French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

Just a rumor...surely you must've heard it too?
No! I had heard that the last section was going to be updated... not the whole ride removed!
The crowd had all gotten sucked up into the FoP black hole :laughing:
:laughing:
I wish I knew! You know I don't do dining reports and I never take notes...sorry! It looks like maybe we were over near UP, the Bird Show??Just wander around AK and ask for the chocolatiest thing around ;)
:laughing: Thanks! That should make it easy! :sad2:
"Get off the phone!" :rolleyes:
We rode single rider a couple of times, but managed to somehow always end up on the same trains...
Score. :)
She's got that pose down pat. :)

Dan always insists it rains every time we go to AK too! lol Although its always SO hot in AK that I usually prefer the rain to sun there haha

Rain or not, love AK!! Such a fun park.

I booked a Tony’s reservation for 2:15 in January. I am going to request the porch area!! We have watched the parade so many times and this will be a nice new perspective of it for us! Thanks for the idea.

No! I had heard that the last section was going to be updated... not the whole ride removed!

Phew! I hope you're right!

"Get off the phone!" :rolleyes:

I decided to go easy on them in WDW because I knew we were getting cut off soon while we were on the cruise ::yes::

Dan always insists it rains every time we go to AK too! lol Although its always SO hot in AK that I usually prefer the rain to sun there haha

I can handle this kind of rain there, but last year we were soaked to the skin. I really don't want to be in ANY park in that kind of rain!

[QUOTE="disneyAndi14, post: 61199008, member: 498904"]
Rain or not, love AK!! Such a fun park.
[/QUOTE]

I love it, too! Just looking back through my pictures makes me super excited to go back!

I booked a Tony’s reservation for 2:15 in January. I am going to request the porch area!! We have watched the parade so many times and this will be a nice new perspective of it for us! Thanks for the idea.

Yay! I hope you love it as much as we do!

This is the cutest pic of you and your mom. LOVE!

Thanks, Jenny! :lovestruc

APRIL 5, 2019
HARAMBE

We made our way over to the safari and had a decent ride.

I don't know who this guy thinks he's fooling, but he's going to need a bigger tree!

Afterwards, our danishes and doughnuts had started to wear off and we talked about where to go for lunch.
I would have really liked to go back to Satu'li Canteen but nobody felt like walking back there.
So instead, we decided to stop at Harambe Market and check out the menu.
To my surprise, they had a Chicken Bowl,
which is probably what I would have gotten over at Satu'li anyway.
And Nicholas and my mom both were just hungry and agreed to eat here.
Allie, well, Allie walked somewhere and got herself some fries . I know, @kastoney , I know :sad2:

My mom and I both ended up with the Chicken Bowl, and Nicholas got the Ribs Bowl...

After lunch we went into the UP bird show.
I love exotic birds so I really like this show, but not as much as I used to like Flights of Wonder.
The story in this show is just kind of annoying and distracting, but the birds are still cool.

While sitting there, I was able to make a FP for Dinosaur.
I think this must've been at Nicholas' request because none of the rest of us really like it.

My mom in this picture though :rotfl:
She was hanging on for dear life!
She even said after the ride that she hated the jerkiness of it.
So I think it's safe to say that it's a one and done for her.

It was only 1:30, but the pool was calling us.
I had thought we would stay until the nighttime show or even maybe go back later,
but nobody wanted to.

So long, Animal Kingdom...

And because I forgot to post the Photopass pic from our morning in Pandora...

Up next, our final afternoon at POFQ before our cruise.

Phew! I hope you're right!
I can't even imagine it being not there.
I decided to go easy on them in WDW because I knew we were getting cut off soon while we were on the cruise ::yes::
:laughing: That's okay. I find that Disney has plenty to distract kids from their phones... the few times they go on it, isn't a big deal.
We made our way over to the safari and had a decent ride.
This kinda makes me chuckle. Can you imagine being anywhere else in the world and you're driving along and giraffes are right outside your window... and you say. "it was a decent ride."
I don't know who this guy thinks he's fooling, but he's going to need a bigger tree!
:rotfl:
My mom and I both ended up with the Chicken Bowl, and Nicholas got the Ribs Bowl...
How were those?
Those look like Mr. Kamal's fries.
After lunch we went into the UP bird show.
I love exotic birds so I really like this show, but not as much as I used to like Flights of Wonder.
I haven't seen the new show, but I've heard similar sentiment.
While sitting there, I was able to make a FP for Dinosaur.
I think this must've been at Nicholas' request because none of the rest of us really like it.
"Let's go on Dinosaur!"
"No."
"No way."
"Nope."
"Okay! That's settled then. We're going!"
My mom in this picture though :rotfl:
Aww, your poor mom!
She even said after the ride that she hated the jerkiness of it.
So I think it's safe to say that it's a one and done for her.
Maybe... juuuuust, maybe.

I love a day that includes multiple rides on Everest! :love:

Your meals at Harambe Market look pretty good! I don't know that I've seen any recent reviews from there, so it's nice to know about another spot to grab food!

It's too bad you didn't end up returning to AK. That park has really grown on me in the last few trips and I think it's my second favorite behind MK.

That's okay. I find that Disney has plenty to distract kids from their phones... the few times they go on it, isn't a big deal.

This is so true. And honestly, I'm on my phone too while I stand in line ::yes::

This kinda makes me chuckle. Can you imagine being anywhere else in the world and you're driving along and giraffes are right outside your window... and you say. "it was a decent ride."

We're so spoiled!

How were those?

Duh...I forgot to say. I really enjoyed it. It was just as good as Satu'li without walking all the way back there.

Those look like Mr. Kamal's fries.

I think you're right, minus any fixins, of course. She got them last year too.

Let's go on Dinosaur!"
"No."
"No way."
"Nope."
"Okay! That's settled then. We're going!"

:rotfl:

Yup. Pretty much :goodvibes

I think we feel bad sometimes that he's the only male so we let him decide on a few things.

I love a day that includes multiple rides on Everest! :love:

That single rider line is the BEST!

Your meals at Harambe Market look pretty good! I don't know that I've seen any recent reviews from there, so it's nice to know about another spot to grab food!

We really enjoyed it. I will say, it was hard to grab a table but with four of us, we were able to and had a seat by the time our food was ready.

It's too bad you didn't end up returning to AK. That park has really grown on me in the last few trips and I think it's my second favorite behind MK.

We love it too! But we have never made it all day there for some reason :confused3

Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals and although I was slightly disappointed with mine,
I will definitely be back to Tony's.

Just as we were finishing our meals, the parade reached Town Square.
It's so relaxing to sit and watch from a nice, shaded porch.
Great idea!
This will give you an idea of the view from Tony's...
Perfect!
I can never hit a thing in here…I have no idea what I'm shooting at.
So even though I know the secrets about what to shoot at, I always do poorly.
On the other hand, I shared the secrets with Nicholas once and of course...
I am hopeless at those games (both Buzz and TSMM). My boys do super well though. Does Nicholas game? I think that can be part of their success.
COP is definitely an old favorite and a must-do for us each trip.
Plus, with rumors swirling that it might be going away, I need to enjoy it while I can.
EEEK, no! I really hope nothing happens to CoP except for a little freshening up.
And we walked though the castle to check out some of this beautiful mural :lovestruc
I can't remember if it was the KTTK tour or the MTTMK tour that talked about this mural,
but I've been wanting to get a closer look ever since.
It was on the MTTMK tour, I remember being told about the gold leaf on their and tributes to imagineers that designed the park.
Once everyone got moving again, we completely lost sight of the kids
and my mom and I leisurely strolled into Pandora.
For anyone who's never done this, this pic was taken at 8:29 am..
Nice!
While everyone else went to ride FoP, my mom and I walked straight to NRJ, because why not?
Of course!
Well, maybe not a hearty breakfast, but delicious nonetheless.
So delicious! :)
We finally made it over to Asia, where Allie lined up the shot perfectly...
Yes, she did!
Looks good!
It was only 1:30, but the pool was calling us.
I had thought we would stay until the nighttime show or even maybe go back later,
but nobody wanted to.
Pool afternoons are the best. :goodvibes

My boys do super well though. Does Nicholas game? I think that can be part of their success.

Yes, I'm sure that's it ::yes::

It was on the MTTMK tour, I remember being told about the gold leaf on their and tributes to imagineers that designed the park.

Thank you :goodvibes

I knew we learned about it on one of those tours :thumbsup2

This can happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:faint:

Oops...this is a closely guarded secret that I'm sure your wife and daughters don't want me telling you :rotfl2:

APRIL 5, 2019
BON VOYAGE!

Back at the resort, we changed into our bathing suits and hung around the pool for a bit.
I also threw in a couple loads of laundry since we would be gone for another week
and I wanted to start the cruise with mostly clean clothes.
I think this makes me weird, but having the least amount of dirty laundry
when we come home from vacation is always my goal.
This is easy when we stay DVC because even if we're in a studio, the washers and dryers are free.
Having the washer and dryer right in the room in a 1-Bedroom is like a dream come true for me :cloud9:

The washers and dryers at POFQ are conveniently located right near the pool area
and there were plenty of them.
Since we had already decided to just relax at the resort,
I was able to just throw in a couple loads and sit by the pool while they washed, etc.

Lucky for you, I did not take pictures of the laundry room ;)

However, I did take lots of pics around POFQ that day. We were just really loving it here :love:

Our building, Number 2. We were all the way at the end which is still a very short walk from everything.

We ended up getting dinner right at the resort and then poked around a bit in the gift shop.

It was such a gorgeous evening and on our way back to the room I took these photos...

I think it was at this moment that I knew I had to come back and stay here again.

And if everything works out, we will be there soon!
I have my mom, Allie, my great-niece and myself booked there for a week next October!
This will be my niece's first trip to WDW and we are all so excited to bring her.
She has been obsessed lately with Frozen and loves singing all the songs
and is already planning to go see Frozen 2 at the theater when it comes out.
She will be so much fun to bring to WDW next year if it all works out :cool1:

We went back to the room and started packing up. We are always super sad to be leaving WDW :sad::sad::sad:
But not this time!

The WDW portion of our trip was ending , but we were all so excited because the next day we would be boarding the Fantasy for a 7-night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean :banana: 🚢⚓🏝

If you care to sail along with us, I'd love to have you all join me for that portion of our trip.
But I think I'm going to put it over on the cruise trip report page because that just makes more sense.

When I get it going, I'll come post the link here.

Until then, Bon Voyage! Thanks for reading and sharing your comments!

I love this too. That's why it's always nice to do St Pete after Disney because I can do laundry at Joe's parent's condo anytime!!!!

I think it was at this moment that I knew I had to come back and stay here again.
I LOVE this resort Kelly!!! We are staying here again in January!!!!

We love POFQ, such a lovely quiet resort and one of the nicest as far as size goes!

I am excited to hear about your cruise. I want to do a Disney Cruise in the next couple years and I love to hear about them!

I like your laundry theory, I wash everything when I get home and I dread it!!

Oops...this is a closely guarded secret that I'm sure your wife and daughters don't want me telling you :rotfl2:
:lmao:
Back at the resort, we changed into our bathing suits and hung around the pool for a bit.
I also threw in a couple loads of laundry since we would be gone for another week
Not a bad way to do it. Relax while the machine does its stuff.
No. I get it. I typically will wait until I'm home, but... it sure makes for an unpleasant welcome home, you know?
And... instead of doing whites and then colours/darks... you can do them all at the same time by using more than one machine.
Having the washer and dryer right in the room in a 1-Bedroom is like a dream come true for me :cloud9:
I actually considered getting a 1-bedroom just for that... but couldn't justify the cost, just for a washer/dryer that I might not even use.
Lucky for you, I did not take pictures of the laundry room ;)
However, I did take lots of pics around POFQ that day. We were just really loving it here :love:
It's such a nice resort, isn't it? :)
Our building, Number 2. We were all the way at the end which is still a very short walk from everything.
And there's not too many resorts you can say that!
It was such a gorgeous evening and on our way back to the room I took these photos...
Love the lighting. :)
I have my mom, Allie, my great-niece and myself booked there for a week next October!
Yay!
We went back to the room and started packing up. We are always super sad to be leaving WDW :sad::sad::sad:
But not this time!
:laughing: Okay!
When I get it going, I'll come post the link here.
Good! I'll follow along. :)

POFQ is my favorite moderate - the compact size and pretty grounds . Looking forward to the cruise portion next

Stop all this dang posting so I don't fall so far behind :P

COP is definitely an old favorite and a must-do for us each trip.
Plus, with rumors swirling that it might be going away, I need to enjoy it while I can.
WHAT????? I had not heard this and it better just be a rumor. Casey would be on a plane leading the protests the minute they announce this.

1571750301462.png

I don't love Starbucks, but I absolutely love these mugs.
I'm with ya in the Starbucks club (shh don't tell Steve) which is why I never even knew this mug existed. Love it!

When we stopped at the holding point, I could see spot Nicholas in the crowd ahead of us...
Can you see him?
This is like some kind of demented backwards Where's Waldo :P

Hey I know the jacket!

We got just the type of hearty breakfast you'd expect at Disney...
What in the world is that????? Certainly doesn't look like breakfast, but I'm not even sure its food

Allie, well, Allie walked somewhere and got herself some fries . I know, @kastoney , I know :sad2:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well last least she got her fries from Mr. Kamals and not Restaurantasaurus

She was hanging on for dear life!
Oh your poor Mom. She looks like she's actually riding Everest instead of Dinosaur

Yes this makes you weird. My goal is to never do laundry on vacation. There is nothing that looks like housework on vacation :P

SAY WHA....?????!!!!!

And we walked though the castle to check out some of this beautiful mural :lovestruc
I can't remember if it was the KTTK tour or the MTTMK tour that talked about this mural,
but I've been wanting to get a closer look ever since.

I'd be very curious to know WHAT they said! Do you remember?

Back at the resort, we changed into our bathing suits and hit the pool for a little bit to relax.
I think the discussion came up about whether or not we should go to DS or even go see Yee-Haw Bob over at POR but everyone was comfortable and just wanted to hang out and so that's just what we did :goodvibes

I love that Disney offers so many options!

I wore those shoes all summer and whenever anyone comments on them,
it brings me back to that rainy day in AK.

sigh.. such a cool memory.

We also took advantage of there literally being nobody else around to take some pics...

That is the perfect setting to take photos- empty parks!

I took a pic of the only thing on the whole ride worth taking a picture of...

LOL! I think the whole ride is pretty cool and have taken loads of photos, but they never really seem to turn out very well.

so we met up with them and decided to grab some breakfast and coffee close by
I LOVE the breakfast sandwiches at Kusafiri's but your breakfast looks like a sweeter proposition!

To my surprise, they had a Chicken Bowl,

Oh!

...but sadly, it doesn't look quite as good as the Satuli one.

The story in this show is just kind of annoying and distracting, but the birds are still cool.

Agreed. I took it in this trip and also preferred the old one. This one was just... cheesy. But... same birds and just as cool!

YES!!

I really need to stay there again. I adore this resort!

And if everything works out, we will be there soon!

YAY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter