Frustration with Reservation CMs

firkat

Dumbo or Die!
I would like to add a night to our package in Sept/Oct, which included the Free Dining promotion. I have been told by a CM with a supervisor with her that I could add the night but I would have to go with a Poly GV room, instead of GVC, for the entire length of the stay. They said if I did not want to go with that I could hold out for adding the GVC night as soon as a package GVC room became available for the one night I want to add. They suggested I keep calling until something opens up.

So, I have done that. Except that the CMs that I get when I call plug in the one night and of course do not get the GVC option because there is a 3 night minimum for booking concierge. So, I explain that. Then they plug in all 9 nights, which of course barring some miracle is not going to find a package for my entire stay. When I try to explain that somehow I need them to look for a package GVC room just for that night and gently suggest that perhaps a customer service person could assist them . . . I get a firm, I'm sorry there are no rooms that match your description available.

How am I ever going to find the room I want? I do not think that the package room is going to be 'labeled' as a package room in the system since the promotion is over. However, the customer service person said specifically that if someone cancelled their package that included that category of room for the night I want, I could add it to my existing package.

I think I am just not able to explain it simply enough to the reservation CMs so they can find what it is I am looking for. I expect that as the 45 day window begins to close on some folks with this package for the night I want that rooms will open up. But how do I get it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

you can't add a night to the free dinning. that promotion is over. the CM who say you could was mistaken.

you can add a room only to your current reservations if one is availability.

go ask for a room only for that one night be added.

worst situation - you have to check out of one room and go to another room.

I think the computer system demands that 2 nights be done for that time period. So a normal CM might not be able to help you. Tell the CM up front that you would like to speak to her/his supervisor - explain it to them and see what they can do. I am not sure they can override the computer. but they should be able to find someone who can.

Spiceycat, thank you so much for your time in posting a reply. I have communicated with folks on Disboard who have successfully added a night to their Free Dining package in July. I have also been offered by a CM Supervisor the ability to add my extra night on the Free Dining package if I would change my entire stay to a Garden View room, rather than Garden View Conceirge. That supervisor advised that as folks cancel or do not pay for their Free Dining packages that include my room category on my requested night, I could add it to my package. She suggested I keep calling back to add it.

Problem is that the regular CMs that answer the phone do not seem to understand how to go about it. I guess I could try asking to speak to a Supervisor every time I call until a package room becomes available. Hmm.

Are you trying to add it at the beginning or the end of the trip? Last year we were at the WL and asked to add a night to our free dining package and we're very successful. Of course we were driving and had the ability to change plans on a short notice. Maybe you'll have better luck dealing with the CM's once you arrive. Another suggestion might be to speak with a travel agent that strictly deals with Disney and see if they can help you or at least call on your behalf.

Good luck.

Try to ask for Guest Services immediately, tell the CM that you need to speak to someone there. In reading the post of people adding on it appears most have done this through Guest Services.

I have never stayed concierge, not even close, so maybe this is a dumb question. But I thought one of the benefits was someone to help fufill your desires and requests. So, couldn't your assigned concierge person assist with this????

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to reply!

I am trying to add a night at the beginning of our trip, so it is not something I can wait and handle when we arrive.

I tried going through the concierge folks and since they do not work in that department, they can't help. Though they did say that they did not see why it could not be done . . .

firkat:

I understand because we went through a lot last night tring to change due to the pool being closed at All Star Movies. We went through many people. I kept getting sent around and ended up in Guest Relations Recovery. I went through four more people and Yes, 2.5 hrs later, I got someone to do what was needed. I guess I am saying is keep tring and ask for a supervisor. It is very frustrating. More so because other stated it was easy for them and only took 20 mins. Lucky them! Anyway, I feel your pain. Keep at it and just work your way up the chain. Good luck...

you can add it ifs its available
most of the free dining at deluxes is gone
which resort are you staying at??

We are staying at the Poly and I totally understand that it is based on availability.

Thank you all for your replies. I just got off the phone with Disney and they have added my extra night with the Free Dining package. Woo hoo! Now back to the planning!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last week I was able to add an extra night with free dining to our reservation and at the time we were only 30 days out from the start of our vacation. We are staying at Pop so there are a lot more rooms available than at the Poly concierge so it was really easy to get it on all three rooms we have booked. Keep trying, especially as you get closer to the 45 day mark and good luck :thumbsup2

Congratulations firkat!!!

glad it worked for you....

I have got to that free dinning some time - I didn't know you could add days to it - after it was closed....

:cheer2: :dance3: :bounce: :yay:

fircat - So glad you were able to get the extra day :cheer2: - Now you can get back to the fun stuff :earsboy:

Merci, gracias, thank you . . . Free dining and Food & Wine Festival . . . mmm . .. excited anticipation just does not seem to describe how I feel!

I truly appreciate all of the DIS friendships I have made and how folks go out of their way to share ideas and encouragement. It really is part of the Disney Magic.

pixiedust:

See, I emailed guest relations, or communications because I was so frustrated with reservation CM - and all I wanted to do was apply the $10 discount to an existing reservation!!

I think I'll get on the phone tomorrow - thanks for sharing your experiences!!

I wonder how many CMs are frustrated with guests trying to modify these free dining reservations.

firkat said:
Merci, gracias, thank you . . . Free dining and Food & Wine Festival . . . mmm . .. excited anticipation just does not seem to describe how I feel!

I truly appreciate all of the DIS friendships I have made and how folks go out of their way to share ideas and encouragement. It really is part of the Disney Magic.

pixiedust:

And then again there is always one bad apple . . . or in this case should I say, "sour grapes." :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter