Fun DCL Facts

Mickey4Me

Mouseketeer
I just rec'd the Little Big Book of Disney for my b'day (fun book!) and there is a page of DCL fun facts that I thought I would share. DCL die hards probably already know all this, but...:)

On any given day aboard the Magic or Wonder -

• 500,000 gal. of fresh water are distilled from sea water
  • 280 tons of water drain from the AC system, 220 tons of which are recycled to operate laundry facilities
  • 8,260 cups of coffee are served
  • 1,850 telephones are available for phoning home
  • diesel storage tanks hold up to 20,000 gal of fuel
  • up to 1.365 megawatts of energy are used to power the ship
  • cooks scramble, beat, fry, bake and hard-boil 5,404 eggs
  • 159 quarts of frying oil sizzle on kitchen griddles
  • 30 gallons of chocolate ice cream are consumed
  • 5,390 pillows cushion sleepy sailors
Can't wait until we get to enjoy our share of those eggs and drink our share of all that coffee on our June cruise :D

At least some of those facts are shown along the wall outside the children's clubs on deck 5, I remember reading the ones about the water and the pillows.

159 quarts of frying oil sizzle on kitchen griddles

30 gallons of chocolate ice cream are consumed

Ahhhhhhh! One more reason to take the stairs!!!!!;)
:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Really! I'm starting that diet! I plan to eat my whole cruise cost in meals on board! :D

I would've thought that the vanilla would be the most popular flavor!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter