From the airport to the boat

Sheriff Woody

Mouseketeer
Please tell me how to get from the airport to the boat with the fewest headaches. It looks as if FL Tours would cost around $40 more than DCL transfer for a family of four; is it worth it?

I've left myself plenty of room on both sides for flight times, so I'm not too concerned with timing. I guess I'm trying to minimize baggage handling and waiting around. Thanks in advance.

With DCL transfers you just "tag" your luggage before you board at your departing city, get off your flight, find the CMs at the airport and head to the busses. DCL brings your luggage and puts it in your stateroom.....don't forget a carryon because the luggage doesn't usuall show up 'till around the lifeboat drill time....

We are a family of four and have used three different ways to get from the airport to the port.
Bus transfer: cost the most. You just get on the bus and go. No freedom to stop if you want or when you go.

One way rentals: cheapest. Have hassle of renting cars. come ,go, and stop when you want. rental car shuttle to port.

rental for entire cruise: pay to park at port. most convenient-disembark and go. come,go and stop when you want.

We will be renting a car for the entire cruise this summer and driving to WDW after. This may not be the most economical, but it sure is convenient.

The last time we went from MCO to the ship (;)) we hired a limo. A towncar would have been more comparable in price though. I don't know what your rate is through FL Tours. Shop around...we used cartiertowncar.com and had a wonderful time. We didn't have to wait for a full bus plus we were picked up early on departure day so we were guaranteed to be back at the airport for our flight. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!