Frequent Flyer Info

Donnask8pro

DIS Veteran
Mom has suggested we use her FF miles. BUT, OMG How hard is it to figure out. She has 50,000. Expecting more in March. Does that get anyone to FL? Looked like I needed 300,000 to fly 4 adults and 2 kids. No idea how many it needs. Anyone? Thanks

What airline are you flying? With USAirways for a coach ticket is 25,000. I suggest checking out www.flyertalk.com for ways to get miles and buy tickets. Go to the miles and points forums.

Number of miles needed varies from airline to airline, it is typically 25,000 for seats in limited quantity and 50,000 for dates of your choice, within the 48 contiguous United States and sometimes Canada.

The hassle will come if you pick even moderately popular dates. Your request for seats at 25,000 miles can be rejected even if the plane seems empty from a seat chart that the airline may or may not provide.

Occasionally a family ends up splitting up on different flights to find enough "cheap seats".

Most frequent flyers will buy tickets if the purchase price is less than $400., preferring to save the miles for what would be more expensive trips.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

It depends on the price of the tickets whether it is worth it to use ff miles. USAirways is pretty good at getting award tickets.

We had 171,000 airline miles from American Airlines, so we thought we were flying for free to Orlando for our May trip. However, when I looked up the flights for the cheap reward seats (25,000 miles per person), there was NOTHING available for us:(((( But, you can buy a seat that costs 50,000 miles and then you can fly anywhere. That meant we had to buy 2 other tickets since there are 5 of us. That was going to be $850 to get decent flights.

So, my hubby and I started doing some research. For some odd reason, the flights to Jacksonville had lots of open seats for our reward miles... So, we decided to fly to Jacksonville for free and rent a car. Long story, but we are now staying an extra night on the beach before we head to Disney World. Plus, we converted some of our air miles to Hilton Honor points and we get to stay the night on the beach for free also:) So, it pays to be creative:) We are so excited:)

Michiele

I just booked mine through AA, but since Orlando is a HOT SPOT, the seats will be gone at the 25,000 price. You have to call the 33O days out, or you most likely won't get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter