Is it realistic

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
I just booked a trip for October 30th. The Fairty tale package was too good to pass up.

Is realistic for me to lose 48.5 pounds from now until then.

I would love to be under 200. I told DH it could be 199.99 pounds ;)

My loss has been slow so far. 4 pounds since 4/28/03.

I am increasing my exercise.
Week one
walked 11 miles no crunches

Week Two
walked 16 miles started crunches mid week.

Week Three
walked 14.5 (so far) 125 crunches a day

I am more motivated than ever since I booked the trip.

Can it be done? Sure! But don't set yourself up with a number and a date and just set yourself up for disappointment.

Dr. Phil once had a show on this very thing -- and it made sense. He said that you don't have any control over that 'number' on the scales. So don't set up a goal that you don't have the control of. Instead --- make your goal what you will do in a certain period of time to become healthier. This, you have control over. You can set a goal of how many days a week you will excersize and how many calories a day you will eat ---- this is an obtainable goal that you have control over. You don't have control of the outcome though.

So make yourself an obtainable goal list ---- and work at succeeding in those goals! The weight loss will then just be an added bonus.;)

You may want to talk to John In Illinois. He has lost almost 50 in 3 1/2 months.

I know I can't do it LOL!

Good luck and great news about the trip!

Jody,

That is a good point. That is how I keep my journal. I have my goals outlined and I record my progress on the goals daily.

I hope that I can be successful with the pounds, but your are right, I don't want to be disappointed.

You have received some great advice already and since I am never shy to throw in my opinion, I am adding my two cents too! You are making some great choices about your lifestyle! I love your exercise goals, and I think it is good to have an overall weight loss goal. You might be able to reach your goal by 10/03, but please do not set yourself up for something that is unrealistic for you. If you are asking us if we think it is realistic for you, then there is a little part of me that thinks you, in your heart of hearts, thinks it is unrealistic. Women generally lose weight more slowly than men, and it is difficult for many of us to sustain significant regular losses...we can go for awhile losing chunks and then plateau for a good, long time, even though we are eating right and doing our exercise. Commit to a new lifestyle, eat right for you to lose and exercise regularily. You WILL lose weight, and even if it is not the 48.5 you want to lose come Oct, you will be smaller and you will feel better about yourself!:)

Linda

Thanks for the support. I will be thinner. I am already 5.5 pounds lighter.

I was concerned about sustaining the loss or reaching a plateau. I do feel really good about my exercise.

To tell you the truth I hace focused more on my exercise and fluid and then I focus on food.

Thanks

Kathy, my results prove that it is "possible".............do you "need" to set this as your goal? NO!

Set whatever goal you feel is attainable............and shoot for that. If you don't achieve that, find what you HAVE achieved at that time, and embrace that as a HUGE success that it is!

Good Luck, I will be watching LOL

;)

Kathy, set a smaller goal, first. If you wanted to lose 50 pounds in 5 months that would only require that you lose 2.5 pounds per week. I think that is very doable. You should take it a few pounds at a time, though.

We'll help you, you can do this :)

I don't know what kind of program you are following, but personally I wouldn't set such a high goal for yourself. Is it doable, with motivation, exercise and strict dedication to an eating plan you may be able to do it, but for me personally I know that would be a hard goal to reach. Good luck, I wish you the success that you are looking for.

I think that is a lot of weight, and depending on the program and your body it could be done. I just suggest that you take it easy and not over do it. I think that setting a goalis good, but you do not want to set yourself up for disappointment. Also make sure that you are healthy through this. I think 2.5 pounds a week is personally alot to loose consistently for that amount of time, but if you can do it in a healthy way, and check in with your Dr. then go for it :) Good luck!!!

I think that it is wonderful that you are exercizing and walking. I think that keeping that up is a great goal in itself and will surely help you lose weight more than diet alone.

And when it comes time to start walking at WDW, you'll have to stop and let everyone catch up with you.

I think everyone above have given you great ideas for yor goal. Whether you reach the goal of 199 or 210, you'll still feel so much better about yourself, especially when it comes to cloth sizes.

Congratulations and best wishes, Ray:)

Thanks for the support. I sure do feel better. I was talking with DH and realized the reason I was fixatted on the 200 was that when we went to Disney in Jan 02, I was losing weight and really thought that I would have been under 200 then. I didn't make it and actually ended up gaining 35 pounds over the next year.

I am going to take all the good advice and set a smaller goal. I see the Dr on Tuesday and I am going to consult with him.

Bye the way, I am a loser again. 5.5 pounds to date.

Hey, Kathy!

What I know about you is that you are EXTREMELY determined. I know that you will see 199.9 and that it doesn't matter when.

I think it's realistic that you could get to that weight by the time your trip rolls around. Sure! Focus on all the things you have been doing, keep up that walking, post to your journal often (I love reading your journal) read everything you can here and let us give you lots of hugs and congratulations for every pound you lose!!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter