Frontier Airline and “free personal bag”

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by disneylover23, Jan 8, 2019.

1. disneylover23

disneylover23 Earning My Ears

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has used their VERA Bradley weekener as their free personal item flying Frontier? The dimensions seem to be in accordance with what is allowed but I’m concerned it will be cause for a fee at the gate!

Thanks in advance for any help

2. lynzi2004

lynzi2004 DIS Veteran

I don't have a weekender bag, but DH recently flew Frontier for the first time to Denver and only took a personal bag. He wanted to take a slightly different bag but once he started looking at the dimensions, he realized it was about an inch too tall. He took a regular back pack instead. Once there, he saw that there was every (reasonable) kind of bag imaginable being taken on as a personal item! lol So that might have been just a random occurrence and someone who flies more with them may have a different experience, but I would say that for sure if your dimensions are within the allowable, that you would have no problem!

Shughart and Monykalyn like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneylover23

Thank you! That does ease my mind lol

5. FlyingBelle

FlyingBelle <font color=blue>Official Tag Fairy Underwear Desi

Similar experience this past weekend MCO-ORD. I was freaking out about the two stuffed turtles DH won at Animal Kingdom. No issue at all with the kids holding the stuffed animals and bringing their backpacks. Saw LOTS of people will all sized personal items and no one was checking measurements.

Got yelled at from gate agent about forming a single file line at the gate, but nothing on carry on bag sizes.

6. disneylover23

Thanks!

7. madge

madge ... is soaking in it

my husband had the same observation when we flew 3 weeks ago. LOL

8. _19disnA

_19disnA DIS Veteran

Same experience here, Frontier seems very flexible on what exactly is considered a 'personal bag'. However, it is NOT intended for someone to bring what is obviously luggage on the airplane to try to avoid paying the checked baggage fee.

9. MATTERHORN

MATTERHORN <font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco

Use my weekender every time! In fact, everyone in my family has one now so that we can all use Frontier all the time and no bag fees! Fits 4 days easily and works awesome!