Free dining question...

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.

No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.

No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.

Thank you! Not the answer I was hoping for :lmao: but at least I know to make other plans. Maybe we'll do Universal, Seaworld, and Legoland the first week and only do Disney the second week instead of Disney for both weeks if Disney doesn't want our money, LOL!:cool1:

We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.

Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. :) In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.

Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. :) In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.

I guess I could but then I'd be paying for two sets of 5 day tickets rather than one set of 10 day tickets which would be significantly more money. If I have to do that, I may as well take advantage of the time that first week and go do something else.

Regardless, we'll have a good time whether we spend all of our time at disney or break it up by doing something else the first week. All depends on the discounts offered! Waiting for the discounts...

You could book your first stay with the full days amount of tickets and the 2nd portion of the stay with 2 day tickets per person and save those for a future trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter