Free dining - using other people in same rooms credits

5msvglow

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

Slightly odd one this but would be very grateful for somebodies advice on this.

The current deal in the UK means that if two couples book a two week stay in a two bed villa for 4 people, along with the 14 day (7 free) ultimate ticket they will get free dining for everybody.

If one couple leaves after a week, but the other stay on in the same accommodation for the remaining week, providing nobody tells Disney, is it possible for the remaining couple to use the dining credits left on the departed couples cards?

The only barrier I can think of is if the cards need to be used at the park turnstiles before using them at a restaurant.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi there,

Slightly odd one this but would be very grateful for somebodies advice on this.

The current deal in the UK means that if two couples book a two week stay in a two bed villa for 4 people, along with the 14 day (7 free) ultimate ticket they will get free dining for everybody.

If one couple leaves after a week, but the other stay on in the same accommodation for the remaining week, providing nobody tells Disney, is it possible for the remaining couple to use the dining credits left on the departed couples cards?

The only barrier I can think of is if the cards need to be used at the park turnstiles before using them at a restaurant.

Thanks for your help :)

Assuming the dining plan for UK visitors works the same as US - don't know why it wouldn't but I know ticket options are different - dining credits are actually shared within the room. Conceivably 1 person in the room could eat all the snack credits allowed for everyone. Credits are not specific to any 1 card, just within the same room.

All I can think is you will still be paying the extra adult charge per night. I'm not sure how much that is at the villas.

Enjoy your vacation!

There is no extra adult charge at the villas. The plan would work, but keep in mind you are paying for a 2 bedroom for 2 people for the second week. You may want to look at the price of a 1 bedroom for the second week.

There is no extra adult charge at the villas. The plan would work, but keep in mind you are paying for a 2 bedroom for 2 people for the second week. You may want to look at the price of a 1 bedroom for the second week.

Yeah I thought about that - but am I not right in saying if I change rooms then I need to buy new tickets to keep the free dining plan?

Yeah I thought about that - but am I not right in saying if I change rooms then I need to buy new tickets to keep the free dining plan?

Yes. You would have to buy new tickets for the second reservation.

The dining credits would be available to you as long as you're in the same room. Sometimes we stay longer than the others on our reservation and we've never had a problem using the remaining credits.

Thanks! Seems almost worth keeping the 2 bed villa on to enjoy signature dining every night!

Price it out to see if you actually save anything paying extra for the 2br vs dining.

While there would not be a problem using the extra dining credits, the problem that I see is in the terms that you outlined in the OP. You have 2 couples booking a 2 week stay in a 2 bedroom villa. But one couple is only staying for the first week. So the remaining couple is paying the full price for the villa for the second week. Those villas are expensive. I would think that the added cost of the villa will cancel out any possible benefit you would get from the extra dining credits.

Since this is a U.K.-specific offer, you might also try posing a question to the U.K. board to see if there is any flexibility regarding changing rooms with this offer. The free-dining offers in the U.S. certainly do require a separate 2nd reservation and additional minimum ticket purchase to have free-dining on a split-stay. I know U.K. packages are sometimes very different than U.S. pacakges because you folks tend to come for longer periods of time. Therefore, there could be some clause allowing a split-stay with free dining. Worth asking the U.K. folks directly.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter