Freshwater Oasis Update -- Info from Guest relations.

cinderellamom123

Mouseketeer
Here is a response to my inquiry asking when Freshwater Oasis would be open

Hi Wendy,
We still haven't been told an opening date, but I know that they are getting the animals acclimated to their habitat, so it has to be soon. Keep your fingers crossed that this silly Tropical Storm doesn't bring weather delays to the project...

I do think you will be fine with an August 5 date though. It just can't take that much longer!

So it sounds pretty soon!

I hope so! Our visit is August 21st. It's our first visit so I guess it's not the end of the world if it's not open yet as there will be plenty to do still...but I have been talking it up to the kids when I first learned about it and I know we will be disappointed if it's not open yet :( PLEASE LET IT BE OPEN LOL!!!!!

Hmmmm, I sent an inquiry on Sunday and my reply was not so encouraging :(. I much prefer everyone elses replies!

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with world-class customer service!

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to assist with planning your visit! At this time, a firm date for the opening of the Freshwater Oasis has not been given. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause with your travel plans. Our team is working hard to finalize construction and make sure the experience is perfect for our guests and animals. However, we unfortunately, do not have a specific opening date. We will extend an offer to cancel your reservation if you wish and will waive the cancellation penalty so it is of no cost to you.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Brian | Guest Relations

Discovery Cove, Orlando
6000 Discovery Cove Way | Orlando, FL 32821
O. 407-370-1427 | F. 407-370-1352
DCO-GuestRelations@DiscoveryCove.com

Hmmmm, I sent an inquiry on Sunday and my reply was not so encouraging :(. I much prefer everyone elses replies!

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with world-class customer service!

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to assist with planning your visit! At this time, a firm date for the opening of the Freshwater Oasis has not been given. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause with your travel plans. Our team is working hard to finalize construction and make sure the experience is perfect for our guests and animals. However, we unfortunately, do not have a specific opening date. We will extend an offer to cancel your reservation if you wish and will waive the cancellation penalty so it is of no cost to you.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Brian | Guest Relations

Discovery Cove, Orlando
6000 Discovery Cove Way | Orlando, FL 32821
O. 407-370-1427 | F. 407-370-1352
DCO-GuestRelations@DiscoveryCove.com

What are the dates you are going?

ha! ha! They really should get their story straight at guest relations.......
I sent an e-mail and got the following response....
" Whilst there is no firm date for the opening of Freshwater Oasis, if I had to guess I would say that you will be safe with a visit the second week of July. Construction was delayed due to the rain we have had but it won't be much longer now"

Go figure???
Debsx:rotfl:

Deb, I like your answer! Interesting to know that one previous poster was told they could actually get a refund with no penalty. I cut and pasted that response into my information file in case we ever changed our minds. It is all a matter of who you talk to I guess. I really feel for everyone who made reservations under the assumption the oasis would be open. You got to figure, although there is a lot of great stuff to do, (reef, stingray pool, aviary, lazy river) and the dolphin swim if you pay for it, people who bought the tickets to go to the oasis are out 1/5 of their entertainment value. Hopefully, it seems very soon.

On another note, if the Marmosets (sp monkeys) are above you in the oasis, what is to prevent, ahhhhh bodily fluids from dropping down underneath? Sorry if TMI but just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter