Ft. Wilderness on Christmas Day

Jenny-momof3

DIS Veteran
Originally we were going to arrive the day after Christmas. But my kids thought it would be awesome to be at Disney for actual Christmas Day. So we extended our stay, now arriving on Dec. 23. :goodvibes

I asked the kids what they wanted to do on Christmas day. Their response was have a leisurely morning opening gifts, etc. maybe go to AK for a bit in the afternoon, then spend the evening at Ft. Wilderness walking around looking at all the wonderful displays and talking to the guests there. Sounds like the perfect evening! :thumbsup2 I got an ADR at Trail's End so we can eat dinner there.

Any particualar loops we should go through? Do alot of the guests stay around their site on Christmas or will most people be in the parks? Any tips you could give are much appreciated. :goodvibes

Since your dinner is at the Trails End, you can walk to 700 Loop, and 100-300 which are decorated pretty well. There are lots of others as well, you might want to rent golf cart for a day. The parks are a mad house on Christmas day, never again for us, just too crowded. Its a nice time of the year for Disney, you will enjoy it..

I think becky1960 has the right idea. A golf cart is the best way to see decorations and get around the Fort. It would be a nice splurge for Christmas Day. You guys are going to have a GREAT time!!

See you at Christmas.
Dave

And a golf cart would give you a front row seat to watch Dave's (see above) super fantastic castle light and sound show. Of course you'll have to find him first.

Will look into getting a golf cart then...thanks for the suggestions!

dalovett~ Care to share where you'll be located? Would love to see your display! :goodvibes

If it is to late to rent a golf cart you can always walk a couple loops then take the bus up the road and walk a few more loops. A map would be helpful. Driving a cart in the heavy Christmas traffic is not easy plus the driver doesn't get to see much.

Hey Jenny. I hope to be in the 700 loop. I will post our site # a soon as we check in.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!