Frontier airlines ?s

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
Looking at a amazing deal in aug or sept for dates that work for us from minneapolis to Anaheim on frontier. Flight there has 41 min layover in Denver and back has an hour and 58 min layover. Looking around on the web I see many negative comments about frontier. On here the few I found only say good things. Anyone want to help me out with some good, bad or ugly about frontier??? This may be our cheapest way to get to California and Disneyland in the next few years!

We took that same route in March 2010 from MSP out to anaheim through denver on fronteir. Unfortunatly it was the single worst flying expereince I have EVER had, bad enough that I would seriously never ever fly them again, even if it was cheaper.

We didnt have any major issues flying out except for every flight was late. On the way home, there was some weather in denver. Our flight out of CA was delayed because of this and we were told not to worry,everything was also delayed going out so we were fine. Well we finally got to denver and our flight to MSP appeared to have been the only one that left on time. There were a ton of travelers on our flight that were going to MSP, I am surprised they didnt hold it, we just missed it. We went to the counter and were told there were no flight out not totally booked until Tues (this was a FRI) and even then there were few seats, it could be a week or more. Seriously? A week or more to get home? I understand they cant do anything about weather but we couldnt believe they didnt try any harder to help all of us stranded. And there were a lot of us!

We had three young children at the time, 2, 5 and 8. We were expected to stay at the airport from open to close on the standby list or we would get pushed back to the end. A lot of people slept at the airport but with the kids we didnt feel we could. So we went to a hotel for a whole four hours, only to have to come back at 5am the next morning. We had no luggage, my husband had to take a taxi to get more diapers! We were very very fortunate to get out on a morning flight. Initially it looked like it was going to be just me and the kids, then my husband got on last minute. The woman at the gate was the meanest and rudest person I have ever met. When she called us up she said she needed a decision now, and I no more than turned around to my husband to see if he was ok with the kids and I going and she was screaming at me to either get on the plane or she would give our seats to someone else. It was awful. Then when my husband got on, she threw the tickets at him.

Again, I understand bad weather, but honestly, a little care and concern and just even someone saying they were sorry this was happening would have gone a long way, but to be screamed at? They truly seemed to care less we might be stuck there for days. It would have been hard enough as two adults but with kids it was a very trying time and put a real damper on the end to our vacation!

By the way, I just noticed your siggy, our youngest daughter is a Tessa too, Tessa Grace! Love the name so much!:love:

Oh shoot....that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for sharing your story. This is why I posted!

Oh shoot....that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for sharing your story. This is why I posted!

I have been very happy with Frontier. My last flight was last month MSP-DEN-PHX. The flight was delayed due to weather in Houston (the plane was going from Houston to Denver then to MSP). Weather can happen anywhere. We had a 1 hour 44 minute layover that turned into a sprint to the next gate. We made it, but it was close.

I will give a thumbs up to the Frontier FA's who made announcements asking people who were not connecting to relax and let the connectors get off first. It still did amaze me the idiots that refused to wait, even though DEN was their final destination.

The issues we encountered could happen with ANY airline and I would gladly fly Frontier again. Due to the late flight out of MSP, the directTV was free for everyone on the MSP-DEN leg.

Duds

We have flown from MSP to SNA several times in the last few years with the Denver stopover. Also have gone from Milwaukee. We had such good luck that we got a Frontier credit card for the miles. Our only problem has been high price of fares recently. I can't believe that Delta kept beating them on price! We have no problem with the short layover in Denver. Easy to make the next gate. Seemed to be timely except in a big snowstorm when every flight was delayed but no problem getting to Disneyland.

Again...another point to consider. Thanks! I guess I just really want to make this trip work because airfare is so expensive otherwise.

Again...another point to consider. Thanks! I guess I just really want to make this trip work because airfare is so expensive otherwise.

Just drive from Elk River! Just kidding.... I would not hesitate to book it.

Duds

SURE DUDS, just drive to Cali with our 4 yr old....LOVE to try that experiment...NOT!

BTW...I should add that I can only get that fare now though Orbitz or Travelocity....not shooting myself in the foot by booking through an online company like them???!!! Never gone through either before.

I am not sure how this works, but you may want to read Frontier's website. They have some information that their rates will not be beat. And if the other rate is lower by more than $50 you will get yours back. Please read the fine print. (I could have misread it.) It sounded really good, but did not apply to mine.

SURE DUDS, just drive to Cali with our 4 yr old....LOVE to try that experiment...NOT!

BTW...I should add that I can only get that fare now though Orbitz or Travelocity....not shooting myself in the foot by booking through an online company like them???!!! Never gone through either before.

I actually booked my flight with Frontier through Orbitz. The price went up on Frontier's site, but was still offered on Orbitz. When you book with Orbitz, they allow you to "request" seats. After I was totally done, I called my paid itinerary up and some seats said confirmed and others said requested. I emailed them and they changed the seats to show that they were all confirmed. I explained that I wanted to sit with my kids and they were cool with it.

Best of luck! I'll wave at you as I drive by on the way to my cabin!

Duds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter