From Tokyo to HKDL in 24 Hours?!

Tymen

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Going to visit Japan for 3 weeks in September and (of course) I am going to visit Tokyo Disneyland for 4 days (excited!!) but now I am thinking to do a really short trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. Because HKDL is close to the airport (just 20 min by car according to Google Maps) getting their should be easy.
Because my flights to and from Japan are booked I can't go to HKDL after my Japan trip, so I should do it while I am there.
Their are flights from Tokyo to Hong Kong (arriving at 4 am in HK), taking a nap at the airport and then going to HKDL by taxi. The park will be open till 9 pm (?) and then I can catch a plane back to Tokyo round 01 am (the next day) so technically I will be in HK under 24 hours.

In theory it is doable, but is it worth it? I can get cheap tickets to the park and airfare will be round €250/$265. Because I think I won't get back in Asia soon I am thinking about this crazy trip. What do you guys think?

Do you have everything planned in Japan you want to do and have extra days you are looking to fill? If so I say go for it. It'll be rough though without actually sleeping someplace before but you know your body and if that'd be an issue.

But if you're taking away an activity from Japan to do it, I'd say it's not worth it, just focus on Japan.

Even though you said you wouldn't be back to Asis soon there's a lot to do in Hong Kong and you could turn into its own trip at a later time.

Hong Kong Disneyland is lovely, but I'm not sure it warrants a 24 hour trip at an additional expense.

I guess it depends how much you value seeing the unique attractions at Hong Kong DL which, off the top of my head, would pretty much just be their version of the Haunted Mansion (which is lovely and great fun) and the new Iron Man ride.

I would personally just concentrate on enjoying your time in Japan. You can do Hong Kong DL on a future trip when you also venture to Shanghai DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter