Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

I'm here and excited to read along!
Loved your last report and can't wait to hear all your plans for this one. We love flying VA too-those premium seats are so nice and totally agree with you on the direct flight. 9 hours is long enough but as you say, the meals/snacks/movies and snoozes help pass the time.
And now it's only 8 weeks and 6 days until you go!

I'm here and excited to read along!
Loved your last report and can't wait to hear all your plans for this one. We love flying VA too-those premium seats are so nice and totally agree with you on the direct flight. 9 hours is long enough but as you say, the meals/snacks/movies and snoozes help pass the time.
And now it's only 8 weeks and 6 days until you go!

:welcome: back luvpoohandcompany........

I`m so glad you enjoyed the last one, hope you enjoy this one too.

Yes, VA would always be our first choice for flights, we have flown in BA equivalent of Premium and it was quite the disappointment, wouldn`t rush to fly with them long haul again. I think the flight passes not too bad, but we love flying, so maybe for some it`s not enjoyable.

Oh thank you for the countdown.......lol.......

23 days - what a nice long vacation! I'm not sure if we could manage more than a week without my kids being completely fried and overstimulated, but it sounds fun!

:welcome: ofcabbagesandkings........

Coming from the UK shorter trips don`t really appeal as they pass far too quickly. Our original 14 night trips the first two years we visited America didn`t last long and we kept extending every year.......but I can see if you have young kids it might not be as easy to do.

We do love our longer trips, but we do a lot offsite and not just the parks which adds to the variety.....

Hope you enjoy reading and commenting on this one too, it`s good to see you here.....:wave2:

Goodness, you surely deserve a nice, long trip after that long haul! Although, you do appear to have mastered the jet lag/time changes.

Yep, I think we have mastered jet lag. Stay up as late as we can when we arrive in Orlando, usually only till around 10pm and going home try to sleep for 3 hours, get up....which is the hardest thing ever, start laundry, get takeout.....and again, then try to stay up till around 11pm....

First couple of years we hadn`t quite mastered it, but now.....piece of cake :thumbsup2

I can't believe i just found the new TR...

We fly out on May 2nd this year and as of today it is exactly 9 weeks .........is it too early to start a Pre-Trip Report.........it may very well be, but after missing the last 2 years I am so excited to be planning our trips again and some of the ladies on here know we are just bursting to get back again.......:hug:

Not at all!! Some people do them years in advance!! Happy to be following along!

I can't believe i just found the new TR...

Not at all!! Some people do them years in advance!! Happy to be following along!

:welcome: back Kathy.......

Glad you made it!!

That`s true I guess......I suppose 9 weeks isn`t too bad after all.

Happy to see you back on this one too.......:wave2:

cv45-S.jpg

Well, this last week has been a little of not very much. I came down with what seemed to be a 24 hour flu, but hadn`t been in contact with anyone who has had anything like it. I do blame going out for a walk in Baltic temps on Wednesday morning. What were we thinking.

To be honest, we didn`t realise just how cold it was with the wind, I was chilled to the bone and we came home after 15 minutes, too late by then. I was frozen to the core had chills, aches, headaches and shivered for hours even with hot water bottles, but finally it broke and back to normal in time for the weekend. I really am the lizard everyone says I am....I was born to live in a hot climate! But, 2 days later and I`m back to full health again.

Of course as it`s still winter like here, no one is really doing much yet. Friends are hibernating like bears so no real get togethers yet. I`m so ready for spring.

Not much has changed in planning for this trip yet.......as most of you know we plan very little anyway, but some things have to be sorted, so we have booked our overnight hotel for the night before we fly. This was much easier this time compared to our November stay.

We would again liked to have gone back to the Marriott near the airport, but, reviews are atrociously grim for that one, so we are not even considering staying there again until things improve. If it was the odd bad review, we may have taken a chance, but there`s just too many saying the same things. And they haven`t brought back the Executive lounge yet either which is a big consideration for us.

So, back again to our old favourite the Radisson. It might be over double the cost of the other one, but we know it well, it`s handy and we do like it a lot.

Despite our worries just before the last trip regarding asylum seekers, the stay was wonderful and we weren`t disturbed in any way. There were increased security officers around the hotel which was unusual, but the cleanliness and friendliness of staff were as good as ever. So, it was an easy decision to get this booked as soon as we knew the other place wasn`t going to happen.

i-3GdTzxw-X2.jpg

The Radisson is so convenient for either terminal at Manchester, you come out the main doors which are on the 3rd level and you are straight into the middle of the closed skywalk....turn left for T2 and right for T1. Both terminals are around a 5 -10 minute walk depending on your speed or the amount of luggage you are trawling behind you :rolleyes1

i-xVnwLmL-X2.jpg
(picture from Google)

I love staying here in winter when you walk through the Skywalk even in the early morning and it`s illuminated in beautiful electric blue lighting. It is stunning. This visit it`ll be light very early so we won`t see it as clear as it is in pure darkness. Downside is it`s usually freezing cold in winter, they do have heat, but it`s as useless as a chocolate fireguard, so we do have to layer then. In summer it is like a hot house.....makes you move quicker though!

i-hZqszzN-XL.jpg

We always book a room with Executive Lounge access. A bit like Club rooms, they`re no different to regular rooms, you just have access to the lounge. But, we like the rooms here, they`re a decent size and a very comfy bed. And huge beds too similar in size to the one we have at home....you can get lost in it!!

i-5cRGSJs-X2.jpg

The lounge at The Radisson is very nice and it had somewhat got back to normal for our last trip after a couple of years of covid restrictions. There were still some things missing like olives and chocolates sat out to help yourself during the day and other little snacks. They now have wrapped snacks, which isn`t a bad thing, just different.

We normally check in around midday to 1pm and it`s often so quiet then, we usually have the place to ourselves for a few hours. It used to have it`s own check in area outside the lounge doors, but due to staff shortages you just check in down on level 3. Check in is supposed to be from 3pm, but if there is a room available in the category you have booked you`ll get it.

We usually ate lunch in the Little M bar, but again due to staff shortages it hasn`t opened back up yet, so we`ll sort something else out. Then head to the lounge which we did in November and this time round, instead of having to wait till 5pm, wines and beers were available all day. This had definitely changed since our last visit in 2019. So of course we took advantage of that........well, it would be rude not to........☺

Tom found the champagne!!

i-4LQr9RZ-M.jpg

i-x4hQ7Q4-M.jpg

Yes, while on vacation alcohol is acceptable at lunchtime..........well, wait.......is it ever not acceptable.....guess not!!

However, tea and coffee are available, as are an array of soft drinks and water.

i-6shFBJW-X2.jpg

i-LdTZ8VS-X2.jpg

i-9g59GWS-X2.jpg

i-xrSr9C5-X2.jpg

IMG_9612%20%282%29-X2.jpg

i-N8pBz2K-X2.jpg

It is a very nice and relaxing way to start off a trip.

At 5pm, the staff put out appetisers and they don`t change much from one visit to another. I have to admit they`re not the highest quality, but they are fresh and replenished with frequency and I did notice people were far more considerate in regards to thinking that others would be eating too this time around.

A small selection of the offerings.....they also have cheese and proscuitto with salami and other continental meats with crackers......you can fill up nicely on them I suppose.

i-qbLrVZS-X2.jpg

i-BCxkNff-X2.jpg

i-2VsKhHb-X2.jpg

Depending on how we feel, we sometimes book a table for dinner in the Collage restaurant downstairs. We do like it and I think we`ll do that this upcoming trip as we missed last time. I think we filled up on appetisers that time :blush:

Food is very good here, although reports are again, they have a limited menu due to Covid which can seem like an easy excuse at times for so many things now......but, we`ve never been disappointed with any offerings from here and it`s a nice light and airy restaurant.

IMG_9652%20%282%29-X2.jpg

Our flight usually leaves too early in the morning to enjoy the breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant. We could come back after checking in, but we do like to get through and not head back the way!! It`s just a little too early for food for us at that time in the morning, give me a cup of tea and I`m happy.

Plus we again plan to book the lounge after security we enjoyed last visit.

The 1903 Lounge had been built in the new part of the terminal, and is advertised as child free which appeals to us now more than ever. It was lovely, and very quiet for some reason, they may still have been limiting numbers but it was a very civilised place to pass a couple of hours.

i-5XFFSqk-M.jpg

i-tGGfSBZ-X2.jpg

Everything is included in the cost.....any alcohol you can imagine is there, and it`s all help yourself, but we never saw anyone take advantage in any way. Food was also very nice and a good selection of cold and and hot food including bacon. You could order eggs any way you liked too.

i-93pTFBG-X2.jpg

i-5MMnX8D-X2.jpg

It really was too early for us to take advantage of the alcohol options on offer, and I think we were too nervous to really enjoy it for some reason......but I think I`ll try and enjoy some sparkly this time around.......bacon and champagne....it kinda goes well together.....🥓🥂 🥰

cv52-S.png

Nice to read your PTR Carole, it seems like a lot of us are heading to Orlando in May. I love that time of year in FL and yes, it will be super crowded I'm sure, but we're doing 9 nights this time and with EP, we should have plenty of opportunity to do what we want.

Nice to read your PTR Carole, it seems like a lot of us are heading to Orlando in May. I love that time of year in FL and yes, it will be super crowded I'm sure, but we're doing 9 nights this time and with EP, we should have plenty of opportunity to do what we want.

:welcome: to the latest one Aurora......yes, couldn`t wait any longer!

I think May will be busy and yes with EP and 9 nights you`ll have loads of time to do everything and then some more. Folks laugh when I say we won`t be without EP even in so called quiet times but it is worth it`s weight in gold.

You`re at Hard Rock if I remember correctly? Apologies if I`ve mixed you up with someone else.....I do that sometimes.......lol......

I don`t think there`s such a thing anymore as quiet times, but we`ll all still have an amazing time I`m sure......it`s just wonderful to be there again.......

Good to see you here though......:wave2:

You`re at Hard Rock if I remember correctly? Apologies if I`ve mixed you up with someone else.....I do that sometimes.......lol......

Yes, we'll be in our GV room at HRH. We stay onsite, Uber back and forth to MCO, so I've made a few dinner reservations at our favorite spots, can always cancel if need be. I think to save some money, we might do an Instacart delivery of water, breakfast goodies, coffee pods and snacks to have available in the room.

I came down with what seemed to be a 24 hour flu, but hadn`t been in contact with anyone who has had anything like it.

I had something weird last week too! My throat really hurt for like a day and I was convinced I was getting sick but I didn't know anyone else who had it. Then the next day I was fine.

Friends are hibernating like bears so no real get togethers yet. I`m so ready for spring.

I'm hibernating for spring too :rotfl:

Yes, while on vacation alcohol is acceptable at lunchtime..........well, wait.......is it ever not acceptable.....guess not!!

So sorry you were feeling poorly, Carole — that is no fun. Thank goodness you are back to your sunny self!

I love that your vacation starts pre-flight! Why not kick things off with a nice moment to relax and anticipate all the fun? You know how to set the stage for a wonderful trip to come 🥰

Now I have to ask, when do you feel like you are really on vacation? For me it’s leaving the driveway 🤣

Yes, we'll be in our GV room at HRH. We stay onsite, Uber back and forth to MCO, so I've made a few dinner reservations at our favorite spots, can always cancel if need be. I think to save some money, we might do an Instacart delivery of water, breakfast goodies, coffee pods and snacks to have available in the room.

I`m glad I remembered correctly. I`m never sure if we should create an Uber account or not. We always have a car, but we tend to just use the hotel transport to go anywhere as we don`t have an account with them.

Might think about that.

I had something weird last week too! My throat really hurt for like a day and I was convinced I was getting sick but I didn't know anyone else who had it. Then the next day I was fine.

I'm hibernating for spring too :rotfl:

View attachment 652071

lol...love the meme!!! Hibernating is definitely not a bad thing, especially where you live, I doubt I`d leave the house the whole of winter, ever!

Glad you`re feeling better though, could have been nasty for you.

So sorry you were feeling poorly, Carole — that is no fun. Thank goodness you are back to your sunny self!

I love that your vacation starts pre-flight! Why not kick things off with a nice moment to relax and anticipate all the fun? You know how to set the stage for a wonderful trip to come 🥰

Now I have to ask, when do you feel like you are really on vacation? For me it’s leaving the driveway 🤣

Thanks Maria.....yes, all back to normal now.

Oooh good question.......lol......yes, I agree with your thoughts.......I think as soon as our car service picks us up to drive to the airport hotel, that`s when I feel it really begins. And certainly once we are at the hotel and sipping sparkly or whatever.....yep, we`re on vacation then!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter