Friends of Dorothy Sept 17, 2006

I do not have a picture posted anywhere, but I am planning to. I am usually on the boards at work and I have to post the picture from my home computer. we also met the two Bobs from CA. I have not emailed the list out yet because it is so short, but will as I get more names.

I'm wondering if you'd like to have this moved to our new Board.

Please let me know if you think it will be better there or if you'd like it to remain here.

Thanks!!! :flower:

It would be great if you could move this to the other board. Thank you for asking.

Oh Regina is so helpful :) She tried to help me spend money on the repo cruise last year! Not hard to do.

We are now booked on the cruise and my parents are in the room next to us. They were going to "surprise" us on our May cruise but we (accidentally) ruined that by switching to this cruise.

Now I have no trips planned until September. I need to fix that!!

Dan,

You posted:

"I do know of at least 3 more couple that are joining us, Don and Scott (which we meet on the PC cruise-but I can't find a post from them here anywhere!)".

My partner's name is Scott. So there will be another couple on the cruise with the names Don and Scott?

rcostello1 said:
We are now booked on the cruise and my parents are in the room next to us.

That is great. I have added you to the list I am keeping. If everyone wants to PM me with your stateroom numbers and the names of the people in your party I will at it all to the list.

So has anyone else joined the cruise? I know Keven&Randall had to cancel :(. We (CC members) can book Palo, etc. on June 19. Coming up soon, warming up the spreadsheet!

I have not heard from anyone else, but since we are getting close to the cruise maybe we should keep this thread alive. We are also getting ready to make our Palo and shore excursion reservations on June 19. Let's try to start a discussion of all of us getting together on the ship.

Anyone wanting to join us let me know. I have a spreadsheet with names that right now only has six couples on it and I would love to see it grow. Anyone wanting the list can PM me and I will send it to you.

I haven't even looked at excursions. Guess I need to do that. I have to get everyone paid off...long story there, but it will happen next week. Trying to figure out when we want to do Palo. Would like to go on a formal or semi-formal night but that will be a guesstimate on this cruise. And we are doing main dining for the first time so I guess we could eat early or late at Palo--that will be different.

So far the ship is only 1/2 full so I expect it will fill with CMs before too long. :) If not, it will be nice and cozy. Maybe I could buy an upgrade at the port, that would be great!

rcostello1-

I saw where you posted on the Cruise Meets thread and asked if you had missed anything and the response was not much. The major thing you missed was the dates for Pirate Night 9/24, Formal Nights 9/19 and 9/26, and Tropical Night 9/20. It did not surprise me when you received that response. I have stopped posting on that thread because they tended to ignore me when I asked questions or tried to be included in some of the activities. It appears to be the same group that were on the Panama Canal cruises and they did the samething then.

What category stateroom are you currently in? Originally I had booked us in a 9 and my mother and daughter in a 10 across the hall. I decided to upgrade them and we now have adjoining rooms in a 9. I haven't told them so they will be surprised.

I see we are from the same area. We would love to get together on board the ship and hopefully we can put together a mini meet of sorts. I look forward to meeting everyone from these boards on the ship.

Yes there are many posters I have stories for, whether or not I have met them. Did you do the Aug repo? I was on the May repo...have a couple of friends from that who are not on this cruise (cause Kevin&Randall cancelled!). That is GREAT news about the nights thanks I will add it to the spreadsheet! :)

I have two cat 9 rooms (2024/2026) and one person up on deck 7 in I think a cat 11. If something is available (and reasonable $) at the port I would be willing to find a verandah. I like sleeping out there. Well, I dunno what a regular verandah is like, I've only had the cat 3 which I'm sure I'll never see again. It's a great place to sleep!

I am looking at a pic of a cupcake from Just Cakes in Bethesda (birthday card). Are you near them? :) I had a friend with a pic in one of the art walks/shows there in Bethesda. I'm up for a mini-meet. Could we go meet in NYC? I need to get out of here! ;) I was in Fells Point on Friday, I love it up there. Anywhere but where I am is a great place to be...

Did any of you have trouble making your Palo and shore excursion reservations this morning? It tried for over an hour at 5 this morning and could not get the web reservation system to work. I finally gave up, went to work, and tried again at 7:30. I was able to get Palo for dinner and brunch, but not all the excursions showed up. I still have two islands to figure out what we want to do since the excursions we wanted did not show up this morning.

I hope the rest of you got what you wanted.

I have no idea what I want to do excursion wise...fate will figure that out for me.

I made various Palo reservations...I don't like the fact that you can only choose 3-4 people...last year I could choose 5-6, maybe it is based on the max for your room? Last year our room slept 5. Doesn't really make sense. We have 5 people in 3 rooms...so at least 4 of us can dine :). I guess we'll have to make sure they have it right when we get there.

The system was REALLY SLOW at 3am...I guess it didn't get any better. It took forever to make so few reservations.

Nordkin I think it's just you and me... :) especially if you look at the last page of posts!

Just my luck
will be at the world on the 17th this year.
Maybe next time

We are getting closer to the cruise and it would be nice to hear from others I know are out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter