Frist time Cruiser with FCC and Costco

michelleandbrett

Earning My Ears
I took off work to call in and book today and Costco isn't even talking calls for Disney! I saw at the top of Costco Travel they have some self serve options to fill out a google sheets request. I filled out the placeholder one but don't really know if that was right. I have FCC from a canceled 2021 cruise that the extra 25% is expiring soon but was hoping to use just what I originally paid towards a new summer released cruise. I don't have a placeholder number or if I do I can't find it anywhere. Are people having much luck filling out this form and getting the rooms you want?

I took off work to call in and book today and Costco isn't even talking calls for Disney! I saw at the top of Costco Travel they have some self serve options to fill out a google sheets request. I filled out the placeholder one but don't really know if that was right. I have FCC from a canceled 2021 cruise that the extra 25% is expiring soon but was hoping to use just what I originally paid towards a new summer released cruise. I don't have a placeholder number or if I do I can't find it anywhere. Are people having much luck filling out this form and getting the rooms you want?
Sounds like you need to call Disney to locate your placeholder reservation number.

If you can't work through Costco, its time to switch to a better TA.

Do you have a placeholder? The FCC from a covid-canceled cruise isn't a placeholder. It's a per-passenger credit that should be attached to each passenger who was booked on the cancelled cruise.

Anyway...I'm not sure if you can use FCC with Costco unless Costco had booked the cruise that was canceled. Hopefully someone else will chime in. You can't use the covid-FCC on the new 2023 itineraries; it has to be used before the end of Sept. 2022. The phone lines have been crazy-busy due to the new 2023 itineraries that went on sale last week.

Go ahead at call them, as they can book through their website and work with you on applying your FCC.

Some caveats - As lanejudy said, the FCC can only be used until Sept 2022 and to work with Costco, you needed to have booked the original cruise with them. I am not sure you can use any of the funds for a cruise later than that. In that case, you will need to request a refund from the first cruise - this would not include the 25% bonus. Again, if you booked with Costco, they can assist you. If you did not book the original cruise with Costco, you will need to request the refund directly from Disney.

The FCC number is the same at the original cruise reservation number, so check your emails from Costco and Disney for that.

It sounds like you do not currently have an active reservation. So you can rebook with anyone, or on your own. You may, however, first have to request a full refund from that 2021 sailing if you are going to forfeit the 25% future cruise credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!