French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

May 3, 2019
HAPPILY EVER AFTER AT GEYSER POINT

More room pics...
Our view from Room 1009, looking straight...

and to the right...

I was in the room relaxing and waiting for Kari, thinking she would come drop off her luggage in there, when I got a text from her saying she was in Territory Lounge with everyone so I headed over there...

They had started the party without me, I guess!

After a couple drinks and some snacks, we all went over to Geyser Point
where we were meeting up with most of the people from the EPIC trip...

What a crew! I know some people are missing from this photo because people came and went throughout the evening, but it was just a great evening and so much fun getting to know everyone!

We even got a glimpse of HEA...

I don't even remember what time we headed back, I'm sure it was much later than my usual bedtime! Kari and I chatted a little bit and I was relieved to find out that not only was she NOT a psycho who was going to murder me in my sleep, but she was, in fact, a really awesome person who I was excited to spend the next few days with!

Last edited:
We got over to Pandora and were just relaxing while walking around so @Jenny Sanders and Joe could put their hands in any holes they came across. We stopped to take a selfie and got totally photobombed...
I'm telling you, the holes are a thing!!!!:smooth:

This was Jenny's second time EVER riding it and I think she loved it...at least she was laughing as we exited 😆
LOVED it!!!!!!

The amazing Kari, @kastoney is just as much fun in person as she is here on the boards!
That she is!!!! I can't wait to see her Saturday!!!!

Kari would later put this shower cap to good use...
Fav pic of the entire trip!!!!

When a pretzel is as big as your head, you know it's going to be good!

Wow that really is a giant pretzel!

They looked adorable and she managed okay without me, but my heart hurt a little not being there.

She looks gorgeous and her dress is beautiful!

and to the right...

That's a gorgeous view and sounds like a great room location. I hope to stay at WL someday soon.

What a crew! I know some people are missing from this photo because people came and went throughout the evening, but it was just a great evening and so much fun getting to know everyone!

We even got a glimpse of HEA...

Sounds like a fantastic and relaxing night.

I'm telling you, the holes are a thing!!!!:smooth:

And I will never look at them again without thinking of you, Jenny! :hug:

That she is!!!! I can't wait to see her Saturday!!!!

I'm so jealous of you all! Have an amazing trip!

She looks gorgeous and her dress is beautiful!

Thank you! :goodvibes

That's a gorgeous view and sounds like a great room location. I hope to stay at WL someday soon.

I would love to stay here again, especially since my DH keeps requesting it!

What the?? Where did that guy come from?!
:lmao:
Probably came to eat your left-overs.
Kari looks just a wee bit excited about her pretzel! :laughing:
When a pretzel is as big as your head, you know it's going to be good!
::yes::
Your DD is beautiful. I love that dress! Gorgeous!
They looked adorable and she managed okay without me, but my heart hurt a little not being there.
:hug:
Anyway, nothing like a turn on the best ride in WDW to get my mind off things, and we were soon boarding our Banshees for an amazing Flight Of Passage!
Love FoP! But soooo hard to get a FP for now!
This was Jenny's second time EVER riding it and I think she loved it...at least she was laughing as we exited 😆
That's a good sign. :)
I was also kind of nervous wondering if I'd like her as much in person as I do in her trip reports....Spoiler Alert...I did! The amazing Kari, @kastoney is just as much fun in person as she is here on the boards! But I'm getting ahead of myself...
Always a risk. "Okay... we'll meet, but if you have an axe in your hand, I'm leaving!"
Our view from Room 1009
Nice view!
I was in the room relaxing and waiting for Kari, thinking she would come drop off her luggage in there, when I got a text from her saying she was in Territory Lounge with everyone
Luggage, shmuggage. There's alcohol!
After a couple drinks and some snacks, we all went over to Geyser Point
where we were meeting up with most of the people from the EPIC trip...
Good sized group! That must've been fun!
Kari and I chatted a little bit and I was relieved to find out that not only was she NOT a psycho who was going to murder me in my sleep, but she was, in fact, a really awesome person who I was excited to spend the next few days with!
So... you're saying she fooled you.

:rolleyes1

I'm sure Kari would be just as excited about that pretzel as Ariane was in that picture, but she was still at work during this carousing!

Your DD is beautiful. I love that dress! Gorgeous!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Love FoP! But soooo hard to get a FP for now!

Oh boy, is something changing where it's even harder now to get a FP?

Luggage, shmuggage. There's alcohol!

Exactly! :drinking1

Hahaha for a second I considered canceling the rhino tour if it was going to make me smell! I've been there before though, First Aid sells fairly inexpensive (for Disney standards at least) deodorants. I normally carry mine with me but one time I forgot and of course it was the same day I forgot to put any on! It was Animal Kingdom too haha definitely not the park to be sans deodorant!!!

The trip seems like so much fun! Definitely bummed I missed it!

MAY 4, 2019
KISMET

The plan today was for our little group of six to meet up in the MK for some FPs, and then head to EPCOT to meet up with the whole EPIC group,many of whom were over at DHS for the May 4th activities.

But first, Ariane and Jenny and their respective husbands had breakfast plans in the MK,
so Kari and I went off on our own.

It was a beautiful morning...

Oddly enough, and totally unplanned, Kari and I were dressed almost exactly alike on this day. We both had on gray shirts with pink flowers and jean shorts which I don't have a great picture of, but it was kismet I tell you! We really hit it off despite having just met the night before!

We had a lovely boat ride over to the MK and were through the gates by 8:49 am when we noticed the old time trolley/bus was running. I don't recall whose idea it was to hop on, but hop on we did and had a great view of an early morning on Main Street, USA...

We saw these bushes and thought of Billie @Elevationist, who had been "admiring" them the day before :rotfl:

Ariane and Jenny were still at breakfast so Kari and I went over and rode the Haunted Mansion where they had just recently installed the new photo-op and nobody knew about just yet...
This picture! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Still having a little time to kill, we went Under The Sea with Ariel...

and then met up with everyone over at 7DMT where we used our FP...

and then went back to spend more time with the Happy Haunts...

We went in search of a little snack after this and while snacking,
I suggested we do something that as soon as it started, I almost instantly regretted!

That's next!

Last edited:
Hahaha for a second I considered canceling the rhino tour if it was going to make me smell!

No need! They smelled perfectly fine after their tour!

And in fact, they loved it and I'm going to book it for Mike and myself next March :thumbsup2

but one time I forgot and of course it was the same day I forgot to put any on! It was Animal Kingdom too haha definitely not the park to be sans deodorant!!!

That's probably the best park to forget your deodorant...who would even notice? And if they did, just blame it on the gorillas, monkeys, Kevin, etc...whichever one happens to be close by! :laughing:

I'm sure Kari would be just as excited about that pretzel as Ariane was in that picture, but she was still at work during this carousing!
Whoops! That’s who I meant!
Oh boy, is something changing where it's even harder now to get a FP?
I’m finding it difficult to find a FP for the beginning of a trip. More luck later.

Beautiful shot!
We both had on gray shirts with pink flowers and jean shorts which I don't have a great picture of, but it was kismet I tell you!
::yes:: It was meant to be.
we noticed the old time trolley/bus was running. I don't recall whose idea it was to hop on, but hop on we did
Nice! So I'm not the only one who went for a ride down Main St. :)
We saw these bushes and thought of Billie @Elevationist, who had been "admiring" them the day before :rotfl:
Oh, dear...
:laughing:
What's Jenny doing back there? :laughing:
I suggested we do something that as soon as it started, I almost instantly regretted!
Uh, oh! Can't wait to find out!

Caught up again! Sorry I've been mostly lurking, Kelly, but I'm really enjoying reading your report! I love your stories, and your writing style and pictures! I'm also pleased (but not surprised) to hear that Kari is just as awesome in real life as I'd expect her to be!

A short while later, I started to notice a distinctive odor around me. I looked up and saw Ariane @ariane37 , Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe walking towards me, fresh off their Backstage with Rhinos tour.
We purposely rolled around in Rhino leftovers because we knew we were meeting you 😘
I had actually only met Ariane very briefly once before but I felt like I knew her from talking to her so much here on The DIS, and via texting.
I just can't believe we'd only briefly met! It feels like we've known each other much longer ❤
So...

You're saying they stink.

Okay.
But she's doing it nicely at least. And only in front of like 2000 people lol
And what a way to really meet her! Great first impression!
"Nice enough. Needs a bath, though."
I'm sure worse things have been said about me! And now I guess I should shower 🤔
This is also where you’ll learn how you can share YOUR story at Nomad Lounge. Guests can purchase a mini-banner for a dollar and record their own travel memories on it. The mini banners are then hung above the bar, meant to inspire future guests. (85% of the tag purchase goes towards the Disney Conservation Fund.)
Thanks Liesa @Steppesister ! I had a feeling it was something like this!
Ha! It's me though and yes I was excited; I was HANGRY. So that pretzel looked GOOD!
Hahaha for a second I considered canceling the rhino tour if it was going to make me smell!
:laughing: Don't cancel! It was really just that old people smell; you'll be fine :thumbsup2

But she's doing it nicely at least. And only in front of like 2000 people lol
::yes::
I'm sure worse things have been said about me!
I highly doubt that!
And now I guess I should shower 🤔
Well... that I can speak to. I have no idea what you smell like through my monitor. :laughing:
Ha! It's me though and yes I was excited; I was HANGRY. So that pretzel looked GOOD!
:sad2:
Yes, I know. I said Kari, but I meant you!

Sorry!

Whoops! That’s who I meant!

I knew you knew ::yes::

I’m finding it difficult to find a FP for the beginning of a trip. More luck later.

Oh, yes. True. Maybe once the dust settles around GE and they start allowing FPs, this one will be easier to get :-)

Nice! So I'm not the only one who went for a ride down Main St. :)

I thought that when I was reading your TR :laughing:

What's Jenny doing back there? :laughing:

Jenny is the life of every party...and mine train!

Caught up again! Sorry I've been mostly lurking, Kelly, but I'm really enjoying reading your report! I love your stories, and your writing style and pictures! I'm also pleased (but not surprised) to hear that Kari is just as awesome in real life as I'd expect her to be!

No worries, I do it too when I don't have time to reply!

You're going t be able to find out for yourself just how awesome she is very soon, right? Or I might be mixing up the dates. I just know it seems like a mini-EPIC trip will be there this month and I'm missing out!

Kari and I were dressed almost exactly alike on this day. We both had on gray shirts with pink flowers and jean shorts which I don't have a great picture of, but it was kismet I tell you!

Great minds! :goodvibes :goodvibes

don't recall whose idea it was to hop on, but hop on we did and had a great view of an early morning on Main Street, USA...

So much fun! I love when they have these vehicles out...it makes you feel VIP going down Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter