Frustrated about the newly announced refurbishment at Art of Animation

"some refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. (...) While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am."
We planned on spending one of the days at the AOA, so if there is noise that would be very upsetting.

Can't be worse than the noise of kids screaming in the pools. You are really overthinking this.

Yes but usually they let you know in advance so you can do something about it.

Actually WDW, on average, informs guests 2-3 weeks before the project starts.

Yes ..... they seem to notify guests at a point when you CAN'T make changes. Smart on their part.

AND this could be anything from painting buildings to adding a monstrosity to what is now a pretty lake.

FYI, the reservations CMs are the very last to know about any refurbishments. Sometimes the project can be almost completed and they will say that there's nothing going on at the resort. That's why places like the DIS are so important to get information like this.

The construction is supposed to start May 1st and will be happening on the lake, near the Generation Gap Bridge.

Thank you for this. That is why I come to the DIS. Get the best advise and answers here. I was even transferred to Guest relations who knew nothing about it. They called the resort directly and were told that there was no scheduled rehab. It was just very frustrating with the lack of info I was able to get.

that was my biggest issue, with 3 weeks till arrival, there were no options to move resorts due to lack of availability unless I wanted to downgrade or pat an extra $1000 to upgrade.

I agree that it is frustrating to be informed of this so soon before your arrival. You have likely had the room, ADRs, FPs, etc. set for months, and they tell you this at 3 weeks prior?

However, I have been at AKL and POP during construction and didn't even notice. Hopefully, your experience will be the same.

did they say how long it will be going on? (or did I miss it) we are scheduled to be late august staying in the lion king rooms

They only know once the system updates to let them know so if it hasn't been put into the reservation center they wont know... I know this bc I was a DRC castmember

Got the same email. I happen to be staying at both AoA and the WL next visit. Only the first night at AoA and the remainder at the WL. The way I saw it... hopefully less people at the WL!

I'm checked in last night and there isn't much going on with the exception of some painting on the animal sculptures outside the Lion King suites. Other than that it all looks status quo. I don't even see any signs of anything about to happen. As I stated before I was told that things were starting on 5/1 so I'll keep my eyes open. We leave on 5/2.

For now, we're totally enjoying AofA!!!

"some refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. (...) While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am."
We planned on spending one of the days at the AOA, so if there is noise that would be very upsetting.

There will always be noise at any resort, construction or no construction. Cars, vans, trucks, people talking, people screaming and yelling, birds, boats, whatever.

I've been concerned about what the construction will be (and noise) as well because we employ daily afternoon naps for our daughter (she'll be 4 in August). We'll see how it goes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter