Frighteningly Long Line for the Skyliner at Park Close

Mickey of the Villages

Can't have nice things
My wife and I took a trip to BWV last week.

On Friday evening at park close we sat on a bench at the International Gateway exit and watched the line grow to get on the Skyliner. We sat there for a while people watching, maybe 20 minutes. Then we started back to BWV. The line for the Skyliner went all the way back to the entrance to BCV! It was that long and still growing.

The Skyliner was running normally and although there was social distancing at work the groups boarding the Skyliner were essentially one long line. It must have been an hour wait to get on the Skyliner when we walked away.

For the poor folks at The Riviera, Carribean Beach, and further down stream on the Skyliner that is a loooooong wait. I don't even want to know if this "line" was repeated at the station that goes to DHS.

To me this looks like a "baked in" problem on the Skyliner. So if you plan on using the Skyliner out of International Gateway get there before park close or you could have a long wait.

We were at BWV in September and saw the same thing. And, saw it most mornings at riveria trying to get to epcot for rope drop. The skyliner is great - we really enjoy riding it - at off times.

It’s worse now because only one party to a group. Or at least it was that way in early December. Be back there next week.

My DD and her BF saw the same thing one night and then left Epcot the second night about 10 minutes before closing and pretty short line.

But, I think the one party per cabin will increase that wait. When I was there, I was a single and was put by myself, so hopefully that is why it was so long.

I agree that if you wait a little after closing or opening, it may save you time! We did not see that last year in December leaving Epcot at close. It was crowded but not that long for sure.

Not sure how often this would happen in pre/post-pandemic times, but if it's a frequent occurrence, it should serve as a reality check for anyone that contemplates purchasing RIV as an EP resort.

LAX

Same thing happened when we left HS one night at close- the line for the skyliner was growing and growing towards BWV. The cast member holding the sign for the end of the line said it was approx 30 minute wait. We figured it was faster to walk to Epcot and grab the skyliner to the Riviera.

With all the talk of skyliner waits, how are busses at park close? We went in December and drove to all the Parks from CCV. Are bus waits bad? a 20-30 min wait wasn't anything in July before the pandemic if you didn't get to the bus depot immediately after fireworks.

With all the talk of skyliner waits, how are busses at park close? We went in December and drove to all the Parks from CCV. Are bus waits bad? a 20-30 min wait wasn't anything in July before the pandemic if you didn't get to the bus depot immediately after fireworks.

On the same trip in September, we tried to take a bus from BWV to the MK right at park opening. Since they let so few people on each bus, we had to wait for the 3rd bus before we got a seat. And they were only running 2 buses from BWV to the MK that morning. It was well over an hour.

On the same trip in September, we tried to take a bus from BWV to the MK right at park opening. Since they let so few people on each bus, we had to wait for the 3rd bus before we got a seat. And they were only running 2 buses from BWV to the MK that morning. It was well over an hour.
So it sounds like its only because of Social distancing. Not sure what people expected. It would be one thing if it was only the Skyliner but it sounds like the busses are having long waits also. I'm sure boats at park opening and close have long lines. The Skyliner line can look worse than it really is since its continuously moving and there really isn't a proper area to line up guests really. Just like the Haunted Mansion ride, it looks worse than it really is. But I could see back up to the Beach Club pool if it was that far being bad. Heck just the security line into Epcot in the mornings at park opening can get back up now that 7 resorts can enter there(Pop, AoA, CBR, RR, S&D, BWV and BCV.)

I have closed EPCOT many times and left via Skyliner, both pre and during the pandemic, and have never encountered a line like that. Assuming the Skyliner is running properly, the line usually goes fairly fast, as there is a new car and party departing every 30 seconds or so. Agree that not being able to comingle parties in each car will slow things down. I suspect this is a consequence of increasing park attendance, while trying to limit capacity on infrastructure. We will have to live with that until things get back to normal. . . . Not sure I even remember what normal is anymore :)

The funny thing about this is now with the Grand Floridian Walkway & Bridge to MK complete, all the "Monorail Resort Guests" will be using the walkway and bridge while the offsite guests and day guests will be using the Monorail.....:oops:
for how long of a walk this is. I don't see a majority using this or even half. Even lower for Poly Guests. Its still a pretty long walk from MK to GF. Especially if you've been at the parks all day and ur feet are exhausted by park close lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter