Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my phone is crazy. I am checking in on Dec 13 and we are under FD package. Can I pick up my tickets before the 13? Please advice since I will be staying in another property as RO discount and will like to go to the parks. Thanks!

The policy is your allowed to pick up your tickets up to three days early at any guest relations.

The policy is your allowed to pick up your tickets up to three days early at any guest relations.

Hi, many thanks! Do you know where I can look for that reference to the policy. I talked with various CM while updating my days and they says that no is allow and I remember read in somewhere in this forum that is permit and you confirmed.

For those of you struggling to get free dining, I received an email from Travelocity today for 15% off today on hotels. I know if you can go through an ebates or shopathome you can get some further savings. Ebates is 6.5% on hotels. I think you can add tickets and get the 15% off those as well. Just in case someone has thought about this, maybe the 15% will help.

Code: GETAWAY15E

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...

I tried to get free dining for our dates (first or third weeks of Nov.), and my TA said that no FD was offered at POR in the Alligator Bayou rooms. I didn't see that on the exclusions for this package. Has anyone else had experience with this?

With 5 people in our family and a budget to work within - should I try instead for a room discount, and just pay OOP for counter service meals? I know there aren't many "budget" options for families of our size.

Thanks for your input!

Ok...found a huge bonus with starting a new job this week.....the days fly by and our disney trip gets closer and closer! :)

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...

I tried to get free dining for our dates (first or third weeks of Nov.), and my TA said that no FD was offered at POR in the Alligator Bayou rooms. I didn't see that on the exclusions for this package. Has anyone else had experience with this?

With 5 people in our family and a budget to work within - should I try instead for a room discount, and just pay OOP for counter service meals? I know there aren't many "budget" options for families of our size.

Thanks for your input!

Free dining was offered for those rooms and dates in limited quantities. I was able to grab one a day or 2 after the deal went to the general public. They are hard to come by, but others have still been getting them in the last few days sporadically though, so If your TA does not want to keep looking, i would book it yourself if you saw your dates. If you are really attached to your agent, you can always have your reservation transferred to them.

Yeah I don't know what happened but we bought our flight back in June...since the same round trip flight for 4 of us would run $700 more now! Crazy!

Oh boo! I need to book our flights too but haven't yet. They aren't to bad on southwest coming from NC. I think it will be $1194 for all of us.

For those of you struggling to get free dining, I received an email from Travelocity today for 15% off today on hotels. I know if you can go through an ebates or shopathome you can get some further savings. Ebates is 6.5% on hotels. I think you can add tickets and get the 15% off those as well. Just in case someone has thought about this, maybe the 15% will help.

Thanks so much! I am on hold right now with Disney to see if I can cancel my October trip with them. Our dates our Oct. 5th-12th at POR...no FD and no discount (bc tix increase cancels the 5% out). However, when I looked this up online for Travelocity, we can save a few hundred dollars!....Let's hope my hold time isn't long!

This hold is killing me! I can't believe there are still these hold times! Dying over here!

Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! :scared:) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!:cool1:

Anyone have any reason NOT to book with Travelocity??? Any bad experiences?

Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! :scared:) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Woohoo!!!party::jumping1:party::jumping1:party::jumping1:party:

Woohoo!!!! Congrats!!!

CaraMiaBelle - Thanks for your reply! Our TA made it sound like that portion of POR was totally excluded, and there never were any rooms set aside for the free dining promotion in Alligator Bayou.

I will try to contact Disney a few times and see if something opens up. If not, my next choice will be to travel at the end of Jan. 2014 and pay OOP for our meals. There is a good chance that something - probably a room discount - will be available at that time.

Thanks again!

Anyone have any reason NOT to book with Travelocity??? Any bad experiences?

I actually did book with them and cancelled when my dates opened with free dining. I was in the same boat, waiting for dining and paying rack rate when I booked. Interestingly, I was able to attach my Travelocity reservation to MDE. It was very easy to cancel with them after I finally was able to book free dining, no fees. I haven't booked with them for Disney beyond that, sorry I can't help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter