French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

APRIL 3, 2019
PHOTOPASS DUMP (DIFFERENT FROM THE SLINKY DOG DUMP, @Steppesister :P)

Before I get too far away from TSL, I forgot that most of our Photopass pictures actually came out this time. This was a first for me. Clearly, none of us knew where the cameras were...

I think the late night/early morning was catching up to my mom and she decided to take a nap :rotfl:

There were a couple more but we were split in different cars so I won't post them all.

I believe all in all we got on SDD 4 times during EMM and then once with our FP later.
We could have gotten another one or two squeezed in but the kids were all set.

These came out cute, but I think we were dying trying to keep our eyes opened...

And my favorite :love:
Pictures like this one remind me why we go and want to go back again and again.
(It also reminds me that there is no replacing a real-life photo pass photographer, but that's a different story >:()

I guess the kids did eventually get on RnRC, but it looks like they did single-rider...

Disney Springs up next!

Last edited:
APRIL 3, 2019
NO AVOIDING THE VOID

After some rest, we walked down to the boat dock to head to Disney Springs...

This boat ride just sealed the deal for my newfound love of POFQ.
What a lovely way to travel :love:

While on the ride, I was telling Nicholas about The VOID…
All I really knew was that it was virtual reality and had something to do with Star Wars.
He's been a huge SW fan since he's been 5 years old so I figured whatever it was, he would like it.
I also sometimes feel bad when he has to travel with just us girls,
so sometimes I try to throw in stuff he might like to do.
Of course, he said he wanted to do it so we booked it online and then headed there first at DS,
while Grammy Allie hit up some shops.

I won't say too much about it, except that it was really way cooler than I thought it would be…
even for an old mama like myself.
The only negative part was that we were the only two people in our experience
and I think it's really meant for up to 8 people.
There was some stuff that wasn't quite right with just two people,
but overall, a very cool experience.
I would do it again and I think we will when we go next July.

After blasting our way through the galaxy, we were getting kind of hungry.
We all decided on pizza and headed to Blaze,
but when I got there, it didn't look at all appetizing to me
so I left them and went over to D-Luxe Burger by myself.

They ended up finishing before me so they came over to "keep me company…"
:rotfl:

That picture cracks me up, and it is so like them to have the exact same face in pictures at times...

We poked around the shops a bit after dinner…Nicholas humored me and tried this on...
my 2019 High School Graduate :goodvibes

Before we headed back to POFQ, we hit up Goofy's, which is kind of a tradition for us...

enhance

enhance

Clearly, Allie beat us back to the room :wave2: but I strolled along with my mom and enjoyed the evening.

enhance

We were all pretty exhausted,
and with a fairly early morning planned the next day,
we decided to call it a night!

With only two full days left, we needed to cram in as much as we could!
So where did we go?
That's up next!

Attachments

• 1569508173350.png
    1569508173350.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I love the Void! I made my brother book it when he went and he loved it so much he drove to Toronto with friends to do it! lol I think the max is 4 people, Dan and I actually didn't like being with other people in ours haha it was hard to tell who was who! The Wreck It Ralph one is fun too!

(It also reminds me that there is no replacing a real-life photo pass photographer, but that's a different story :()
This is absolutely the best. Pure happiness :lovestruc

I completely agree that these are the types of things I will miss at the greets that have been replaced with boxes 😭 I do hope Disney reconsiders that awful mistake!

:love: the picture of you guys in TSL. 100% agreed that a box can't capture these memories the same way.

I was shocked I enjoyed The Void as much as I did. I agree that it felt like we couldn't do the whole mission with only 2 people but also I wouldn't have wanted to be paired with random people either lol

Ahh such nice pictures!

I agree on how nice the boat ride to DS is, very relaxing!

I’m glad you liked the Void. I know my son, Jack, would love it! Maybe someday he will come back with us!

What a lovely picture of your family! I was so sad to hear about the Photopass photographers - all the pictures (that I can be in!) is one of my favorite things at Disney World. I hope they reconsider, but I don't know that they will as it would certainly be cheaper to use more boxes. :sad:

You had a very full day! I hope you were able to get a full night's rest as I'm sure you were exhausted!

Great picture ❤ love that we can still have these moments even though our kids are older.
Even though we don't stay moderate that often FQ is definitely my favorite and the boat ride is part of the reason. A boat is my preferred mode of travel anywhere I can take it in Disney!

This is why its our favorite mod too. I like the look and feel of CBR better but you can't beat that boat and only having 1 bus stop

but overall, a very cool experience.
I would do it again and I think we will when we go next July.
I wanted to do this with Casey, but you had to be 10 for some reason :confused3

That picture cracks me up, and it is so like them to have the exact same face in pictures at times...
This is hilarious!!!!! I guess some things never really change

I think the max is 4 people, Dan and I actually didn't like being with other people in ours haha it was hard to tell who was who!

Good to know! I thought it was unusual that we didn't have more people in there, but maybe that's a normal thing. Now what am I going to do in July when there are 5 of us??

The Wreck It Ralph one is fun too!

Is that also in DS? I'll have to check it out!

I completely agree that these are the types of things I will miss at the greets that have been replaced with boxes 😭 I do hope Disney reconsiders that awful mistake!

I think they might have! I just read that real photographers are back with Mickey in Town Square. :thumbsup2 🥰

I agree that it felt like we couldn't do the whole mission with only 2 people but also I wouldn't have wanted to be paired with random people either lol

Yea, I guess it could be weird if the other people are super annoying. Is it weird that I'm kind of thinking the same thing about being on the Skyliner with strangers?? I keep thinking, "but what if they smell?" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter