Free Resort Wifi

ChiSoxKeith

DIS Veteran
Here at WDW now. First two days were at AKV and let me tell you the free wifi there is ABYSMAL. The signal strength is incredibly strong but the connection to the internet is slower than dirt. I would rather the internet over AT&T's EDGE connection (pre 3G speeds) or try dial up.

Then we moved over to Bay Lake Tower. The Free Wifi is really good. Signal not as strong as at AKV but the speeds are decent. Not enough to download and update the photo threads that I help run the weekly contest for, but decent enough to surf a bit of the internet.

Which part of AKV were you in when you tried to access the resort wifi?

We're at Jambo House, and the internet speed is as slow as dial-up used to be. We've stayed at Jambo for the past 3 years, and this is the only time we've ever had a problem with Internet. Since it now is free for everyone, I think having so many people using it has ruined it for those of us who are used to having it as a DVC perk. Last night it took me over 5 minutes to send a short e-mail.

Here at WDW now. First two days were at AKV and let me tell you the free wifi there is ABYSMAL. The signal strength is incredibly strong but the connection to the internet is slower than dirt. I would rather the internet over AT&T's EDGE connection (pre 3G speeds) or try dial up.

Then we moved over to Bay Lake Tower. The Free Wifi is really good. Signal not as strong as at AKV but the speeds are decent. Not enough to download and update the photo threads that I help run the weekly contest for, but decent enough to surf a bit of the internet.

Please forward your findings to Member Satisfaction.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

:earsboy: Bill

Which part of AKV were you in when you tried to access the resort wifi?

Kidani village, sunset savannah, near the Zazu elevator. Again it wasn't that I couldn't see the Wifi, the signal was full strength (listed as excellent on my PC), it was the pipe out to the Internet that was so slow.

Does the wired still work? I will still bring my router.

We ran into this out at Disneyland this year at both VGC & DLH, wireless very slow. Luckily they still had the wired.

Kidani village, sunset savannah, near the Zazu elevator. Again it wasn't that I couldn't see the Wifi, the signal was full strength (listed as excellent on my PC), it was the pipe out to the Internet that was so slow.

When we were at BLT last month, a technician working on the wireless system said Disney was going to offer three different connect speeds -- fast, faster, fastest (or slow, slower, slowest, depending on your point of view) -- and that the faster speeds might require a connection fee. I don't know whether to believe the tech. Even if rolls out three different connect speeds, I don't know if DVC members will have free access to the higher speeds.

Yea I remember seeing a thread about bringing a PS3 and if Wifi was available:

WDWwifi.jpg

WDWwifi2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter