Free Dining Times??

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused!

I've read a few people talking about times of FD, and been advised I should get ADRs if visiting during FD times...

I'm travelling from the UK, and the offer here was book before 22nd Oct and get free dining (for moderate hotels or higher) for anytime during 2014. We booked, and as we are staying at SSR, got the DDP free for our trip starting August 18th.

Then I read that FD only happening in September, etc... and assume there are different offers in different countries- am I right? If so, when are the FD times for the majority? Am I travelling in a standard FD time, or not?

Does that make sense? I'm definitely a bit befuddled here!! :D

Thanks in advance for any help!
Clare

The US offers are very different from the UK offers. They are not offered at nearly as many times to US guests.

As for the times, they vary, but the only definite standard seems to be the month of September.

There are also many different offers; there is a bounceback offer now. You can only book that while you are actually staying at WDW. It's for dates from August 20 to September 29 2014. So when you go, there will be some guests on free dining, but not as many as there would be if the offer was made to the general public.

You should make ADRs if you want to make sure you eat anywhere in particular. Free dining or no free dining.

:thanks:
That's very helpful :) I'm glad there are lovely people who can answer my random questions! :)

We'll definitely make some ADRs for the places we reeeeeeeally want to eat at, but it's good to know it's not a peak time for FD. There are a few places I desperately want to visit, but generally, we're quite flexible about eating (especially on holiday... we often eat quite late in the day) and it will make DH happy if we don't have to have ADRs every single day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter