French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

When I went up, there was already a line of people along the front rail (thanks @pkondz !), so I decided to sit along the back rail (again, thanks @pkondz !) so I could have something to lean against.
:rotfl:
I even got my very first Bus Token!
I have never seen one of those! I thought they were a myth!
Good grief!
The wait wasn't as bad as this looks and I passed the time taking pictures that I'm usually just hurrying by...
Ohhhh… I think you just gave me an idea to do the same in September.
I was on and off FOP by 9:11am
That's not bad at all!
I was thoroughly enjoying my treat and just relaxing when a mother and her child came to sit next to me and the mother decided to spray Sunscreen on her kid RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I literally had to cover my coffee and throw out the rest of my danish that was now covered in sunscreen :(
I made a snarky comment as I got up and left and she kind of apologized, but I was still annoyed.
Ugh.
And yet... I get it. As a parent, you get so single-mindedly focused on your kid you forget there's a world out there.
This was really cool to see. I kind of love Parrots, all the way back to when I was a kid and my uncle had a yellow-naped amazon parrot that I loved :love:
:) Awww...
I started to head over to Expedition Everest, but was stopped in my tracks by none other than Kevin, herself!
Kinda hard not to stop for Kevin!
I thought you said you didn't take good selfies?
Got it! :)
and then met up with Liesa, who was enjoying her (most likely) sunscreen-free iced-coffee,
:sad2:

:laughing:
What... no Chunky-dump?
We talked about where to go and we had just heard that a little baby gorilla had just been born a day or two ago,
Ah! I didn't realize that it was just a few days before. For some reason, I thought it was weeks earlier.
I don't like being in the enclosure with them because I feel like I'm going to get pooped on.
"Okay, Fred. Here comes another one. Get ready... and.... bombs away!"
just sat people watching over by Harambe Marketplace...
I like you did this. I'm hoping to slow wayyyyy down and take things slower. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

I also poked around some shops and spotted this purse that I loved, but sadly did not end up getting...
It is really cute! I looked at that one but ended up going with the Passholder satchel in the Disney cats pattern.
I'm really fine with it all, just so long as they don't mess with the drunk with the pigs...
LOve that scene too!
Pecos Bill's, for my favorite Southwestern Salad 😋😍

I thoroughly enjoyed this, as I always do. And it was so nice and relaxing just sitting at an outside table people-watching for a bit and thinking about what a great day it had been.
I love that salad too! I really enjoyed mine when we stopped for lunch on our KttK tour.
I did end up moving closer and overall had an amazing view...
It's a great view!
I arrived back to the resort by 9:43 pm and pretty much headed straight to bed. It had been a long, EPICALLY amazing day, and a great start to the trip!
What an awesome first day!
This morning I woke up and packed my things as quietly as I could. Liesa was up and out before me but we were both going to AK so we planned to meet up later. I said good-bye and thanked Jill for her tremendous hospitality and was on my way fairly early. I brought my bags to Bell Services to be sent to the Wilderness Lodge and was on the bus to AK by 7:42 am. I even got my very first Bus Token!
Oh, I love to collect those!
I was on and off FOP by 9:11am and stopped after for a coffee and a danish at one of the kiosks. I was thoroughly enjoying my treat and just relaxing when a mother and her child came to sit next to me and the mother decided to spray Sunscreen on her kid RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I literally had to cover my coffee and throw out the rest of my danish that was now covered in sunscreen :(
I made a snarky comment as I got up and left and she kind of apologized, but I was still annoyed.
I just don't understand why some people have to be so rude and inconsiderate! Could she not LOOK around and make sure she would not impact any other people??? At the very least, she should have offered to replace your coffee and danish!
I love Kevin! I followed her around for a little bit but she doesn't stay in one place for too long.
I was also texting Liesa and telling her where Kevin was. She and I were planning on meeting up in a little bit, but in the meantime, I went on EE a couple times using the single rider line...
I love Kevin SO much!
We talked about where to go and we had just heard that a little baby gorilla had just been born a day or two ago, so we headed there, hoping to catch a glimpse...
I would have loved to have seen the new baby!

Enjoying your HH pics on FB, looks like you guys are really having a good time!
Congrats on making it to May 3rd in your report :rotfl2:

Something I would do too.........the snarky comment, not the spraying :headache: I hate when people don't check their surroundings before spraying that stuff!
Next up, I finally meet up with my crew that I would spend most of the next few days with!
Whoo!! And what an awesome crew we all were:dancer:

so I decided to sit along the back rail (again, thanks @pkondz !) so I could have something to lean against.
I’ve never thought of watching fireworks from the train station. I should think about it though. Definitely has some benefits like being able to lean against the rail but most importantly beat the crowds to the bus.

I even got my very first Bus Token!
Just curious, do you remember how you got it? My DD has one of these but I have no recollection how she got it. Did we ask for one? Did a bus driver just give her one? No idea.

I'm shocked this is what you went for!!!

I don't hate this new scene, but I don't really love it either. I think it just seems kind of weird now.
I'm really fine with it all, just so long as they don't mess with the drunk with the pigs...
I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future laying with swine will become politically incorrect too :P

I did end up moving closer and overall had an amazing view...
That is an amazing view. We've still yet to see HEA from inside MK because I hate the crowds and waiting. Maybe we can give the train station a whirl.

meeting my new roomie, @kastoney for the first time
Hey that's me :drinking1

I was thoroughly enjoying my treat and just relaxing when a mother and her child came to sit next to me and the mother decided to spray Sunscreen on her kid RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I literally had to cover my coffee and throw out the rest of my danish that was now covered in sunscreen :(
Oh god that is horrible. What an idiot.

Oh that is precious!!!!!

I have never seen one of those! I thought they were a myth!

What? I thought you'd have loads of these, what with your VIP bus pass and all...:laughing:

And yet... I get it. As a parent, you get so single-mindedly focused on your kid you forget there's a world out there.

I'm sure, I get it too. But I'd like to think that I've never ruined someone's perfectly delicious danish :P

Ah! I didn't realize that it was just a few days before. For some reason, I thought it was weeks earlier.

I think the baby was two days old. And I think part of why I get so fascinated watching baby gorillas is because they remind me so much of the NICU babies I take care of. And the Mama Gorillas 😍 I could just watch them all day!

I like you did this. I'm hoping to slow wayyyyy down and take things slower.

Well, if you do, Harambe marketplace area is a great place to do this :thumbsup2

I understand this. I find myself buying a lot fewer "things" now because I think about how I can put that money towards a vacation.

I wish I could do both! But since I have to choose merch vs vacation, I choose vacation!

Wow you make Peco's Bill look gourmet! I've never seen a salad from there look so good!

Haha! Kari is horrified by my love of Pecos Bill's salads!

We never go up to the train station, but it really seems to be a good idea if you can get there early enough for a decent spot.

It was nice to get there early and just sit, and I love the vantage point! Maybe I'll try a little earlier next time and see if I can get the front rail!

I love that salad too! I really enjoyed mine when we stopped for lunch on our KttK tour.

Aw, I'm jealous! That wasn't an option when we did our KTTK tour!

Oh, I love to collect those!

You have a bunch? They are fun, I would love to get more!

At the very least, she should have offered to replace your coffee and danish!

Ha, it's fine. Maybe it was the universe telling me I shouldn't have been eating it anyway :P

Enjoying your HH pics on FB, looks like you guys are really having a good time!

We did, but thankfully we just got home last night...after a 17 hour drive :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I don't know if I can do that again!

Congrats on making it to May 3rd in your report :rotfl2:

Omg, seriously. In my best Chandler voice...Could I BE any slower??

Whoo!! And what an awesome crew we all were

:grouphug:

Just curious, do you remember how you got it? My DD has one of these but I have no recollection how she got it. Did we ask for one? Did a bus driver just give her one?

The bus driver actually offered one to a little kid next to me and I think I asked for one too :blush:

I'm shocked this is what you went for!!!

Are you, though? Are you really?

I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future laying with swine will become politically incorrect too :P

That's when I boycott POTC!

That is an amazing view. We've still yet to see HEA from inside MK because I hate the crowds and waiting. Maybe we can give the train station a whirl.

I highly recommend it, just leave right before the grand finale and you'll be the first one on the bus or boat :thumbsup2

Hey that's me :drinking1

:hug:

What? I thought you'd have loads of these, what with your VIP bus pass and all...:laughing:
:lmao:
I'm sure, I get it too. But I'd like to think that I've never ruined someone's perfectly delicious danish :P
"Whoops! I think some of that poopy diaper landed on your Danish. Just brush it off. It'll be fine!"
I think the baby was two days old. And I think part of why I get so fascinated watching baby gorillas is because they remind me so much of the NICU babies I take care of. And the Mama Gorillas 😍 I could just watch them all day!
I can see that!
Well, if you do, Harambe marketplace area is a great place to do this :thumbsup2
Thanks for the tip! :)

May 3, 2019
Smells like a Rhino

A short while later, I started to notice a distinctive odor around me. I looked up and saw Ariane @ariane37 , Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe walking towards me, fresh off their Backstage with Rhinos tour.

Despite the smell, it was so good to see them! I had actually only met Ariane very briefly once before but I felt like I knew her from talking to her so much here on The DIS, and via texting.
And obviously, I had spent the previous day with Jenny and Joe on our EPIC VIP tour so I felt like I was among old friends! Ariane's husband, Steve, was flying in later that day so for now it was just the four of us and we headed off to explore Mount Everest...

And I guess we really worked up an appetite and a thirst from all that exploring because from there, we went to get some lunch at the Nomad Lounge...

This was my first time ever in here and I loved all the questions and quotes...
We were wondering where those tags hanging from the ceiling came from, but we were all just having too much fun talking and laughing that we completely forgot to ask.

I don't have a photo of the menu, but I got these little sliders...
They were good and a perfect amount for lunch.

Ariane got this bread for the table, but I don't even remember if I ate any of it...

They also got some fun drinks, but I ended up just getting some water
which left me free to hold the camera for the selfie :duck:

We had a great lunch, though I'm still a little bitter nobody told me about the cauliflower bites I could have ordered from the menu next door :sad2:

We headed over to use our Safari FP next...

I think we might've chatted through most of it, but I got a great shot of the Hippos...

and the Mama and Baby giraffe...

And then we headed off to Pandora where our group got a little bigger!

Oh, and that Rhino smell? That was me. I smelled like a Rhino :laughing: What can I say? It was really hot that day.

Continued in next post...

Attachments

• 1564925276941.png
    1564925276941.png
    685.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
A short while later, I started to notice a distinctive odor around me. I looked up and saw Ariane, Jenny and Joe walking towards me,
So...

You're saying they stink.

Okay.
Despite the smell, it was so good to se them!
Friendship trumps stink!
I had actually only met Ariane very briefly once before
:laughing: And what a way to really meet her! Great first impression!
"Nice enough. Needs a bath, though."

I felt like I was among old friends!
Who needed a bath!

:rotfl:
And I guess we really worked up an appetite and a thirst from all that exploring because from there, we went to get some lunch at the Nomad Lounge...
Ohhh... heard good things about that place.
This was my first time ever in here and I loved all the questions and quotes...
I like that!
I don't have a photo of the menu, but I got these little sliders..
yum!
Ariane got this bread for the table, but I don't even remember if I ate any of it...
Kinda like a mini Sanaa bread service.
Love this shot of you guys! :)
Oh, and that Rhino smell? That was me. I smelled like a Rhino :laughing: What can I say? It was really hot that day.
:lmao: :rotfl:

As I was walking over to meet up with Liesa @Steppesister , I tried out my photography skills...

This photo never gets old! You done good!

and then met up with Liesa, who was enjoying her (most likely) sunscreen-free iced-coffee, just down the walkway...

Completely sunscreen free and uber delicious!

Liesa and I were patient and just stood for a long time watching and gradually were able to move closer and closer to where the mama was.

It was a ZOO in there! Holy cow! What a madhouse!

Every so often she would shift and we could maybe see the top of the little guy's head, but never enough to get a great picture, although I'm sure Liesa got better pictures than me with her amazing camera.

Not really. She was uncooperative to say the least!

I think Liesa headed out of the park to meet up with her mom and check into her amazing new resort.
The Princess had engagements and obligations to fulfill. ;)

We were wondering where those tags hanging from the ceiling came from, but we were all just having too much fun talking and laughing that we completely forgot to ask.

This is also where you’ll learn how you can share YOUR story at Nomad Lounge. Guests can purchase a mini-banner for a dollar and record their own travel memories on it. The mini banners are then hung above the bar, meant to inspire future guests. (85% of the tag purchase goes towards the Disney Conservation Fund.)

his is also where you’ll learn how you can share YOUR story at Nomad Lounge. Guests can purchase a mini-banner for a dollar and record their own travel memories on it. The mini banners are then hung above the bar, meant to inspire future guests. (85% of the tag purchase goes towards the Disney Conservation Fund.)

My faves!

YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BUS FOR THE BAOBOB!!!

A short while later, I started to notice a distinctive odor around me. I looked up and saw Ariane, Jenny and Joe walking towards me, fresh off their Backstage with Rhinos tour.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: And who knew this was an emoji 🦏🦏🦏

Still bitter 3 months later :earboy2:

We had a great lunch, though I'm still a little bitter nobody told me about the cauliflower bites I could have ordered from the menu next door :sad2:
If only I was there to clue you in!!!!

Friendship trumps stink!

Always!

This photo never gets old! You done good!

I'm sure yours is MUCH better!

It was a ZOO in there!

No pun intended?? 😆

Not really. She was uncooperative to say the least!

Overprotective Mama...just as she should be :love:

The Princess had engagements and obligations to fulfill. ;)

Pardon me for forgetting, your Royal Highness :worship::worship::worship:

I would be wondering the same!

Liesa explained it :-)

This is also where you’ll learn how you can share YOUR story at Nomad Lounge. Guests can purchase a mini-banner for a dollar and record their own travel memories on it. The mini banners are then hung above the bar, meant to inspire future guests. (85% of the tag purchase goes towards the Disney Conservation Fund.)

I love this! Now I'm sad we forgot to ask about it :sad2:

YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BUS FOR THE BAOBOB!!!

:laughing:

And who knew this was an emoji 🦏🦏🦏

Certainly not me or I would have used it!

[QUOTE="kastoney, post: 60918671, member: 291374"]
Still bitter 3 months later :earboy2:
[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'll be bitter in a couple weeks when you're all down there without me! :sad:

Wow, so many updates!

I love your pictures from HEA - I will miss seeing Wishes, but I look forward to seeing the new show!

I've never seen the bus tokens! Fun!

What a lovely morning at AK (minus that whole sunscreen spray incident >:( ). How fun to ride FOP, see Kevin, enjoy several rides on Everest, and meet up with friends!

May 3, 2019
PARTY OF FIVE

We got over to Pandora and were just relaxing while walking around so @Jenny Sanders and Joe could put their hands in any holes they came across. We stopped to take a selfie and got totally photobombed...

What the?? Where did that guy come from?!

Just kidding. @ariane37's husband Steve had just arrived and met us in Pandora!

We walked around for a bit waiting for our overlapping FP windows to open...

and some of us had a snack...
When a pretzel is as big as your head, you know it's going to be good!

I was also getting bombarded with a million photos of my DD and her BF going to the Junior Prom. I was really sad I was missing it, but it wasn't her Prom, it was his and they weren't even dating when I made these plans so many months prior.

They looked adorable and she managed okay without me, but my heart hurt a little not being there.

Anyway, nothing like a turn on the best ride in WDW to get my mind off things, and we were soon boarding our Banshees for an amazing Flight Of Passage! This was Jenny's second time EVER riding it and I think she loved it...at least she was laughing as we exited 😆

After that, we all headed out of AK and back to the Wilderness Lodge! I was still so excited to finally meet my new Roomie in person! Of course, I was also kind of nervous wondering if I'd like her as much in person as I do in her trip reports....Spoiler Alert...I did! The amazing Kari, @kastoney is just as much fun in person as she is here on the boards! But I'm getting ahead of myself...

I stopped to get my luggage and headed to our room which was on the ground floor. At first, I was a little skeptical, having never stayed on the ground floor in a deluxe resort, but I quickly learned that it was a fantastic location for getting to Roaring Forks, Geyser Point, the busses, and especially the boats to the MK.

Kari would later put this shower cap to good use...

More room pics in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter