Friends disappointed w/ YC housekeeping

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
My neighbors just returned from a 2 week stay at the YC - actually, it was supposed to be 10 days, but Hurricane Frances messed up their plans to travel home so they were stuck for 4 extra days.

Anyway, she told me they wanted to stay at the resort with the best pool. I told them YC/BC IMO had the best. She told me yesterday that they loved the pool but thought the housekeeping was horrible. She said there were cobwebs on the light fixtures & "crud" all over the ceiling fan. She told me that light bulbs were out. One morning she did some ironing & left the iron out because it was hot. She said housekeeping never put it away.

Now, in defense of housekeeping she said she never left a note or called the front desk for any of these issues. :rolleyes: (I would have ::yes:: ) Has anyone had this experience with the YC lately? We had a great stay there last year & will be there again for a few nights in Nov.

We have stayed at the YC many times over the last several years. Never had any issues with housekeeping. I'm sorry to hear of your friends bad experience.

We stayed there for 1 week the end of May til the 1st of June. We were concierge and were disappointed in many things, housekeeping being one. We tipped everyday (am and pm) some nights did not get nightly turn down. we asked at the concierge desk one day what was going on. They said they did not know and also did not call anyone (in our presence) nor did they ever get back to us. There were some food trays and trash left in the hall for several days (assumably housekeeping going in and out of that room cleaning) and no one ever bothered to pick it up. There was a baby crib in the hall for 4 or 5 days that no one ever moved. It was very disappointing. We also had some other issues that were never resolved. (concierge shipped some items back to home for us that were broken upon arrival, they have never replaced or refunded). Lisa

The only complaint I had with housekeeping was that one day I left a note requesting the bedding to be changed because my son had thrown up on it. Well, when we arrived at 9:30 p.m. I pulled down the bedspread only to find the throwup still there. I was pretty ticked. I called them and complained and they came down within 15 minutes to change the linens. Otherwise, they did a good job cleaning everything during the week. I love the resort too much to make that one time occurrence bother me.

~DawnMaree

I can hardly believe what I'm hearing. We were just there in July again and never had any of these problems. In fact one the main reasons I like going back to YC over and over is due to the consistency I've experienced in cleanliness and service especially on the concierge floor.

This only proves that every hotel, no matter how good, will have issues at some point with housekeeping or service.

Originally posted by sotoalf
This only proves that every hotel, no matter how good, will have issues at some point with housekeeping or service.

I totaly agree! ::yes:: We recently stayed at the Poly which is my all time, absolute favorite place. On our previous trip we had such a great stay I even wrote a letter thanking them and complimenting them on just about everything. Well on our last trip we had quite a few minor issues with housekeeping & CM mistakes. This of course was totally disappointing to us, almost shocking that it happened. But it proved the point to us that things do go wrong and "stuff" can happen anywhere...even at your favorite place. ;)
Im sorry your friends had a bad experience. Maybe they have to go back to see that it can be good. ;)

I stayed at the BC last September. My only complaint is there were dishes and trays outside of the guest rooms on the hallway floor, every day, all hours. Not only does that look bad but it smelled bad.

We stayed at the YC in April and had no problem whatsoever with housekeeping. Our room was immaculate as was the entire resort. And this was the week before Easter when the place was packed. I'm sorry your friend had a bad experience.

We stayed at the BC last November, and had stayed there several years ago as well & LOVED it. However, this time, we had ANTS in the room. They didn't appear until the end of our stay. We called housekeeping, and they came & put traps in the room. They were not at all suprised (but WE were!) Also, the blow dryer didn't work, so I called and asked for a new one. I did tell them "no rush". However, over 24 hours later, I had to call down again and ask again for one. The hottub at the quiet pool did not work most of the time as well. The quiet pool had to keep closing because the lights there kept flickering on and off at night. Plus, I thought their "take out" breakfast area was much more limited than I had remembered. Not great choices, and high prices....All of these things did not ruin our trip, but you kind of expect better when you pay the big bucks. I know if we stayed there again, things could be better, but its no longer our favorite resort.

We were at YC Concierge at the end of May and had a wonderful stay. Yuet was our mousekeeper and she was fabulous. Our kids actually came home with a ton of chocolates because "Miss Yuet" and the other mousekeepers gave them candy everytime we passed them in the hall. (My kids had to report all of the details of their day to the mousekeepers, cl staff, maintenance, pretty much everyone we passed.) Our room was immaculate!
If you do experience a problem, report it immediately!

Psherman

We just stayed two nights before our cruise in August. The room was great and nothing about housekeeping stands out in my memory. Maybe it took awhile to get extra pillows and towels?? Oh, I know, I requested turn down service and they showed up at 5:00 when we were still taking showers and getting ready for dinner. And we had no laundry bag. I asked for one and ended up with 10, LOL!

We stayed at the Yacht Club in May of this year and when we called home, my boys told their grandma that the thing they liked best about the Yacht Club was housekeeping! Every day when we got back to our room, not only was it immaculate, but we had assorted animals in the room made out of towels and washcloths! A bunny held Mickey toothpaste and toothbrushes for the boys....A dog with floppy ears sat on the TV...I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that each day we left our home-made Mousekeeping tip envelopes decorated by the kids.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

:wave:

If trays are in the hallway, all you have to do is call the room service number and tell them where the trays are! I did that once and they were gone in 20 minutes. Now I do it all the time. They seem to appreciate knowing where they are.

Sorry to hear that some of you had a less-than desireable experience. We found Mouskeeping at YC great last year. We'll be there in two weeks, and I'll bring back an update. If anything doesn't seem right (ants, etc.) we will definitely say something. It is important to remember that they are human too, and like in our jobs we have days that are busier and worse than others, and in hotel operations it is the same.

Originally posted by Spark
We stayed at the Yacht Club in May of this year and when we called home, my boys told their grandma that the thing they liked best about the Yacht Club was housekeeping! Every day when we got back to our room, not only was it immaculate, but we had assorted animals in the room made out of towels and washcloths! A bunny held Mickey toothpaste and toothbrushes for the boys....A dog with floppy ears sat on the TV...I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that each day we left our home-made Mousekeeping tip envelopes decorated by the kids.
We had a similar experience the last time we stayed at the YC! We too, always leave "personalized" mousekeeping envelopes printed off the internet and then tied to Disney helium balloons! We used the balloons for ALL communications with MK, (they LAST and LAST!) and on the last day, we tied the balloons to a bouquet of flowers, with a gift certificate and some other $$$! She was so overwhelmed, she cried. :sad: *(Tears of joy!!)

During our visit she took the time to share intimate details of her life, explaining she was a single-mom trying to create a "normal" & stable home life for her children. She even shared with us the ages/names of her two children, and how she had been trying desperately to save enough extra to take them to the beach for a weekend. It just seemed to be more difficult than she imagined, as there was always something happening (washing machine broke, then the car needed transmission work...etc) which would EMPTY the BEACH SAVINGS JAR! The gift certificate contained a "two-eve stay" at a resort on the beach she mentioned (we had concierge arrange the details and we paid w/AMEX), with some spending $$$, all in a sand bucket with shovels, filled with summer flowers!! ::yes::

The best Part? She sent us a personal thank you, with a photo of her and her children on the beach...playing in the sand, with the BUCKET!! Now, that made ME cry!!! :sad: She wrote such a glowing letter, and made us all so happy we had gone to such lengths for her. I just know how VERY blessed we are to have all we do, and sometimes...it's nice to share. :hug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

My husband and I will be at the Yacht club in November. We have never been before. In fact I have not stayed on site since I was a kid and My husband has never been to WDW before.
We are staying at AKL for two nights and then over to YC for 5 nights. I'm so hoping we don't have the problems some of you have had. I'm now wondering if we should have just stayed at AKL the whole time. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.:(

YC isn't the only place housekeeping is horrible..it is horrible at every single disney resort. I don't know what the head of housekeeping is thinking..but, they need to be retrained, then retrain the maids or get rid of the whole batch of people and start over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter