Frozen Fan Fest Toronto Event Monday Nov 4

MermaidLagoonResident

Mouseketeer
Hey all, wanted to check in and see if anyone was attending the frozen fan fest event tomorrow (monday nov 4th) in Toronto? I commented on a facebook page last week from cinplex and was messaged that I won tickets to go. The tickets do not say anywhere what time doors open, just the event starts at 645pm and is first come first serve. How early would you think I'd need to be?

I got tickets through D23 and my tickets say the event starts at 5:45 so I don't know if there's a D23 special stuff before hand or if somebody's got the times wrong. I would get there early just in case.

I was gonna say "NOW" :rotfl2: All kidding aside, they "over-sell" these events and if you want to actually get in, give yourself plenty of time.
I got tickets through D23 and my tickets say the event starts at 5:45 so I don't know if there's a D23 special stuff before hand or if somebody's got the times wrong. I would get there early just in case.

I had been thinking 530 but I am able to get there earlier than that so no harm in that.

The ticket says on it " theatre is overbooked to ensure a full house. theatre is not responsible for overbooking" - its a different approach to it all.

Pxlbarrel that's interesting that we were giving different times. Here's hoping its because D23 members have some extra bonuses!

My ticket doesn't have " theatre is overbooked to ensure a full house. theatre is not responsible for overbooking" It just says to make sure I have my d23 membership and ID. Nothing about not being guaranteed a seat.

@pxlbarrel and @MermaidLagoonResident I am curious to know how it went. Did you get in?

I did! I arrived for 5pm, there was a line to redeem our vouchers for passes but it moved well. There was a second line of people beside a wall, it was closed off though, I think someone said it was people trying to rush tickets and see the cast walk by before doing the blue carpet. I had my pass within 10 minutes and then moved into a second line to go into the theatre. When I got my pass they told me to be in the theatre by 630, so I wasn't sure how long they would make us wait outside of the theatre. They ended up letting us in at 520, I got a seat about 4,5 rows from the front and pretty close to centre.

Around 6:10 they did a little count down video which then led into 30 minutes of preview/advertising things coming to Disney+.

Then they introduced Greg Mason, VP of Marketing for Walt Disney Studios Canada. He told us no filming for his presentation but when the cast came out to feel free. Greg gave us insight into making the sequel, behind the scenes, a look at the research trip they took for inspiration for this film, and then showed 2 separate clips from the film and a trailer. The clips were actually longer then I expected them to be. One clip ended on a cliffhanger and there were some younger children in the audience so he made sure to announce that Elsa would be ok, he promised.

After that they brought out Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell and Josh Gad, they were incredible! They answered questions from a host ( sorry, don't recall his name) and then took questions from the crowd. For most of the crowd questions they picked kids which was really cute. One kid asked where did Elsa's ice powers come from and everyone had a good laugh at that one.

When they wrapped up everyone did the whole rush out at once thing. I just stayed in my seat until it calmed down and actually was able to chat for a couple minutes to Greg Mason. Also when I left the theatre there was a small line of people using the blue carpet for photos so I took advantage of that as well.

All in all it was really fun and I am glad I had a chance to attend.

I took a couple video clips from the q&a and plan on putting them onto my IGTV. Hopefully I'll have it up at some point today (Tuesday Nov 5th), if you want to take a look and hear from the actors my handle on insta is ---- @sarah__westlake :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter