Friendship boats running between BWV and Epcot?

Biddler

Mouseketeer
I thought I read after the hurricane that the friendship boats weren’t running. Can anyone confirm? Thank you.

Service was suspended for one day so the boats could be examined for damage and re-certified. They were back up a day or so later.

However, I wouldn't take the boat between Epcot and BoardWalk unless someone in the group has mobility issues. It's a pretty short walk.

(I do take the boat between Hollywood Studios and BoardWalk - that's a longer walk.)

However, I wouldn't take the boat between Epcot and BoardWalk unless someone in the group has mobility issues. It's a pretty short walk.

(I do take the boat between Hollywood Studios and BoardWalk - that's a longer walk.)

Short is subjective. At the end of a night after all day in the parks that walk feels loooooong to me.

Short is subjective. At the end of a night after all day in the parks that walk feels loooooong to me.

I agree with the concept. People who book Yacht and Beach Club sometimes plan to walk to DHS and I would not do that. But I always walk Boardwalk to Epcot.

Just curious, how long is the walk from BWV to DHS? We'll be there in 3 weeks!

After the hurricane, the water level was too high to run the boats. As soon as the level dropped, they started running again. They are running st 100% now.
I have left the IG dock area at the same time the boat pulled away. It best me to BW by about 90 secs. It takes about 7 mins to walk it. I then continued on to DHS. I beat the boat. It was just coming around the bend as I walked to bag check...beat it by about 8 mins or so. I make the walk from BW to DHS in about 15 mins, but I walk at a fairly fast pace.

We used the boats more than I thought we would in October, but my foot was hurting so that contributed. We never waited long for the boat from Boardwalk to Epcot, and we were staying close to the Swan/Dolphin so we caught the HS boat at that dock to shorten the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter