From Pop to the Top - Funtastic Adventures in the Summer Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the AYP!:yay: That's great news! We didn't make it last year and so we are really under pressure this year. Just frustrating because these people that come up with this stuff have really no idea what it is to be in the classroom!

You sure are lucky to get out that early! Our last day is the 22nd.:sad2:

Ellie and I finished up the shirts tonight. Well, except she's decided she might add some glitter to hers.:rolleyes:

This is all of them.
IMG_0739-1.jpg

This is a close up of just the iron on ones.
IMG_0740.jpg

Tomorrow marks the teens for us...getting so close!!
Stay warm...it's freezing here too! Enjoy your field trip-sounds fun!

Love the shirts!

I hope you have a great last week before break! I'm sure the students (and teachers;)) are looking forward to the break. Congrats on making AYP!

Boardwalk is definately near the top of my list for places I want to stay sometime. AKL and Beach Club are my other top two I think. Who am I kidding... I want to stay at them all! :rotfl:

stace208 - love the shirts! Especially those iron ons, very cute!

Very cute shirts Stacy! I'm not doing any this time....not, not, not....
so very tempting.

I would love that peppermint MH on the front of a hoodie.
Not doing any shirts this time, not, not, not....

Congrats on the AYP!:yay: That's great news! We didn't make it last year and so we are really under pressure this year. Just frustrating because these people that come up with this stuff have really no idea what it is to be in the classroom!

You sure are lucky to get out that early! Our last day is the 22nd.:sad2:

Ellie and I finished up the shirts tonight. Well, except she's decided she might add some glitter to hers.:rolleyes:

This is all of them.
IMG_0739-1.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

Love, love, LOVE these shirts. Especially the peppermint candy hidden Mickey. Where did you get the designs? Or, if you made them, how? Or, better yet ... do you sell them??? :banana:

Whew - just made it here...page 249 and I'm caught up again! There is so much to comment on, but I was very relieved to read the positive news on Carter - continued prayers for him for next month's procedure!

Did you hear anything on your car?

Enjoying all the pictures of course, it's making me ache for February! It still seems lightyears away at this point, doesn't it?

I'm glad the girls enjoyed it...did Bella stay awake through the whole show? She's closer to Aubrey's age. I'm sure Brookie sleeping with Jiminy Cricket is adorable

Thank you for the tips! I was worried about the bathroom thing because all of a sudden she'll say, "pee pee!" and she has to go RIGHT THEN. I'm not a parent and get nervous taking her out! lol I'll let you know how it goes!

I also would like to stay at every resort at least once. I have no doubts you will be able to do it, MeMom!

I hope Aubrey loves the Princesses on Ice! I'll let you know how it goes

:banana: for one more full week! I just have to make it through 5 days of work and then we head to FL on Saturday! Enjoy the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, that sounds really fun!

I woke up to flurries here, let's pray that they stay flurries and go away shortly

According to a FB picture, Bella made it through the show, but fell asleep about 20 seconds after she hit the carseat. :) Let us know about your Disney on Ice fun!

We're making a dent in our 'resorts stayed at', so we'll keep plugging along.

I don't see how you northerners make it. We're having a three days cold snap, and I am pretty much ready for spring now.

REALLY??? Wow, you guys break early!! We've got 2 more full weeks plus 3 additional days the following week! Sounds like you should have plenty of time to drive down and stay with Miss Anita Wigd What a fantastic surprise for Trent that would be!

Enjoy your last full week

If Trent was not going to be able to come home for Christmas, I would be very tempted to do that, but he'll be at Jill's early Christmas Eve morning. Maybe we can surprise him another random time.

Your school gets out so early for break! Our last day is the 21st.

Have a great last week until break

They change the dates from year to year. We have gone closer to Christmas, like the 22nd, and had more time on the New Year's end before. It kind of just depends on how Christmas Day falls.

Last week of school!! You're so close!!!

Have a great time at your field trip - it sounds neat!

We are getting snow flurries now - but it's pretty, just gently falling. That's the kind of snow I like!!

Last full week of school. I guess I wasn't too clear. Kids still go 3 1/2 days next week, and teachers go all week. I guess when we don't have kids, I count it as a short week.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pretty trees today. :)

That's the kind of snow we got. It was pretty falling, but it just coverd the roofs and cartops.

It sounds cold in Nashville, Memom. It is cold in Memphis as well. I HATE cold. We were supposed to be going to WDW one week from today. We had to cancel. The Florida sun would feel pretty good right now. I hope you have a great week.

So sorry you had to cancel. Make yourself a Disney Christmas at home. That's what we're doing. I am looking very forward to the warmth and sunshine on February 26th, because it will probably be very cold here at that time.

Same here! We had a very light dusting of snow mixed with sleet on Saturday. It's pretty cold in NC too. I'm ready for summer!

The field trip sounds fun!

I'm fond of spring and fall. My heat/air bills are the lowest then. ;)

I hope this full week flies by MeMom and then you'll be closer to some nice time off for Christmas and New Year's Day. Also hope the insurance check arrived!

Check arrived.
Car bought.
I am happy it went smoothly. :thumbsup2

This will be an easy week. We have a field trip today, Christmas activity with my kids' old school tomorrow, and our Christmas program Friday. :cool1:

It is cold. Not only did I wear pants tp work, I wore a sweater too. Lasted until a little while ago. It is 76 in my office and I had to get down to the short sleeved shirt I had on under the sweater.

It's going to ge back to normal here by the end of the week. Right now,we're having January temperatures.

No We met up the next briefly night after MSEP. Jill Brooklyn and John met Anita,Marc and me at the Tast of Africa Fri night.

I will have to pull out the phone I used to see if I have any text messages from you on Tursday night to jog your memory.

I flew in that day and went to EPCOT that night. I only know that because I looked at my pictueres.

I really hate that I had to miss the Africa part, but my leg could only take one thing or the other that day, and since Bella needed a nap, I opted to stay back with her. I really am sorry I wasn't on the safari with you guys.

You guys get out waaaaaaaaay early! Our last day is the 21st. I have my first End of Course (EOC as we call them) tomorrow for Algebra 1. My brain hurts from studying and I only got home 15 minutes ago.

I remember those days well. Study hard, and good luck!

The kids get out half day the 16th, and teachers go through the 17th. We'll go back earlier than you guys, I am sure.

I just had to get another comment in before they close this baby down.

I loved your fountain picture! DH would also love a camero. He had one in the early years of our marriage but had to give it up. I also think that TT remote control car is too cute. Love the pictures of the Boardwalk. It's such a pretty resort.

Congrats on your rave reviews from the clipboard people!

I was glad to get a good review. I don't want to be one of those who are called into the office after a clipboard visit! :eek:

You'll be with us on the next report, I hope. :)

Wow you guys get out so early! Lucky! We go right up until the day before Christmas Eve here. How many weeks do you have off, then?

We only get two weeks off. We'll go back right after the new year, though. We have gone as late as the 22nd before and then had more time off in January.

Congrats on making AYP!!!! That can be such a daunting task! Give yourself a pat on the back. It takes everyone in the school to do something like that!:

If you figure out a way to make it down the invitation still stands....

It does take the whole school. Everyone was very excited to hear such good news.

Since Trent will be home later that very week, I will make it just fine. One of these days, though, we'll work it out to completely surprise him at some random time. :thumbsup2

I somehow missed that your school made AYP. That's fantastic news! Congratulations to you and your fellow teachers for a job well done!

It's a big deal in our school, since our kids have such deficits. Thanks for the congrats. :goodvibes

It's cold here also We had our first snow day in Ontario which was okay for me .I got free child labour and my girls 11 and 12 helped finish all the Christmas cookies!!We got tons of snow in a very short time up to 60 centimeters. This was our first snow of the year and it hit hard and fast but at least it will be a white Christmas!

I like a few snow days a year, but I can't take the bitter cold.

I'm glad you guys got to have some fun time making cookies. I hope to do that with my girls over the holidays. :santa:

I managed to find the phone I used and at 6:29 on Thursday July 8 you texted me to tell me you were eating in Sunshine Seasons and were heading to Japan afterwards.

I started at AK and ended at EPCOT but did not walk into EPCOT until almost 8pm. It was EMH again so I stayed and walked around.

CONGRATS on reaching your APY goals. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

That is huge accomplishment.

It is huge. It takes the pressure off a little. Now we can still teach, but just do it without the fear of the state take-over, at least for this year. It gives some encouragement that we're doing something right.

I could go for some Sunshine Seasons tonight.
Wanna meet there for dinner?
I get out of tutoring about 5:30.

Wouldn't it be nice to live close enough to really do that?!?!? :woohoo:

Just checking in. It is snowing here a little also. It is hard to explain to a 4 year old that the snow flurries are not enough to make a snowman. He is so excited to play in the snow that he gets excited with any little bit of snow that falls. He was trying to catch snowflakes on his glove yesterday. I love to look at the world through my childrens' eyes. It is such a simple, wonderful place to them. Congratulations on AYP! I had no idea what it meant, but my teacher husband filled me in.

What subject and grade does your husband teach? Yes, he knows all about AYP. ::yes::

I am totally with you on seeing things through a kid's viewpoint. I am looking forward to seeing how mine enjoy the trees today. :)

You sure are lucky to get out that early! Our last day is the 22nd.

Ellie and I finished up the shirts tonight. Well, except she's decided she might add some glitter to hers.

Your shirts are great!

I agree. The people making up all these rules and quotas are out of touch with the reality of the classroom. I invite them to come to my room any time and spend a day.

Love the shirts!

Me, too. Makes you want a trip, huh? :laughing:

I hope you have a great last week before break! I'm sure the students (and teachers) are looking forward to the break. Congrats on making AYP!

Boardwalk is definately near the top of my list for places I want to stay sometime. AKL and Beach Club are my other top two I think. Who am I kidding... I want to stay at them all!

We've done AKL, thanks to my sweet daughter, so Poly and Beach Club are my next two wants.

It's funny that kids don't realize the teachers are every bit as excited as they are about the break! :rotfl:

so very tempting.

You have so much spare time, I am sure, to be making shirts. :upsidedow

Love, love, LOVE these shirts. Especially the peppermint candy hidden Mickey. Where did you get the designs? Or, if you made them, how? Or, better yet ... do you sell them???

Yeah, Stacey, looks like you could have a good business, if you wanted to. :thumbsup2

Whew - just made it here...page 249 and I'm caught up again! There is so much to comment on, but I was very relieved to read the positive news on Carter - continued prayers for him for next month's procedure!

Did you hear anything on your car?

Enjoying all the pictures of course, it's making me ache for February! It still seems lightyears away at this point, doesn't it?

The car is a done deal, thankfully. It went smoothly at every turn. I hope this used one goes for many, many more miles.

February sound so much closer than March to me, but it's only a couple of weeks earlier than spring break. It also sounds a lot colder than March, but I am hoping it will be nice and warm in Florida. It should be in the 70's about that time, so that will be perfect.

I am glad they think Carter's problem is not a big issue, but if you're the family, it's got to be in the back of your mind at all times. I'm sure they'll be glad when it is over and hopefully find out it was easily repaired.

I don't think Jill ever got around to a new batch of pictures, so we'll do the last full day and then departure day quickly on the new report. That October trip will start soon, and we hope you'll all be with us to enjoy the fall fun, even though we didn't go to Mickey's Halloween party this year.

Our second-graders are off to see the Trees of Christmas today, so this is a school day I am actually looking forward to. :)

so very tempting.

That peppermint MH would look perfect on the front of a hoodie! You could do a hoodie. A hoodie isn't a shirt! :thumbsup2

Hey MeMom! Just checking in and wanted to say I hope you have a great day. I saw the girls pics on FB where they went to Disney on Ice. Looks like fun. I may try to take Ty the next time Disney on Ice comes to Memphis.

This is all of them.
IMG_0739-1.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

I love your shirts especially the iron on ones.:love:

That peppermint MH would look perfect on the front of a hoodie! You could do a hoodie. A hoodie isn't a shirt!

Yeah, a hoodie isn't a shirt! :upsidedow

Why yes! Yes it does!

When I get paid on Friday, I plan to put the deposit down on our summer trip. It'll only be one week this time and not 10-11 days, but we'll love every minute of it.

Hey MeMom! Just checking in and wanted to say I hope you have a great day. I saw the girls pics on FB where they went to Disney on Ice. Looks like fun. I may try to take Ty the next time Disney on Ice comes to Memphis.

Brooklynn has been to a bunch of them now. She started really early. At her first one, there were five adults and a newborn. :laughing:

Hope you are feeling well. :thumbsup2

Have fun today, MeMom!! Sounds like a neat field trip!!

The trees were pretty, but instead of doing countries, they did seasons and a couple of other themes. One was a music tree.

I love your shirts especially the iron on ones.

I like the one with the three ornaments best. They're all so fun, though.

Don't fib! Santa may skip your house.

What a tragedy! Everyone better be good, because it is almost time! :santa:

Congrats on your AYP!!!! I have no idea what it means but I can tell it is a good thing.

It is a good thing. ::yes::
I means the kids showed that the teachers taught.
Sometimes, they don't.

Jill is getting a night out with the big girls tonight. She and some friends from work are going to go eat and then see Tangled. She has been looking so forward to eating a hot meal in peace and not having to worry about doing for anyone else for a few hours. Whenever she gets the chance, she can start the new report. Hope to see you all there! :dance3:

Love the shirts!

so very tempting.

Love, love, LOVE these shirts. Especially the peppermint candy hidden Mickey. Where did you get the designs? Or, if you made them, how? Or, better yet ... do you sell them??? :banana:

Your shirts are great!

I agree. The people making up all these rules and quotas are out of touch with the reality of the classroom. I invite them to come to my room any time and spend a day.

I love your shirts especially the iron on ones.:love:

Thank you for all the compliments on the shirts! All of the iron on designs came from the DISign thread-very talented folks on there! I just download the picture from their photobucket and/or 4shared file (which they have in their signature usually) and then insert it into a word document to print. The peppermint MH's came from millipie disigns. Be forewarned-once you go over to that forum and start nosing around it is VERY addicting!:laughing:

Anita-just one hoodie wouldn't take but a few minutes...:rolleyes:

Well, our clipboard people came and went. They didn't come in my room to do an observation which is ok by me. The interviews were intense. In the end they decided that we were on the right track and to keep on doing what we're doing. Isn't that just spectacular of them??? I know it just makes me feel so much better.:sad2: I'm just glad we can all relax a little now.

I don't know about others, but we get out the 22nd and still go back Jan. 2nd!! So, those of you with longer breaks-enjoy!

I hope you had fun today. Any pictures??

My husband was a 7th grade science teacher. He actually is a biology major and education major. He coached basketball also. He stays home with our kids now until they get in school. He wants to go back, but is still considering another profession due to the things you are talking about.
We are getting ready for our trip. I actually changed our resort to the Contemporary today. I am excited to stay on the monorail again.

so very tempting.

That peppermint MH would look perfect on the front of a hoodie! You could do a hoodie. A hoodie isn't a shirt! :thumbsup2

Stace208-I love your shirts! I might have to do some for my trip next week!!
Anita- I love the peppermint one too! A hoodie wouldn't take long to do!!!! hmmm! We might need hoodies next week! From what I've seen I think it's been pretty chilly in Orlando too. It's been really cold her in NC!!!! Brrrrr!

Memom, I think I'm ready for some warmer weather too! They say it could get back up to 60 this weekend, but then more cold temps for next week! It's supposed to be 19 tonight!!!!
Congrats on getting a car and the AYP scores! I'm still behind, but will try to get caught up this weekend! Did you post a link to the new one. I saw the tentative title, but not a link!
Stay warm everyone!!!

Be forewarned-once you go over to that forum and start nosing around it is VERY addicting!:laughing:

Well, our clipboard people came and went. I'm just glad we can all relax a little now.

I hope you had fun today. Any pictures??

There are many cool things on the DISign Board, for sure. I want to be able to create all those neat things, too!

Glad you guys got the stamp of approval from the clipboard people.

No pictures allowed in the mansion, so I didn't bother to take the camera.

My husband was a 7th grade science teacher. He actually is a biology major and education major. He coached basketball also. He stays home with our kids now until they get in school. He wants to go back, but is still considering another profession due to the things you are talking about.
We are getting ready for our trip. I actually changed our resort to the Contemporary today. I am excited to stay on the monorail again.

He and Trent would get along well. He was a basketball player and has a bunch of honors from his 'glory days'. :)

I would suggest another profession besides teaching, too. The Comcast lady told me the other day she was going to be a teacher until she saw how much teachers make. She makes more than I do, so she was quite happy to be on the phone troubleshooting internet issues. :laughing:

Memom, I think I'm ready for some warmer weather too! They say it could get back up to 60 this weekend, but then more cold temps for next week! It's supposed to be 19 tonight!!!!
Congrats on getting a car and the AYP scores! I'm still behind, but will try to get caught up this weekend! Did you post a link to the new one. I saw the tentative title, but not a link!
Stay warm everyone!!!

Cold here, too. I hope it is not indicative of our whole winter.

Jill will start the report. She went out with friends after work last night. Maybe she can do it this evening or tomorrow. She also has to load the new pictures and pack for KY. They are going back to do Chrismtas with John's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter