Fridges at the Mods

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
Will the freezer sections in the fridges at the mods freeze a bottle of water? Or at least partially freeze one? I was hoping to take cold water into the parks with me.

TIA,
Kim

There are no freezer compartments in the fridges. We turned our fridge up as high as it would go and the water bottles that were touching the back of our fridge froze a bit. The milk cartons that were touching the back froze solid.

Id lean towards no. Its more of a cooler then a fridge or freezer
I can't understand what you mean by this. A cooler is an insulated box that maintains a temperature, meaning if you put ice into it, it will keep the stuff on ice cooler than if you just left the stuff out on the floor. A cooler doesn't run on electricity, and can't "cool" something on its own ... it needs something else to provide the actual lowering-the-temperature process, such as ice. The ice will eventually melt, and the inside temperature of the cooler will rise.

But the thing in the room is an actual refrigerator, a thing that creates a lower temperature (you don't need to add ice). It's plugged into the wall, etc.

I think that its misleading to tell someone that it's only a cooler.

We stayed at CBR a couple weeks ago and our water bottles started to freeze. I guess it depends on how well the fridge is working.

Get a bucket of ice and put your water bottles in the ice, then the bucket in the refrigerator....it may still not freeze solid, but it will definitely be colder than just refrigerator.

Also...remember that you can take your refrigerator cold bottle into the park and when it's empty, or warm, just go to any counter service and ask for ice water....and dump that into your bottle.

Okay maybe cooler isnt the right word but ours at CBR and CSR did not freeze anything and barely kept things cold so Id compare it to a cooler

Actually, when we were at CSR last month, our friends "fridge" did not work and they had to have it replaced (DBF is on insulin). When they called to report it and have it looked at, the staff actually called them "coolers."

Hey CleveRocks, we had a problem with our fridge when we were @ POFQ last month. We called to report it. A maintenance man was @ our room fairly quickly. He looked at it and said it was fine. We questioned why nothing was even remotely cool after 6 hours. He said that the bottles of water we had shipped to the resort were "hot" and would take a long time to COOL. ( yeah real hot...been @ room temp since shipped.) He replied that the black plugged in box really wasn't a refrigerator, that it was a COOLER. HUH? Like you...if it plugs in and all printed resort material from Disney itself refer to the plugged in box in our room as a REFRIGERATOR ...I want things at least a little cold. He made made some kind of adjustment and said again that it was only a COOLER, and would keep things cool. I was worried about milk. He said to put it on the top shelf. Where the dial normally is in refrigerators like this there was a flat plastic disk so we could not adjust temp. So he left, we put things on the top shelf and we left the wood furniture door the COOLER was housed in ajar. This helped a little, but things never got what I would call cool. We decided not to store milk. Maybe all the maintenance people are now being told to call the fridges coolers so they don't have to fix it! Disney needs to either fix these and buy better ones. Oh and maybe start calling them COOLERS...yep, that'll help sell the Mods and Deluxes...you get a COOLER in your room!!!:rotfl2:
In spite of this...we had a GREAT time @ POFQ and booked the bounceback maybe we'll get a better COOLER next time!!!;)

Thanks for the report ScrappinGran ... very disconcerting, to say the least.

When I got to our room at POFQ, I, too, was disappointed that the fridge didn't feel like it was cold enough. I believe mine had a dial, so I cranked it up. A few days later, we noticed a large chunk of ice inside our half-gallon of milk, as well as a large chunk of ice inside our 2-liter soda bottle.

If I were you, I'd write to WDW Guest Communications and ask for clarification of the matter. I'd state your experience (including the exact words the guy used) and ask how they reconcile that with their use of the word "refrigerator" in their printed and online info.

Let us know how that goes, please.:hippie:

Last year, our fridge at the CBR didn't seem to be cooling well enough so we called maintenance. They came within twenty minutes and brough another fridge with them. The plugged it up and left the other one in the cabinet. The maintenance guy told us that sometimes the fridges don't work well because they are enclosed in the cabinet.

So, we left the door to the refrigerator cabinet open all the time. The fridge started cooling very well then.

We ended up with two refrigerators which was fine with us 'cause we had brought along colas and water from home.

So will the "coolers" hold gallon milk or just little bottles of milk??? We have 2 year old twins that will need milk so thought I'd have some delivered??

So will the "coolers" hold gallon milk or just little bottles of milk??? We have 2 year old twins that will need milk so thought I'd have some delivered??

I think it probably would if you took out the shelf. You'd probably be better off getting the half gallons.

We had a small fridge at POR. No freezer compartment. It was not a "cooler".

It depends upon
. . . how well the fridge insulation is
. . . how low the thermostat can be set
. . . how well the refrigerant is charged
. . . how good the karma of the guest is
. . . how the moon is phased

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter