Frozen Mickey - worst kept "secret"

I liked the ice cream when it was Dove, I tried the Nestle one and it was not as good ice cream wise, plus I don't like chocolate, so I pick it off anyway.

I don't eat much chocolate, if I have a choice I turn it down. I wish someone could make caramel hard like the dipping chocolate, then I would eat them all. Probably a good thing there is no such thing, LOL.

I think the chocolate is the best part! The ice cream is just something for the chocolate to adhere to. :rotfl:

There are also the Mickey rice crispie treats on a stick that aren't on the menu, but I ordered them from room service a couple of times. Sometimes got chocolate covered ears, sometimes plain. I never specified which I wanted...

Wow, I didn't know about these! Ice cream is good and fine, but I LOVE the Mickey Rice Krispie treats. I had no idea you could get them through room service. Room service is going to hate me now. The next time I wake up hungry at 2:00 am I will be ordering one of these. YUM! :woohoo:

I think the chocolate is the best part! The ice cream is just something for the chocolate to adhere to. :rotfl:

see, we would be perfect cruise mates! I will peel and eat and share.

mickeybar.jpg

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

MJ

when ordering a mickey bar say you want a rat on a stick. I was on a cruise once and the server told me she used to work at Epcot and when Dad's would come up to get one she would say do you want a rat on a stick. That would put a smile on their face.

OK, so the frozen Mickey bars from room service has got to be the worst kept 'secret' of Disney cruise line. Seems like everybody knows about being able to get the frozen Mickeys from room service! We heard about it (I think I read it on-line here) before our second cruise and have gotten them ever since...and yet they are still not listed on the menu?

So why does DCL keep this a 'secret'? Is it a gift to DU? Is it to keep the Mickey bars 'special'? Or is it just a high-dollar item for DCL to buy and stock?

~Mike

Confused....how would not listing Mickey Bars on the DCL room service menu be a gift to DU?:confused3:confused3

MJ

Hmmm ... Mickey Bars from room service! :goodvibes Any chance you can get a DOLE WHIP??? :worship::worship::worship:

We've never cruised, but will be embarking on the Dream exactly one year from today! :banana: If I were to call room service and order 4 Mickey bars, what would an appropriate tip be? I know that "general tipping" is all done via a prorated system, but that additional tips for room service delivery are in order. Just wondering how much I would give the person?

TIA for your advice!

Hmmm ... Mickey Bars from room service! :goodvibes Any chance you can get a DOLE WHIP??? :worship::worship::worship:

We've never cruised, but will be embarking on the Dream exactly one year from today! :banana: If I were to call room service and order 4 Mickey bars, what would an appropriate tip be? I know that "general tipping" is all done via a prorated system, but that additional tips for room service delivery are in order. Just wondering how much I would give the person?

TIA for your advice!

Nope....no Dole Whips yet on DCL!! We usually tip $2.00 for a small order from room service...more if we order a whole meal...may $3-4.00.

MJ

How long does it take for room service to arrive?

Say I get a hankering for a Mickey Bar or the rice crispie Mickey... how long to I have to hang around in the room waiting?

I don't plan on spending all that much time in the room during the short cruise!

I have read that the first thing you should do when you get to your room is order a fruit and cheese platter from room service.

Can you imagine what would happen if everyone did that?!

I don't really count it as a secret. They are on some of the kids menus. I won't say you can have anything you want for room service, but if it is being cooked in the kitchen at that time, or available you can request it, just like requesting something from another dining room.

How long does it take for room service to arrive?

Say I get a hankering for a Mickey Bar or the rice crispie Mickey... how long to I have to hang around in the room waiting?

I don't plan on spending all that much time in the room during the short cruise!

I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes for the Mickey bars to arrive. That was the first time I have ever ordered from room service on a cruise, and all I wanted was a Mickey bar! :teeth:

We enjoy the Mickey Bars. One thing I can say, they are so much better than those pirate ice cream bars served on the EB TA in 2007 when the Mickey Bar supply ran out while in the Med. Can you imagine a 14 night cruise without Mickey Bars!! :scared1: There must have been quite a few complaints because the Mickey Bar supply was replenished at our CC stop. :goodvibes All was well on Magic. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter