French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

Hi there,

Joining in for your review of AKL...I’ve just upgraded to that resort and looking forward to hearing about it on your stay.

Great Epcot day though wowsers on the lines and sea of people at bag check!

Looking forward to reading more.
Tanz :wizard:

May 2, 2019
THE SLINKY DOG DUMP

Moving on…sorry, this trip report is moving much slower than I'd like!

I left off as we were leaving EPCOT out a back entrance and into a couple of private vans that were waiting to take us to our next destination…Hollywood Studios.

Just a quick note about the weather this day…it rained on and off all morning but we were lucky enough to be in transit or having lunch when the heavy rains came. On our way to DHS, it was raining fairly heavily but by the time we walked in the back entrance, the sun started to shine once again. It's a good thing too because we all had one destination in mind at DHS...

We got to ride SDD not once, but TWICE! I believe the plan was to ride once and then split up so some of us could go on TOT, but when the people who were actually going on TOT caught wind that the alternative was to just ride SDD again, we all voted to just do that! Wouldn't you think it would have been harder to get almost 20 people to agree?? It wasn't at all!

Before heading out of TSL, we took this group shot...

I thought it was a cute photo until we were looking at it later and Liesa, @Steppesister, commented that it looks like she was taking a Slinky Dog Dump 💩😂 Of course, now that's all I see when I look at this picture!

Bowels emptied, we walked back to our vans and much to our surprise and delight, our guides started handing out snacks and water! We appreciated this so much since it was nearing noon and we had been going, going, going and were all getting pretty hungry. Perhaps that was why we had gotten so silly over Liesa's dump. No, it was actually just really funny :rotfl:

We climbed back into our vans and headed to AK, enjoying our snacks along the way.

Where would we possibly head to first at AK? I'm sure you can't guess :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Hi there,

Joining in for your review of AKL...I’ve just upgraded to that resort and looking forward to hearing about it on your stay.

Great Epcot day though wowsers on the lines and sea of people at bag check!

Looking forward to reading more.
Tanz :wizard:

:welcome:

Thanks for reading!

I wish I had more of a review of AKL for you. Being that we were only there for two nights, I didn't spend a whole lot of time there aside from showering and sleeping.

Last year, my DH and I stayed over at Jambo House in a standard view that looked out over the pool that was under refurbishment at the time. Having moved there from The Poly, we were disappointed, even though we knew what we were in for and had booked that room for not very many points.

This time around, Liesa and I stayed in Kidani in a Savanna View room. I personally liked the feel of Kidani better and there is no question the view from this room was MUCH better than what we had last time. I'm not sure if you're staying DVC, but this was the first time I've actually slept on the pull-out some bed and it was actually really comfortable.

After last year's stay, I had no desire to stay at AKL ever again, but after this one, I have changed my mind, but I would really only stay there if I had a Savanna view.

I hope that helps! I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip!

May 2, 2019
THE EVER-ELUSIVE BAOBAB TREE

Where else would we be headed in AK on a VIP tour?
Pandora...

I'm sure that's to the surprise of no one.

While driving to AK, our guide told us that we would stop for lunch after we rode FOP.
As much as we were loving getting from ride to ride so quickly,
and despite having the little snack on the way there, I think we were all happy
because we were getting super hungry!
In the van on the way to AK, we all put in our Mobile Orders for Satu'li Canteen
and as we got off FOP we submitted it to say we were ready.
By the time we got down the stairs and into Satu'li Canteen, all of our meals were ready and waiting for us. The timing worked out perfectly.

Sorry, I didn't get any food pics or pics in the restaurant, but I sat with the lovely Billie @Elevationist and Sarah @IowaTater, which was nice because I hadn't really had a chance to get to know them yet.
Little did I know that we would be seeing a LOT of each other over the next few days…mostly at a crowd favorite, Geyser Point ::yes::

Before heading off to our next attraction, the Nurses in our group decided to take a group photo together :hug:

Bellies full, we headed to Kilimanjaro Safari, where we had a rousing good time :rotfl2:

Like, seriously, the best safari ever!
Not because of the guide, but because of all these amazing people I had just met!

As we were loading, I kind of mentioned that I was happy I got the right side of the truck because that's where all the good stuff is…like the Baobab Tree.
Yes, pretty much anything worth seeing is on the left but I was super happy to have a good shot of this...

:rotfl2:

We all got a good chuckle out of this! @Lesley Wake was kind enough to capture this photo of me capturing the photo of the ever-elusive Baobab Tree :goodvibes

I'm sure people were wondering what the heck was so funny about this ride, but I think we were all starting to loosen up and just had the best time!

And never fear, I did get a picture of an actual animal on "my" side of the truck. Behold, a Rhino butt...

Our time was running out as we only had our guides for about another 30 minutes or so after we were done with the safari. But instead of just dumping us off and telling us we were on our own,
they brought us to our fourth and final park of the day, the MK.
And even though I think our time had officially ended, they led us through a back gate and onto
Seven Dwarves Mine Train.
Before getting on, I asked the guide I had spent most of the day with, John, for a picture.

He was so awesome in every way! You could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy. Cast Members throughout every park knew him and would stop to talk to him. He was also very knowledgeable about Disney and even stumped all of us "experts" on some Disney trivia.

And with that, we went on our final ride of this amazing VIP tour...

I cannot overstate how amazing this day way and how grateful I am to have gotten this opportunity
to go on a VIP tour since this will probably be the only time I will ever do this!
And I cannot think of a better way to have started this EPIC trip!

After that, our group kind of dispersed. Some had headaches and wanted to go rest. Others had plans at different parks. I had no real plans so I decided to hang out in the MK where I would have the greatest character meet ever!

Of course we had to visit Pandora!

As much as we were loving getting from ride to ride so quickly,
and despite having the little snack on the way there, I think we were all happy
because we were getting super hungry!

I was so hungry by this point that I was worried about the ride on FOP. I tend to have worse motion sickness on an empty stomach for some reason. Luckily I was fine and didn't get sick all over someone in our group. :rotfl:

We all got a good chuckle out of this! @Lesley Wake was kind enough to capture this photo of me capturing the photo of the ever-elusive Baobab Tree

Awesome, "behind the TR" shot. ::yes::

Behold, a Rhino butt...

No Safari is complete without an animal butt of some kind or another.

We all got a good chuckle out of this! @Lesley Wake was kind enough to capture this photo of me capturing the photo of the ever-elusive Baobab Tree :goodvibes
Aww - Kelly's tree!

Moving on…sorry, this trip report is moving much slower than I'd like!
I totally get it.

Totally.
It's a good thing too because we all had one destination in mind at DHS...
Andy's Lunchbox?
We got to ride SDD not once, but TWICE!
Twice??? Lucky! Good for you guys!
but when the people who were actually going on TOT caught wind that the alternative was to just ride SDD again, we all voted to just do that!
::yes:: Easy decision!
I thought it was a cute photo until we were looking at it later and Liesa, @Steppesister, commented that it looks like she was taking a Slinky Dog Dump 💩😂 Of course, now that's all I see when I look at this picture!
:laughing: Seen it before... it's funny every time.
Bowels emptied,
:lmao:
Pandora...
Not ITTBAB?

:rolleyes:
In the van on the way to AK, we all put in our Mobile Orders for Satu'li Canteen
Love mobile order. Saves sooooo much time.
Before heading off to our next attraction, the Nurses in our group decided to take a group photo together :hug:
Seen that photo... and I really like it. Nurses are quite possibly the hardest working people I've ever met.
Bellies full, we headed to Kilimanjaro Safari, where we had a rousing good time :rotfl2:
Yay!
As we were loading, I kind of mentioned that I was happy I got the right side of the truck because that's where all the good stuff is…like the Baobab Tree.
Of for sure. Nothing is better than the Baobab tree.

:rolleyes1
@Lesley Wake was kind enough to capture this photo of me capturing the photo of the ever-elusive Baobab Tree :goodvibes
Thanks Lesley! That's great!
You guys were obviously having just way too much fun! :)
And never fear, I did get a picture of an actual animal on "my" side of the truck. Behold, a Rhino butt...
:rotfl:
He was also very knowledgeable about Disney and even stumped all of us "experts" on some Disney trivia.
Really!
I decided to hang out in the MK where I would have the greatest character meet ever!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Cast Members throughout every park knew him and would stop to talk to him. He was also very knowledgeable about Disney and even stumped all of us "experts" on some Disney trivia.

That's awesome! Sounds like a great day of VIP touring.

Do I spy you behind Liesa doing a slinky dog dump of your own?

Bowels emptied,
I see what you did right there 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩

and as we got off FOP we submitted it to say we were ready.
Wow, I cannot fathom 20 orders coming in all at once!

Sorry, I didn't get any food pics or pics in the restaurant, but I sat with the lovely Billie @Elevationist and Sarah @IowaTater, which was nice because I hadn't really had a chance to get to know them yet.
And I'm sure you had only the most appropriate conversation :earboy2:

Yes, pretty much anything worth seeing is on the left but I was super happy to have a good shot of this...
Beautiful, beautiful shot! I think you should frame this and hang it in your house.

And even though I think our time had officially ended, they led us through a back gate and onto
Seven Dwarves Mine Train.
That was so nice of them to do!!! And yes I'm still bitter >:(

Awww, look at us hot nurses.

What?! It was like 95 degrees out. We are hot!

Not because of the guide, but because of all these amazing people I had just met!

Such a great group of friends. I really loved this time with everyone!

At which point there was no living it down. ;)

I'm sure people were wondering what the heck was so funny about this ride, but I think we were all starting to loosen up and just had the best time!

I think you're right.... everyone was a lot more at ease and really having such a great time.

:lmao:

And I cannot think of a better way to have started this EPIC trip!

I can't either. Perfect in every way!

I'm such a trend setter! LOL!

Sounds like you had an amazing safari and you’re right...the people make the experience.

Of course a rhino butt had to feature :laughing:

Aaw glad your guide John made your day more memorable and looking forward to seeing what character you met at MK :goodvibes

I was so hungry by this point that I was worried about the ride on FOP. I tend to have worse motion sickness on an empty stomach for some reason. Luckily I was fine and didn't get sick all over someone in our group. :rotfl:

Oh, no! That would have been…unfortunate (I say as I try to remember where I sat in relation to you :rotfl:).

Following along!

What an amazing day!! Such a cool way to start the trip!

:welcome:

It really was an unforgettable experience!

Thanks for reading!

That was such an awesome day! I loved how we got to ride SDD twice. That was amazing!!!!

Yes, it really was!

This is adorable :))

It's so much fun reliving the tour with you all! I loved how we all just fell in with each other as such fast friends!

I know, I'm having fun reading about this trip in other people's reports too! :goodvibes

Seen that photo... and I really like it. Nurses are quite possibly the hardest working people I've ever met.

Aw, thanks 😊 I'm heading in for my fourth 12 hour shift in as many days and the last three days have been so, so, so awful in every way…as in I was literally crying on my way home just because it's been so stressful in there. I think I needed to hear this today ::yes::

Of for sure. Nothing is better than the Baobab tree.

A man of taste :thumbsup2

That's awesome! Sounds like a great day of VIP touring.

Perfect in every way :goodvibes

:rotfl: No one can do the Slinky Dog Dump as well as Liesa!

I see what you did right there 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩

Best part of the new boards :P

That was so nice of them to do!!! And yes I'm still bitter :(

I'm bitter too! At you! For not quitting your job and joining us!

Awww, look at us hot nurses.

What?! It was like 95 degrees out. We are hot!

:rotfl2:

Such a great group of friends. I really loved this time with everyone!

:love:

At which point there was no living it down. ;)

Nope! That was the Safari ride of shame for me :rotfl:

I'm such a trend setter! LOL!

You are!

Sounds like you had an amazing safari and you’re right...the people make the experience.

The safari is so hit or miss for me lately. This was the most fun ride ever!

Aw, thanks 😊 I'm heading in for my fourth 12 hour shift in as many days and the last three days have been so, so, so awful in every way…as in I was literally crying on my way home just because it's been so stressful in there. I think I needed to hear this today ::yes::
:(

I'm so sorry to hear that. No one should have to go home from work, crying. :(:(:(

:hug:

A man of taste :thumbsup2
:laughing:

The VIP tour sounds amazing!! I’m still astonished all your food orders came out together.
Disney cast members are some of the greatest people ever. Glad you had such a fun and knowledgeable tour guide

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter