From BWI To........

dbail2

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the BWI for the first time. What isthe best way to get from there to the AK ? To the MK? Should we drive or use the Busses?

Buses to MK. We drive to AK. You can walk to MGM and Epcot. Not many people are thrilled with the Buses to BWI back from the parks since it is a local, not express stopping at all the Epcot hotels.

We took buses to both and had no problems. Sometimes we got off at the S/D stop and strolled back to BWI along the BW. It is a short walk, other times we rode the circut but as long as we were seated, we didn't mind!

The bus to both parks runs the loop S/D to YC/BC to BW to the park to S/D, YC/BC to BW during off-seasons. During many busy seasons S/D will have its own bus and you don't stop there at least during busy travel times of the day (much of the morning and later in the evening). Also, the bus to AK stops at Blizzard Beach once it opens in the morning. We have found it much faster to drive to AK and back. However, the bus is better for MK because you would need to park at the TTC and take monorail or boat from there.

It depends on how you do your day, we personally split things up among different parks each day, so we hardly ever (one or twice) drive to a park. I agree that the LOCAL bus is a pain, it stops at 5 resorts and usually BWI is last or at least it seems that way.

For MK, depending on the time we walk through Epcot and take the monorail. the thing is we are frequent visitors and timeis not a concern for us.

Car is usually best for convience, but I do not like having to be bothered by driving whenI can let some else do it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!