financial Advisor focussed. He definitely gets his math brain from his dad, not from me....... ::yes::

TUESDAY MAY 24TH

i-3d9DxGQ-S.gif

Cannot believe this is our last full day in Orlando...where did all those nights go?

It`s always a little bittersweet when the trip is almost ever. We do want to now try and capture every second, more than we usually do but it`s always in the back of our minds that we leave tomorrow. So, although I was up very early this morning, more than usual, we really took our time today and didn`t rush anything.

Except to get over for breakfast! I had some champagne to sip and today we weren`t going offsite at all, it was all Universal and hotel time.

And we did enjoy several glasses of champagne......🥂

cv3%20%282%29-S.jpg

This morning we sat and laughed constantly. We knew Lindsey wasn`t there as we were meeting her later tonight but Raphael and Alex were working this morning and they are both fabulous!! And we were well topped up with some sparkly this morning too.....I think I may even have been a little squiffy on leaving the lounge :crazy: (not really) but it was fun. The atmosphere in the lounge is very convivial and relaxed as it should be and the TM`s do make that most of the time.

We may have sat longer than planned this morning and we stayed after most folks had left, but we wanted to say goodbye to both of them in private, which we did and we looked forward to seeing them again soon. It`s funny how you get attached to folks so quickly at times and we were so fond of these guys, all of them.

The lovely Raphael.....

i-NXMsnsc-X2.jpg

It was time to go, we said we would pop over tonight as two of the girls wanted to say goodbye to us, we should manage that ok, but for now it was time to go do some park stuff for the last time this trip!

The view from the elevator window over the pool, parks and Sapphire is just beautiful on a day like today.

i-nqTxRW9-X2.jpg

The pool at Royal Pacific is our favourite out of all the hotels. For us, it`s never been overly busy, we`ve always managed to get a lounger and it`s a nice depth for me as a non swimmer, but not too shallow like Hard Rock pool. There are events going on around the pool most of the time but it`s never been overly boisterous which we like, so it fits us perfectly.

This hotel fits us nicely I have to say. It just felt so right for us the first time we walked in the doors and it`s felt like that ever since, and although Sapphire is also perfect, Royal just edges it for us I think..... :worship:I think.......lol......

i-tfZSxJN-X2.jpg

i-WTFxSff-X2.jpg

Although Royal doesn`t have a slide, it does have a splash are for kids with water jets and it`s incredibly popular with families.

i-kFNghxj-X2.jpg

On the walk to the parks from Royal you do get a lovely view of Sapphire and the pathway is mostly covered all the way to Margaritaville for the security check and is a beautiful walk to get to and from the parks, and mostly in shade which is nice.

i-8wW2pb8-X2.jpg

i-cDnrp4h-X2.jpg

i-ms2xmRk-X2.jpg

This is the icon of IOA......the famous lighthouse which you can see for miles at night when it is lit up and it is so associated with this area of the parks.

i-kxjw9Qx-X2.jpg

Even though we are later than planned, much later, but we don`t mind, the lines are rather long to get in the gates, and we are very glad to be able to take advantage of the AP holder entrance to the left of the lighthouse and we are delighted to see there is no one there.

i-FWcKxPr-X2.jpg

Even on the outside of POE, the attention to detail down to the most miniscule of detail is completely stunning and fits in exactly with the themeing of the whole area. We adore this area and never get bored of picking out the minutest of detail of which there are many.

i-LL3CnLX-X2.jpg

This is so much better than trying to wrangle your way through seemingly neverending lines at the gates.

There are a party of four who pass and that`s about it for crowds for us this morning. The ladies and gents are always so nice and mostly thank you for being AP holders as we go through the gates.

i-ZJWDt4z-X2.jpg

We headed over to Guest Services as we wanted to leave positive feedback for two TM`s we encountered yesterday and forgot to drop in on the way out.

This has to be the most stunning Guest Services entrance ever......I do really want to stay in this Open Arms Hotel......appeals to me anyway!!!

i-VV9dbVK-X2.jpg

The First Aid stations round the park are all well stocked with almost anything you might need for a minor catastrophe, or a simple blister! They welcome you if you even just need a break from the heat if it`s too much some days. I`ve only been in the one near Louie`s pizza when I needed a band aid, I cut my hand opening a plastic bottle......yep, so easy done apparently.....and it was way back and I asked for a plaster.....we call them that in the UK, the woman smiled and said no you want a band aid.....lol....Band Aid were the group with one of the best charity sounds ever to me......lol......but from then on, I used the word band aid.

i-btnPqXH-X2.jpg

The lady took her time and made sure she had all the details of the TM`s we were praising to make sure they had all the information and the correct departments would be informed and that made sure the TM`s got the recognition for positive guest feedback. Didn`t take too long though.

i-sBVP96z-X2.jpg

Love this sign......and it always does feel like the adventure begins every time we set foot in the parks!

i-JjzmLj2-X2.jpg

More to come...:love:

Oh no!! I hate that your trip is coming to an end.

I can vouch for Universal first aid services! My DS, DD and I were in the Starbucks at IOA and I was buying a "you are here" mug - I love those. Anyway, it slipped out of my hands and in the process of hitting the floor sliced open DS's ankle. I swear it all happened in slow motion and before we could even tell what happened the blood was pouring out of DS's foot. First Aid was there immediately and patched him up. I could not believe how bad it was but they had him all good in no time.

Oh no!! I hate that your trip is coming to an end.

I can vouch for Universal first aid services! My DS, DD and I were in the Starbucks at IOA and I was buying a "you are here" mug - I love those. Anyway, it slipped out of my hands and in the process of hitting the floor sliced open DS's ankle. I swear it all happened in slow motion and before we could even tell what happened the blood was pouring out of DS's foot. First Aid was there immediately and patched him up. I could not believe how bad it was but they had him all good in no time.

Few more posts to go yet........

Oh my, what a thing to see happen and know you can`t stop it!! That slow motion is horrible......glad they managed to sort him out. Hope he wasn`t too shocked by all the blood.

lol.....one of my friends collects those mugs wherever she can......not sure how many she has now.

In case folks don`t know you can see first aiders wandering the parks day to day, if you ever need some help away from the first aid stations these are the guys that will usually get to you first.

Or if you see them, they`re happy to hear any concerns you may have.

Sometimes they double team, othertimes you see a single person wandering around.

i-tRXShkQ-X2.jpg

Few more posts to go yet........

Oh my, what a thing to see happen and know you can`t stop it!! That slow motion is horrible......glad they managed to sort him out. Hope he wasn`t too shocked by all the blood.

lol.....one of my friends collects those mugs wherever she can......not sure how many she has now.

In case folks don`t know you can see first aiders wandering the parks day to day, if you ever need some help away from the first aid stations these are the guys that will usually get to you first.

Or if you see them, they`re happy to hear any concerns you may have.

Sometimes they double team, othertimes you see a single person wandering around.

i-tRXShkQ-X2.jpg
He was good about it - the rest of the customers at Starbucks didn't miss a beat!!! No one even reacted, just kept ordering their drinks! ROFL

He was good about it - the rest of the customers at Starbucks didn't miss a beat!!! No one even reacted, just kept ordering their drinks! ROFL

Oh bless him......kids are so resilient!

And no one reacted at all!!! Crikey at the very least you`d offer some kind of help, especially with it being a child!

Although talking of folks carrying on as normal, you reminded me many years ago where we used to live, Tom and I were in a store and an elderly lady slipped on a grape that had been dropped on the floor, fell on her knee completely shattering it (horrible sight)

It was right in front of us, so we went over and covered her with my jacket while Tom went to get someone to call an ambulance. While I was half holding this lady as she was in complete agony, two folks leaned over me to get to the packs of tomatoes one after the other!!! I was stunned at first, but then yelled at the second guy.....he asked what the big deal was, so I pulled the jacket slightly to show him the ladies shattered knee with bone that had burst through the skin.....thought he was going to pass out!!

Completely oblivious!!

It is bittersweet nearing the end, Thank Goodness you have another one coming up soon!

Band-aid is a brand name we use generically to mean a type of item -- I looked this up it's called a proprietary eponym :flower3: We would say band-aid for a bandage, Kleenex for a tissue, Chapstick for lip balm...I'm sure you have some in the UK, too :D

I do love that walk from RPR to CityWalk. It's so peaceful now we aren't jumping out of the way of the bike cabs...but of course I'd welcome them back, too.

I'm so glad you had a proper goodbye with the lounge staff. You are like family! And of course you really can't start the day with too much bubbly! I've decided this year for the holidays we will have pineapple mimosas as I've discovered I'm fond of them. I might be talked into trying some new juices as well. Mimosas are always appropriate :love:

I hope you are surviving the heat. I never watch our news but caught a minute yesterday and they were covering the heat wave you are enduing. You must be secretly pleased as punch! 🎉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter