Free Dining weirdness

justakrazymom

DIS Veteran
I just logged in via the new site and this is what the description of my packages is:
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside confirmation
September 13-27, 2013
14 Nights, 15 Days
Check in after 3:00:00pm, September 13
Check out before 11:00:00am, September 27
Moderate Resort
Downtown Disney Resort Area
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside-Standard View
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Quick Service Meals, 2013 Two Quick Service Meals per night

This is the regular plan.. says 1 table and TWO quick service.. when we made the ressie it was 1,1,1 ... has there been a change in the dining plan?

I plan to call tomorrow and see..

I just logged in via the new site and this is what the description of my packages is:
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside confirmation
September 13-27, 2013
14 Nights, 15 Days
Moderate Resort
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Quick Service Meals, 2013 Two Quick Service Meals per night

This is the regular plan.. says 1 table and TWO quick service.. when we made the ressie it was 1,1,1 ... has there been a change in the dining plan?

wording has even changed since I posted this but essentially same thing:
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

September 13-27, 2013
14 Nights, 15 Days
Moderate Resort
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2013 Two Quick Service Meals per night, 2013 Quick Service Meals, 2013 Table Service Meals - Adult

I think it's just the website being wonky.

It's less than a week away from the new year... definitely think we would have heard of a change like that by now.

I agree - it is probably the website having issues. Since they have been testing or introducing the new site, I have seen all kinds of weird things and run into all kinds of inconsistencies. I just checked the 2013 dining plan documentation which has been update recently to include restaurants that hadn't signed previously, and it still states 1 TS, 1 QS and 1 snack.

Post back with what they say when you call. Curious to know now!

You got my curiosity up, so I went to mine to look and see...where do you see that on your confirmation?

How where you able to get free dining already? Did you have a pin or was it a bounceback?

I haven't heard of PINs including September yet so it looks like a bounceback reservation.

OP, I got free dining around your dates maybe they will offer it. Here is to hoping for you and everyone else wanting it.

Disney's Port Orleans Resort  Riverside confirmation
September 13-27, 2013
14 Nights, 15 Days
Moderate Resort
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining

Is it true? Do you get 2 QS a day?:coffee:

I have the same message too. Did you call and find anything out? :confused3

Dining Plan:
2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Two Quick Service Meals per night, 2013 Quick Service Meals

I have the same message too. Did you call and find anything out? :confused3

Dining Plan:
2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Two Quick Service Meals per night, 2013 Quick Service Meals

I emailed em.. got this:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are pleased to learn that you are planning to visit Walt Disney World® and appreciate your desire to make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible!

Please be advised that this is just a display issue with the new website.

The 2013 Magic Your Way plus Dining packages offers one table-service meal, one quick-service meal and one snack per person, per night of your package stay at over 100 participating restaurants. Each person on the reservation, age 3 and up, will also enjoy a resort refillable drink mug, which can be used at your resort throughout your stay.

Interesting my reservations are listing the same thing about the table service and 2 quick service. I figured it was an error, but wonder if we can hold them to it? I printed out the page just in case.

Interesting my reservations are listing the same thing about the table service and 2 quick service. I figured it was an error, but wonder if we can hold them to it? I printed out the page just in case.

Everything else still states the correct amount of entitlements - including the brochure. It's just a website glitch - they won't honor it. If they honored everything that website has been saying with the updates people would be dining at Akershus 7 days in a row or people that are missing on the reservation wouldn't get credits at all.

whoever has the disney website contract must be sweating bullets

terrible website... you would think a company like disney with the powers of a movie studio and everything else could do a better job

jamescanuck2001 said:
whoever has the disney website contract must be sweating bullets

terrible website... you would think a company like disney with the powers of a movie studio and everything else could do a better job

It really is nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter