Fun, Mobbed, and Not Always Magical- But We Booked a Bouceback~President’s weekend Trip Report

Toolulu22

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. This is my first trip report on the boards. We arrived at MCO from NY on Saturday, 2/16 and stay until Tuesday, 2/19. So, this was a short trip, but we often will do a few days at WDW or Universal and then visit family.

When we arrived at our in-laws yesterday we found out that about 30 minutes prior to our arrival at MCO there was an ‘incident’ at the airport or should I say, yet another airport incident,as these events seem to be more and more common these days. The good news is that we had absolutely no clue that anything had occurred. Smooth sailing at MCO.

We packed a ton of clothes because we’re coming from the land of the polar vortex, and forecasts for Florida called for a range of temperatures and a chance of rain. It was hot at WDW and I am red in the places I missed with my sunblock. It didn’t rain, but there were some clouds, which were welcome. We swam!!!

I love the pool at Beach Club and am so happy we used it. We had to swipe our Magic Bands and they gave us a paper wrist band to deter pool hoppers (how times have changed).

Our first day we arrived in the afternoon and my husband had vacation brain and kept taking the wrong exit and we overpaid tolls. I swear they set them up to make money off of tourists who are unfamiliar with the roads. I wanted to take DME and rent a car from the Swan and Dolphin to save on the parking expense, but my husband can’t be without a car so....$$.

We went over to Epcot and walked around the world. Festival of Arts was really good! I hope it becomes a regular event! Or is it already? I wanted to buy so many pieces... Greg McCullough, Thomas Kincaid and so many more. They really had something for everyone. They even had Toms painted with Disney themes. I had found them on Etsy years ago and bought a pair, I’m glad to see them available in the parks now.

I finally got to ride on Frozen Ever After, and we had FP. The ride bumps and turns were just like the old Norway ride! That made me laugh, because you used to be able to jump on that ride with no line and now everyone is waiting - but there is new life in the area! Goes to show you how beloved Elsa, Anna and Olaf are.

I expected the parks to be crowded during this week because of the holiday and winter break, and they were VERY crowded. But, because of the crowds there were so many extra street performers that you don’t see during other times. The energy of the parks and the Boardwalk were so much fun. You walk a few steps and WAIT... Look... OOH...check it out! We had a great time at Epcot and the Boardwalk afterward.

We ate at Chef de France, which was delicious, but a one and done for us. The service was excellent and food good- we had the special three course prix fixe offering. My husband thought it was too much cheese, but he ordered French onion soup and Mac and Cheese, so ????? Not sure what he expected. I had the onion soup and it was really good- I make onion soup and usually no place compares, and I loved the one at France. I had the Boef Bourginon- superb. Overall, it was a little rich for us though. We tend to eat lighter fare.

We were married 3 1/2 years ago at WDW and had our dinner at Boardwalk and a Dessert Party at Epcot, so coming back was special for us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter